Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
just made a dude in some random Facebook group so mad that he private messaged me and threatened to book a flight to the city I supposedly lived in, except he put in a city with the same name in a totally different state. it started fairly innocuously

and then I probably had the most fun I've had talking to someone online in a long time just loving with this guy for 10 minutes. He wouldn't stop replying so I kept going. I went full Leonard J. Crabs and told him I had a massive penis and my nuts hang 2 inches off the floor, and I insisted that he should poo poo his pants.

Why does it feel so good? To have someone frothing at the mouth as a result of your shitposting? Is it a primal instinct? Does anybody else enjoy engaging with these ultra-butthurt types? It gives me an opportunity to brush up on some old Don Rickles zingers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyberpope v2
Oct 26, 2002

by Lowtax
If picking on retards wasn't such fun, your high school experience would be completely different.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
im gay

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/your-online-secrets/201409/internet-trolls-are-narcissists-psychopaths-and-sadists

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

Why does it feel so good? To have someone frothing at the mouth as a result of your shitposting? Is it a primal instinct? Does anybody else enjoy engaging with these ultra-butthurt types? It gives me an opportunity to brush up on some old Don Rickles zingers.

they must suffer as i do

whoever wrote this just doesn't understand the sheer joy of ganking some fool and then having them send you an angry mail about it

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

They conducted two online studies with over 1,200 people, giving personality tests to each subject along with a survey about their Internet commenting behavior. They were looking for evidence that linked trolling with the "Dark Tetrad" of personality traits: narcissism, Machiavellianism, psychopathy, and sadism.

quote:

They were looking for evidence that linked trolling with the "Dark Tetrad" of personality traits: narcissism, Machiavellianism, psychopathy, and sadism.

that's not how you do science you loving mongoloids

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Because your mom!

Hello care-free weekend! :)

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Cyberpope v2 posted:

If picking on retards wasn't such fun, your high school experience would be completely different.

most of the jocks i know in highschool are either in jail for domestic violence, or being a slave to a slumlord, or just chads.

its kind of funny

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Moridin920 posted:

that's not how you do science you loving mongoloids

wow you seem pretty angry about this

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Cyberpope v2 posted:

Retards in high school were cool and would never do or say anything worthy of being picked on. They would always slip you an extra Jolly Rancher at the school store if you gave them a high five. It's these fake, wannabe retards that bring it on themselves.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

feelix posted:

wow you seem pretty angry about this

"huh we think trolls are X let's go find the evidence for it"

where is your falsifiable thesis

what are you doing

gently caress

feelix
Nov 27, 2016

Moridin920 posted:

"huh we think trolls are X let's go find the evidence for it"

where is your falsifiable thesis

what are you doing

gently caress

have you considered that maybe the writer of the article, who is a computer scientist and not a psychologist, is doing a poor job of summarizing the study? Or maybe you are angry because it hits too close to home? Maybe I'm getting joy out of how angry it's making you and I'm the psychopath? What tangled webs we weave

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
can we just be angry here?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

One time I was playing TF2 and a bunch of guys were using the R-word so I asked them not to swear because I had my kids in the room with me (NOT!) and they became increasingly upset and yelling-angry and I began to get pm's from enraged gamers and people begging me not to tell the admins, as I was threatening to do.

It was a pretty wild 20 minutes. Well, that's my experience with making people angry, mostly I just make people feel good about themselves by being a bad poster.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
I dunno why OP but it's why I post on SA

the piss tape isn't real

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

VikingSkull posted:

I dunno why OP but it's why I post on SA

the piss tape isn't real

I attribute virtually all of my ability to generate sick owns to the great education I learned here at Something Awful University

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

I attribute virtually all of my ability to generate sick owns to the great education I learned here at Something Awful University

no rapes since yesterday, this guys legit

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
when you find an angry stupid person who feels angry but does not yet feel stupid they are in disharmony. it is within your power to align their mind and spirit with brutal owns

gary oldmans diary fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jan 4, 2019

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

gary oldmans diary posted:

when you find an angry stupid person who feels angry but does not yet feel stupid they are in disharmony. it is within your power to align their mind and spirit with brutal owns

go gently caress yourself with a rusty spoon

edit : i should be more angry about the origin of the spoon and how a spoon is made and the supply line and transport

i should be but thatd take effort

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Lime Tonics posted:

go gently caress yourself with a rusty spoon
https://i.imgur.com/H2blMIg.mp4

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
i do not own any rusty spoons. spoons are typically made from stainless steel and are therefore not prone to rusting, and if a spoon of mine were to rust i would doubtless throw it out

have you ever even seen a rusty spoon

phobo
Aug 7, 2008

Retards in high school were cool and would never do or say anything worthy of being picked on. They would always slip you an extra Jolly Rancher at the school store if you gave them a high five. It's these fake, wannabe retards that bring it on themselves.

There was this one light that all the school buses had to wait for in order to get out of the parking lot and it always took forever and everyone was super bored everyday. This one kid in the special classes took it upon himself to entertain the buses as they waited. He would dance like Michael Jackson on the corner while everyone hung out of the windows and cheered, it was awesome, because he was SUPER good at it for some reason. He did the moonwalk, the lean and everything. He was also obsessed with becoming an meteorologist, and you could get a fairly accurate weather report from him if you asked him.

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer

Lime Tonics posted:

most of the jocks i know in highschool are either in jail for domestic violence, or being a slave to a slumlord, or just chads.

its kind of funny

lol like you knew any of the jocks at your high school you fuckin nerd

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
racist against Alaskans lol

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Space Race Riot posted:

lol like you knew any of the jocks at your high school you fuckin nerd

you can swear on a piece of toilet paper if you want to

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

racist against Alaskans lol

hey guys get this the party of family values is just a domestic violence situation

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i scored high on the dark tetrad. don't gently caress with me

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
reddit is easy pickin's for this. In my group of friends we banned doing this in game subreddits because it's too drat easy

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Because you’re unhappy

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Lime Tonics posted:

its kind of funny

powerful self owns like this are a form of masochistic catharsis.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Hi, Wal-Mart? Did you know your one of your staff members owned me online.. yes, I'll hold.

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
can't believe that HACK Bowie stole the intro to ice ice baby

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
it helps with my crippling insecurity and social anxiety OP.

i'm winning, you see

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

just made a dude in some random Facebook group so mad that he private messaged me and threatened to book a flight to the city I supposedly lived in, except he put in a city with the same name in a totally different state. it started fairly innocuously

and then I probably had the most fun I've had talking to someone online in a long time just loving with this guy for 10 minutes. He wouldn't stop replying so I kept going. I went full Leonard J. Crabs and told him I had a massive penis and my nuts hang 2 inches off the floor, and I insisted that he should poo poo his pants.

So are you the left hand idiot or the right hand idiot?

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
You are an fucker OP. (Just kidding.)

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bonzo posted:

reddit is easy pickin's for this. In my group of friends we banned doing this in game subreddits because it's too drat easy

Reevaluate posting on reddit and this activity in general?

squid pro quo
Nov 11, 2018
Life can be difficult. There are many real challenges we must overcome. But then you remember that there are people on the internet who hate you just for existing, and making them mad is the best.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
You enjoy it because it's a cold, uncertain world and inflicting a bit of capricious misery on another person makes you feel slightly in control of fate, if only for a moment, OP.

Whether they deserve it or not is immaterial.

Zealander
Aug 3, 2006
You can be racist towards Alaska. Aren't 90% of Alaska slanted-eyed eskimos?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Same reason you stuck your finger up your rear end