Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Can't wait. Gonna be fun. gently caress you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Fart City posted:

I’m calling it right now, the movie ends with Captain America going back to the 40’s to have his dance with Peggy Carter, and it will be praised as pure poetry

I actually want this and I might cry at it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I love the MCU and I’m exited for the last Avengers movie with characters I care about.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It was just for Infinity War.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Josh Lyman posted:

I didn’t realize tickets went on sale today. I guess everyone in DC has AMC A List or something because the largest theater was basically sold out of all their Dolby Cinema and IMAX showings for opening weekend. I’ve never seen a film in Dolby Cinema but my understanding is it’s a higher quality presentation unless you’re in a laser IMAX or 70mm theater.

I did manage to sneak in a decent seat for Dolby Cinema late Saturday evening. I’ll probably see it again in IMAX to see what I missed out on; I think seeing it in IMAX first is probably worse since I may not notice the extra stuff since I’ll be focused on the middle of frame... he said to rationalize his decision. :v:

the tickets went on sale super early in the morning. Like for me, they were already going at 6:30 GMT

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Here's a couple shots I found to be at least decent in The Avengers from a while back. I think even SMG said "eh, yeah whatever".

That last shot is kind of neat because we've never seen Tony in that perspective in the suit before. So I'll give it credit for doing a new thing there.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I love the shot of Red Skull’s car pulling into the frame with that dope as gently caress hydra logo on the hood.

Captain America is well shot but the camera they used is ugly digital crap. But it doesn’t ruin it for me.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The stakes are real because contracts are up!!!!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

People believe you. but it was also said they filmed 5 endings.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

They filmed 5 endings. They have said this.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Do you really want me to spoil what I saw so you will stop going "maybe it was one of the other endings"

because they didn't spend that much goddamn money on cgi for a fake out

They film five endings.

This is all I have said. It is all they said. No one said you're wrong. Or you didn't see what you saw.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’d argue John Wick shouldn’t feel real. It’s all heightened, like a comic book or a cartoon.

If it felt real, it would be a little much.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Physics killed his dog, now physics must die!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Me.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I agree with that Thor. #TeamThor

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That is not what Paul Battany looks like.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Mike the TV posted:

When I saw the movie, I had a goon sitting behind me that kept throwing out terrible nerd jokes and kept talking with his friends about how ScarJo would totally be into him. When Thanos and his armies get dusted, he yelled out "SQUADWIPE" in an otherwise completely silent theater and then his friend punched him.

This is a good tale.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I take a big ol piss.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Waffles Inc. posted:

i’ll be real that I haven’t read every post but was anyone else really creeped out by spider man asking his computer to murder those soldiers?

No.

I’m glad he did that though.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Waffles Inc. posted:

It’s pretty hosed up

Do you feel sad for the Xenomorphs

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

They’re dog monsters that used their own bodies to push themselves through the Wakanda shields. (This was in IW so not a spoiler)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fandom.com/wiki/Outriders

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

What are they gonna use harsh language!?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Waffles Inc. posted:

Grown adults, many of whom are (or were) actual literal soldiers fighting and killing actual literal terrorists and fascists and also Nazis is very very different from a teenager who like one movie ago seemed very upset and unsettled by that feature

He wasn’t fighting for his life then. And he also wasn’t fighting humans.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Waffles Inc. posted:

It was played for a laugh, friends. And that’s really hosed up

What about when John Wick kills a man with a fuuhking peeencel.

That is played for laughs.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Can’t wait for the death by books in 3

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s okay to kill aliens if they’re about to eat you. And also big ol violent scenes are fun sometimes.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yes. But it’s a take I find to be a little annoying.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Looks like rear end due to its frame rate.

Might be an okay movie though.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

If I had a friend who hated the MCU, I wouldn’t drag them to see it. out of respect for them, because they are my friend and I’d rather spend time doing something we both enjoy.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Vintersorg posted:

God I loving hate We Are the Champions (love Queen tho).

It’s a good rear end song bro

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That’s the saddest thing I’ve ever read.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Also gently caress that guy for taking pics during the movie.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I wonder if “snape kills dumbledore” guy woulda got wrecked if he wasn’t hiding in his car, ready to drive away?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Thanos only killed half. It was the half that no one really cared about

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Invalid Validation posted:

He specifically says he only killed half, now how they got off the destroyed ship...well it’s a movie don’t think too hard about it.

I mean, lifeboats are probably a thing.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

They make good cross over movies

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Not sure where you got this impression, but alright!

Well, I watched them, and I felt good afterwards. I had an emotional reaction to them that was positive, ergo, visa vi, I think they’re good.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s not great and I say it as a massive Gunn fan.

But I think it was shot in a couple hours super quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Captain America is one of the best MCU movies so I don’t agree taking it out of any rotation is a good thing.

You can “get the info” but I feel like the emotional connection just wouldn’t be there without it. The ending of Endgame is a direct reference to CA, and it has so much emotion running through it because of that film.