Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Wraith, the Transformed

• Who were you before?

Who I was, who I used to be, doesn't matter anymore. The old me is dead, gone, lying dead in some alley somewhere. She doesn't exist anymore.

...But fine, if you really want to know, I’ll tell you. Esmeralda Flores. That was my name, but it doesn’t really mean anything to me anymore. I’ve got an older sister, Isabella, and the life we lead together… wasn’t an easy one. Our parents passed away while I was still young, so it’s just been me, and her, for the longest time. Isabella was the responsible one. She’d take on as many jobs as she can to keep us from having to live on the streets, and as for me? Well, I didn’t really do much to help. All I ever did was make things more difficult for her.

I was angry. I don’t even know why I was so angry, but I was, and I wasn’t the only one. I was in a gang, a small one, nothing like the Spiders or the Helldrakes, with kids who were just as angry as I was, and wanted to take out that anger anyway we can. We’d start trouble, get into fights, break everything around us, and my sister, as you’ve probably guessed, never approved of what we were doing. We would fight, every single night. She wanted me to stop what I was doing, but I was always too stubborn to listen, and on the night before I "died," we got into a really bad argument. It was the most heated we ever got with each other. We said some things we can't take back anymore, and it ended with me yelling out "I hate you," along with some other words, to her, before I stormed off, and left.

If I knew those would be my last words to my sister, I wouldn't of said it, but there's not much I can do about what happened in the past now.

• When did you change? What caused it?

Hell, your guess is as good as mine. I think it might've had something to do with the stuff Diego gave us, whatever the hell that was. I was with my gang, when Diego showed up, and started talking about some "amazing poo poo" he found. He took out this weird drink, and he kept hyping it up as something that would "change our entire world." He wouldn't tell us where, or how, he got it, and we thought he was just loving with us, but he kept insisting that what he got was the "real poo poo," so I said gently caress it, took the drink, and drank it all up in one go. We all waited for something to happen, but nothing ever did. We all laughed at him, told him he got ripped off by whatever dealer gave him his "miracle drink."

We all stopped laughing when the Spiders showed up.

Me and my gang, we had one rule; you don't mess with the Spiders, or the Helldrakes, but Diego, that idiot, broke that rule. He somehow stole that drink from the Spiders, and they were pissed about it. They followed him to our base, and that's when all hell broke loose. They beat most of us up pretty badly, and they were about to shoot Diego, but before they did, I pushed him aside... and ended up taking the shot instead. The bullet went straight through my heart, and... that was it for me. "No. No, no, no. I don't want to die. I don't want to die," those were my thoughts as I laid there, my vision going darker, and my body growing colder, and the last thing I thought of, before the whole world went dark, was of my sister, and how sorry I was for all the trouble I caused her.

And then I died.

...Or so I thought, anyways. I'm a little fuzzy about what happened next, but I remember my eyes opening up again, and my vision was different. Everything was grey, and misty. I remember hearing panicked screams around me. They were yelling about some kind of "unholy monster," and then there was gunfire. Lots of gunfire. Aimed at me.

That's when I realized it; the "monster" they were talking about was me. I came back to life, and appeared before them, like an angry, undead zombie.

The next few minutes were filled with more screams, gunfire, and bodies being tossed around. The Spiders made a run for it, and they weren't the only ones who left terrified. When I turned to look at my crew, they all had this look of pure fear in their eyes, and, before I could even say a single word to them, they all ran, and I was left there, in an empty building, confused and scared, and alone.

• Who, outside of the team, is helping you understand your new body?

After my... change, I stayed in that abandoned building for days. I had no idea what happened to me, and I was too scared to leave. I wanted to see my sister again, but how could I see her when I looked like something that walked out of a horror movie? I thought it would be better if I stayed hidden from the world... but then I met the old man.

Hiroto Fujimoto, that old man who owns that repair shop, walked into the building I was hiding in one day. I thought for sure he'd die of a heart attack when he saw me... but he didn't. He was strangely calm, gave me his hand, and even offered me a place to stay. I spent the next few days with him, trying to understand the change the changes I went through. I found out I can morph parts of my body slightly, make myself look a little more freakier. As for why and how it happened... I wish I knew, and the old man is just as clueless as I am. He thinks it might have something to do with the drink I had, but he's got no idea why it changed me the way it did.

• Why don't you just try to hide yourself away?

