Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Sir I demand an apology on behalf of Mr Evilhawk. How dare you claim that a football fan might be biased.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Breath Ray posted:

The other funny thing is Liverpool fans saying city got lucky after Liverpool scored four lucky goals against arsenal less than a week ago.
That goal against Everton is the luckiest goal scored all season

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

RideTheSpiral posted:

graeame souness is such a oval office
On the one hand he had the loving balls to plant a Galatasaray flag on Fenerbahce’s pitch.

On the other hand you have bullshit like this, stopping in the opposition half to do a ridiculous backpass

https://twitter.com/FootballCliches/status/914235404433444865

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

CyberPingu posted:

gently caress, that might have been me. Youtube were running a repeat of a pre-season Barca Liverpool friendly and had big ****LIVE**** tags in the title so i though it was live.

Will never live that down.
lol this one right?

https://www.skysports.com/football/liverpool-vs-barcelona/teams/354833

Proper weird friendly that. I mean Grujic of all people scored a beautiful header in it.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

julian assflange posted:

He cost shitloads of money and they got a player that plays like he cost a shitload of money. When I think bargain I’m thinking someone who cost little relative to the clubs resources and then went on to become a legend.

In any case the remaining top 20 could end up being contrary to what I just said in which case welp :downs:
Yeah I mean I agree with this

quote:

For a start, in the same transfer window, Romelu Lukaku cost £75m, Alvaro Morata £60m and Gylfi Sigurdsson £45m.
But even at the time a lot of people thought it was a huge risk spending £34m on a player that was written off after his career at Chelsea.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

James Milner has deservedly got a lot of credit for hitting his heights in the latter years of his career, but thats nothing compared to a PE teacher becoming a PL referee.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Mickolution posted:

Lots of refs were PE Teachers, I think. Refs have only been professional since 2001.
Remarkable. Who knew that PE teachers could integrate into society?

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Soccerstreams PL lives

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Say what you want about Pep, but he knew that Joe Hart was poo poo from day one and the outrage caused by trying to get rid of him is so funny in retrospect.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I went off Joe Hart after he moaned about how he didn't make the England squad for the World Cup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Pirlo playing against England was great, because he completely clowned them but every England fan developed a crush on him.