Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
HM: Finn Balor vs Jordan Devlin, NXT UK Takeover: Blackpool 1/12
MOTYC: Mustache Mountain vs Grizzled Young Vets, NXT Takeover UK 1/12

These 2. I liked the main event too but thought it dragged, especially the first half.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Updated the lists - FYI Dunne/Coffey needs 1 more vote to make the official MOTY list, and 1 more vote for Balor/Devlin will put it on the HM list.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Jerusalem posted:

Updated the lists - ... 1 more vote for Balor/Devlin will put it on the HM list.

You know, I’ll give Balor/Devlin the +1.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

sportsgenius86 posted:

HM: Eddie Edwards vs. Moose, Impact Homecoming, 1/6

sportsgenius86 posted:

MOTYC: Lucha Bros vs. LAX, Impact Homecoming, 1/6

A bit late, but Nthing both of those.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Jerusalem posted:

Updated the lists - FYI Dunne/Coffey needs 1 more vote to make the official MOTY list, and 1 more vote for Balor/Devlin will put it on the HM list.
I'll give Dunne/Coffey a MOTY nod

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

HM: LA Park vs. Gringo Loco - MLW Fusion Episode 38 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_QwzpsVjGk&t=212s

HM: Dragon Lee vs. Rich Swann - MLW Fusion Episode 39 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPD9ztWgx70&t=313s

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I don’t think that it was a MOTYC but I’ll add an
HM to the Lucha Bros-LAX tag from Homecoming. Fun match: LAX keep on being the best tag team in wrestling.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
WMOTYC: Super Raton (actually good, not his fault!), Super Muneco (the second worst wrestler on the Earth) and Super Pinocho (the worst wrestler on the Earth) vs. Rocky Santana, El Gallego and Romano Garcia, 1/14, CMLL Arena Puebla

You need to see this match when it is up on youtube but you can just vote for it based on this:

https://twitter.com/mongo_ebooks/status/1085024516236107777

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I greatly admire CMLL for combining the best and worst of wrestling in one promotion.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I feel bad because I heard that super muñeco has something wrong with him, but he's still wrestling

Like cancer or something

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

WMOTYC: Super Raton (actually good, not his fault!), Super Muneco (the second worst wrestler on the Earth) and Super Pinocho (the worst wrestler on the Earth) vs. Rocky Santana, El Gallego and Romano Garcia, 1/14, CMLL Arena Puebla

You need to see this match when it is up on youtube but you can just vote for it based on this:

Absolutely 2nd

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

3rd

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

4th, just for the GIF there.

Also, I'd like to nominate it for MOTYC, also for the GIF there.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
HM Rey Mysterio vs Andrade Smackdown Live 1/15/19

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

HM: Andrade "Cien" Almas vs Rey Mysterio Jr, WWE Smackdown 1/15

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

HM Rey Mysterio vs Andrade Smackdown Live 1/15/19

JGKing
Dec 26, 2012

What has happened to this company?!
HM: Aichner & Barthel vs. Mandrews & Flash Morgan Webster - NXT UK 1/16

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dragon Gate's Open the New Year Gate 2019 at Korakuen Hall

MOTYC: Rookie Ranking Tournament Final Round - Shun Skywalker vs. Kaito Ishida

Four months of storyline finally building up to this match, had a lot to deliver on, and both young guys delivered in spades. If he hadn't made his case in 2018, then Shun started 2019 showing off that he's main event talent.

https://twitter.com/MrLARIATO/status/1085496429378977792

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jan 17, 2019

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
Motyc: sobereano jr vs Bárbaro Cavernario. Fantasicamania

More of a spot match than there one last year but the spots are all great and they hit most of them or kill each other.

Hm: Dragón lee and Mistico vs cuatrero and Sanson. Fantasicamania

Fun tag. Everyone looks great.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Willninho posted:

More of a spot match than there one last year but the spots are all great and they hit most of them or kill each other.

I would go HM on both these

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Willninho posted:

I agree with these two votes.

