Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Team Narrowly Loses Away Against Record Breaking Champions

Camp A: *hand wringing ensues*
Camp B: *Prepares 9001 slide PowerPoint on why Team cannot possibly put another foot wrong over the next 17 matches and demonstrates that 4 and 10 are basically the same*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Alternatively, William Hague

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Genuinely curious, where do Newcastle fans think the club should actually be, assuming competent but not making GBS threads oil owners?

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Lmfao

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

mila kunis posted:

he's going to spurs?

e: misread

loving lol

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Old financially comfortable Northern man in ill informed jingoistic rant shocker. Later in the show: Water is wet.

e: Looking forward to the Ramble pisstake on this, they love digs at Colin.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Der Shovel posted:

Absolutely buzzing. Ole's made watching United super fun again.

First half was fun to watch, second half was nerve wracking/nail biting. Still beats turgid Mouball and we'd absolutely have tanked that match if he was still in charge with the midfield being completely bypassed.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

"Otherwise clean challenge" jesus christ.

Boly leaps off the ground and goes in with studs up, it's not a slide tackle and it's reckless.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

It's one of the reddest reds given this season, even I can see that through any bias against City. Claiming otherwise is up in the dumb ranks along with sandwich "toppings" and watching a recorded match thinking it's live.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

CyberPingu posted:

gently caress, that might have been me. Youtube were running a repeat of a pre-season Barca Liverpool friendly and had big ****LIVE**** tags in the title so i though it was live.

Will never live that down.

Actually I was thinking of Woobi so lmao at you confessing this

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

CyberPingu posted:

Yuuup, that was the one.

Lol didnt see the OG under Mascherano and thought "loving hell was it that long ago?"

If memory serves, woobi was actually posting in a match day thread in "real time" haha

e:

Regarding the red card, CyberPingu has helpfully found a good clip of it https://streamja.com/00da

Lol if you see that last angle and think "ah yes, a clean tackle".

NinpoEspiritoSanto fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jan 15, 2019

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

CyberPingu posted:

So for me, that tackle is really similar to Kompany's tackle on Salah, the only difference being Kompany had glancing contact.

Unfortunately i can only find a clip of Kompany's tackle behind my Sky account so cant post it here

I don't disagree that Kompany should have walked as well.

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Lmao someone is actually saying that isn’t a red?

Peep the matchday thread.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

gtkor posted:

I wouldn't be able to say either way. He isn't really built around pace, but he has developed a pattern of losing multiple games a season to ankle issues at this point.

He's been making regular appearances since 2012/2013 and 40+ matches since 2014 which means since his late teens early twenties the big lad that can turn quick's ankles/soft tissues have taken a beating (not counting the fouls and what not). It's an issue with younger players being overplayed, see also Wilshere, Jack

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Cannon_Fodder posted:

I've slipped on the ice. Walked out to the car before going to work and ate poo poo on 1/4 inch sheet of ice on everything.

I've hurt my arm and my lower back. The swelling feels like I've got a marble growing out of my left hip.

You've jynxed me, thread. I probably deserve it.

Should watch where you're going instead of looking up over your head for the cheers son's crying joke.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

The ones I read seemed like an almost directly transcribed interview. The million mentions of banter and bantz in Lingard's and the style of Cantona's for example.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Relying on players that had a long world Cup then running them into the ground is probably more likely. Spurs rotated the least of the top 6 over Christmas.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

It's all coming up Solskjaer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Tsaedje posted:

There are people who will claim in a very hyperbolic way that Joe Hart was always poo poo. He did win two league titles and 4 golden gloves, and I don't think you can just put that down to dumb luck. He was definitely guilty of buying into the hype of being England #1, rested on his laurels and ended up falling off a cliff.

As for the Kasper Schmeichel thing: he was promising but pretty average when he left City, as you'd expect a keeper his age to be. He ended up behind Hart and Given in the pecking order. Note no Premier League team made any effort to sign him, then he improved with the regular starts he was never going to get in the top flight. Good on him, I'm glad he has done well, but he wasn't better than Hart at the time he chose to leave (with two years left on his contract) to play in league 2.

This is a pretty good post, but it should be noted that Hart had a couple of good seasons at City and had an in form before-he-went-Arsenal Kompany in front of him. Either side of that is bracketed by Shrewsbury and the Hart we know today.

Or to put it another way, he went from great at lower league, to Les Sealey, to Premier League Barthez to Taibi.

NinpoEspiritoSanto fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Feb 2, 2019