Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

portrait of champions if you ask me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

TheTrend posted:

We should
Don’t call us that

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

He was a pissy man who used his internet powers so people couldn’t talk poo poo about his favorite sports franchise

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I think a lot of Abramovich's money in Chelsea are considered low-interest or no-interest loans, too.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Doesn't make sense to me that any goalie would retire this young. He's leaving money on the table.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Not particularly convinced he's done much
He hasn't been around very long and was only very recently rid of Wenger, it seems a stretch to talk about how much he's done

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Spurs should sign Jamie Vardy

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Someone did an accounting and concluded that Arsenal has more than enough wiggle room in its wage bill to sign more players: https://theshortfuse.sbnation.com/2019/1/14/18182224/arsenal-transfer-rumors-news-premier-league-wage-rules-explained

i.e. Arsenal is being cheap as poo poo

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

There's a lot of contradictory reports floating around, this is one where clearly nobody has good information yet

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The further back you go the less some of these purchases seem like a bargain. Transfer values have risen exponentially in recent years and £25 million from 8 years ago was a massive sum of money.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I'm sure Benitez is a swell guy in a tough spot but I'm not sure what's done to earn so much goodwill and sympathy

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

oliwan posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jan/27/mauricio-pochettino-spurs-focus-top-four-not-cups

Poch with the classic galaxy brain take that actually, winning trophies is bad lol
I see Poch graduated from the Arsene school of thought

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I’d be surprised if some City ticketholders haven’t already done the same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

When you're on Poch wages does your wife really still do the laundry? Surely you pay somebody to do it for you