MOTYC: Soberano Jr. vs Bárbaro Cavernario (1/18, NJPW)
HM: Dragón Lee & Místico vs Cuatrero & Sansón (1/18, NJPW)

Also going back two weeks I have these:

HM: Dragon Lee vs Bárbaro Cavernario (1/4 CMLL)
HM: Cuatrero, Forastero, Sansón © vs Ángel de Oro, Niebla Roja, Soberano Jr. (Mexican National Trios, 1/4 CMLL)

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Boco_T posted:

HM: Cuatrero, Forastero, Sansón © vs Ángel de Oro, Niebla Roja, Soberano Jr. (Mexican National Trios, 1/4 CMLL)

Nth

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Boco_T posted:

Oh and here's the links to these if anyone's interested. CMLL ones are free on Youtube, NJPW ones are on World so if you got Wrestle Kingdom you can watch them:

Dragon Lee vs Bárbaro Cavernario (1/4 CMLL) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fogf9est4M8&t=4496s
Cuatrero, Forastero, Sansón © vs Ángel de Oro, Niebla Roja, Soberano Jr. (Mexican National Trios, 1/4 CMLL) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fogf9est4M8&t=6101s

Soberano Jr. vs Bárbaro Cavernario (1/18, NJPW) https://njpwworld.com/p/s_series_00504_3_1 (1:36:30)
Dragón Lee & Místico vs Cuatrero & Sansón (1/18, NJPW) https://njpwworld.com/p/s_series_00504_3_1 (1:57:45)

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Boco_T posted:

nth to all of these.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

HM: Dragon George & Sweet Gorilla Maruyama vs Ginbae Mask & Gokiburi Mask -

Gokiburi Mask in an evil heel and he enjoyed egging the crowd along. Dragon Geroge also needs to face Okada

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I am confident Dragon George vs Kazuchika Okada would be the match of the year, I’m willing to nominate it now on the premise that it would somehow encourage Gedo to book it. (Book it, you coward)

SatoshiMiwa posted:

2nd.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I've tallied up all the MOTY and WMOTY votes to this point:

Super Raton, Super Muneco and Super Pinocho vs. Rocky Santana, El Gallego and Romano Garcia is one vote short of being the first match to successfully hit the WMOTY threshold, if anybody was holding out on voting.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I've tallied up all the MOTY and WMOTY votes to this point:

Super Raton, Super Muneco and Super Pinocho vs. Rocky Santana, El Gallego and Romano Garcia is one vote short of being the first match to successfully hit the WMOTY threshold, if anybody was holding out on voting.

I'll take that vote

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Gokiburi Mask in an evil heel and he enjoyed egging the crowd along. Dragon Geroge also needs to face Okada

3rd.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I Before E posted:

I'll take that vote

Ladies and gentlemen, we have our first official worst match of the year nomination!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Was gonna say HM but gently caress it:

MOTYC: Rey Mysterio vs. Andrade in a 2-out-of-3 Falls match - WWE Smackdown 1/22

How the gently caress Rey can still be so quick and innovative at his age and the condition of his body belies belief. Andrade is able to keep up with him every step of the way and it made for an absolutely incredible match full of insane moves, big spots and innovative counters aided by a hot crowd that was fully into the match and absolutely invested in the face/heel dynamic. The ending may detract slightly from the match, but the match itself was so good I can't really hold it against it.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Rey Mysterio vs. Andrade in a 2-out-of-3 Falls match - WWE Smackdown 1/22

How the gently caress Rey can still be so quick and innovative at his age and the condition of his body belies belief. Andrade is able to keep up with him every step of the way and it made for an absolutely incredible match full of insane moves, big spots and innovative counters aided by a hot crowd that was fully into the match and absolutely invested in the face/heel dynamic. The ending may detract slightly from the match, but the match itself was so good I can't really hold it against it.

Watch this match, 2nd. The ending wont take away in what was a superb match between two wrestlers who complement each other greatly

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Thirding

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Jerusalem posted:

3rd or 4th or whatever

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Nthed

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Ending ruined it for me

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Tomahawk posted:

Ending ruined it for me

Yeah I just can't give MOTY to a match with a non-finish. HM for me.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

HM for the ending

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
Here to add more votes.

WMOTY: Cody Rhodes (C) vs. Juice Robinson for the IWGP United States Championship - New Japan Wrestle Kingdom 13

MOTYC: Soberano Jr. vs Bárbaro Cavernario - NJPW Fantasicamania (5 votes)

MOTYC: Lucha Brothers vs LAX - Impact Homecoming

MOTYC: Rey Mysterio vs. Andrade in a 2-out-of-3 Falls match - WWE Smackdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Soberano Jr. vs Bárbaro Cavernario and Rey Mysterio vs. Andrade both now need a single extra MOTY vote to hit the threshold, if anybody is so inclined.

Edit: GenericMartini, you already voted for Cody vs Juice as WMOTY before this.