Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

So has anybody set up a mirror or a downloadable version of this thing or are we just SOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
We could wait until 1/27
:iiam:

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
In the meantime if you want something else to play with ESRGAN is a new deep learning algorithm used to upscale compressed images based on procedurally generating the missing info from a dataset of images that it has been trained on. It's a bit harder since nobody to my knowledge has made an actual browser version but if you're willing to go to the trouble of installing all the code libraries and setting it up you can see what peoples' avatars would look like in glorious painterly HD or how old videogames would look if they didn't have to severely downscale the source images to work on then-contemporary computers.

A whole buttload of other upscaled Sierra adventure games

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Doom 2 ESRGAN

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

So I guess this is never going back online?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Basticle posted:

So I guess this is never going back online?

https://github.com/lllyasviel/style2paints/blob/master/README.md

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

Well, they gave a date, then when that date came, they went back on their promise and instead now ask for money.

Of course it was free, but it's kind of hard to "donate" to people who show that their word doesn't really mean anything. :(

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Telebite posted:

Well, they gave a date, then when that date came, they went back on their promise and instead now ask for money.

Of course it was free, but it's kind of hard to "donate" to people who show that their word doesn't really mean anything. :(

will never forget the day Style2Paints stole my innocence

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Telebite posted:

Did you actually read that post, because it links to both a downloadable version for anyone willing to set up their own server and also https://paintschainer.preferred.tech/index_en.html

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

But not the V4, which is what everyone was using here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
And that will be open sourced before/when V5 is ready.

People so mad their free stuff is gone despite it costing them $1k/mo to host it so people can color dickbutt 1000 times each. I mean, if you really need it, they said they'd rehost it if you want to pay them to cover the costs of providing it. In the end, it's our own fault for loving it so much.

ILL Machina fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Feb 12, 2019