...I thought about it, believe me. Walking out in public is a giant pain. I gotta make sure I cover myself completely, hoodie and everything, avoid crowded places, and keep my distance from people, just so I don't start freaking people out. It sucks, but I think what's been keeping me from hiding myself away for good... is the anger. A small part of me still held onto some of that anger that I felt before, but my anger was a little more directed, at the Spiders. They were the reason why my life went to hell, they're the reason why I can't live a normal life anymore, and so many people I used to know got hurt by them. We keep our heads down, and let them walk all over us.

gently caress that. I might not have been able to do much before, but now... now I can, and you better believe I'm not going to let them get away with that poo poo anymore.

• Why do you care about the team?

...I don't know. Aside from some of the anger I feel at the Spiders, I don't really feel much of anything anymore. I guess a small part of me is sorta hoping that I could feel something again while I'm around them, but I'm not holding my breath. It's nice they let me into their group, and they're not too freaked out by me, but I don't think any of them can really understand what I'm going through. I don't think anybody does, not even the old man, but unlike everybody else in this drat place, they're actually doing something to change things, and I can respect that, at least.

• Who or what has the Spiderweb taken from you?

...When I was able to, I tried to visit my sister at our old apartment, only to find out she wasn't there. Isabella was gone, taken away by the Spiders, but that's not the real kicker here. She wasn't forced to go with them, she went with them willingly.

My sister became a part of their gang.

I couldn't believe it when I heard it. It was like one, big, drat joke. Isabelle, the same Isabella that chewed me out for causing so much trouble, is now part of the gang that hosed up our neighborhood. What the hell was she thinking? I'm the one who makes the loving dumb decisions, not her, and unlike me, she had a drat future, but she threw it all away, and I don't even know why. If I wasn't angry at the Spiders before, I got even more angry when I found out. It wasn't enough that they took my old friends, and my life, away from me, but they took my drat sister, too.

If I ever see her again, I'm going to ask her, and she better have a drat good reason for doing what she did.

quote:

Hero Name: Wraith
Look: Woman, latinx, upsetting eyes, strange flesh, no costume

Abilities:
❑ Transmuting flesh
❑ Inhuman might

Labels:
Danger +2
Freak +3
Savior +0
Superior -1
Mundane -1

Moves:
❑ Not human enough: When you directly engage a threat in a terrifying fashion, mark a condition to choose an additional option, even on a miss.

❑ Wish I could be: When you comfort or support someone, if you tell them what you most envy about them, you can roll + Freak instead of + Mundane.

❑ Be the Monster:
When you frighten, intimidate, or cow others with your monstrous form, roll + Freak. On a hit, they are thrown off and make themselves vulnerable to you, or they flee. On a 10+, choose one. On a 7-9, choose two.
- You frighten others you had not intended to scare
- You hurt someone or break something you shouldn’t have
- You feel like more of a monster afterward; mark a condition (GM’s choice)

Moment of Truth:
It’s so easy to forget that you’re not your body, and you’re not the voice in your head—you’re both. Be the monster, and save them anyway. Smash down walls, and speak softly. Because when you embrace it, you can do anything. Of course, putting on a display like this is sure to rile up those who see only the monster when they look at you…

Team Moves:
When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, clear one condition if they treat you like a perfectly normal person and mark potential if they praise your power or abilities.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, ask them if they think you’re losing or gaining humanity. If they say losing, mark a condition and mark potential. If they say gaining, clear a condition and shift Mundane up and any other Label down.

When our team first came together...
We drew attention and ire from plenty during the fight. One important person in particular now hates and fears us. Who is it?

Relationships:
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ comforted you when you were at your lowest.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ knew you before you changed.

Influence:
You try not to care what other people think, even if you can’t shut everyone out. Give Influence to one teammate.

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jan 10, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Heliotrope posted:

Wraith, the Transformed:

How did Diego manage to gain protection from the Spiders after what he did?

The only reason why Diego isn't lying in a pool of his own blood in some ditch somewhere... is because he sold out his own brother.

I never liked Diego. He was always a try hard shitheel who thought he was bigger than he actually was. He'd do anything to weasel his way out of a situation, and that includes giving up his own blood. I found out, much later, that his older brother, Jaime, works for the Spiders, and Diego got that weird drink from him. His brother had been secretly taking things from the Spiders, and selling them to the Helldrakes. Or at least, he was, until Diego ratted him out. I've got no idea what happened to his older brother, but Diego's now doing the work his brother used to do, acting as one of their runners, whether he likes it or not.

quote:

There are rumors floating around about people with powers, even if people don't know exactly what's going on. What's the rumor about you?

There's rumors going around the neighborhood about the Night Wraith; A terrifying, undead creature that came back from the dead to get revenge on all those who wronged it, with eyes, as black as the darkest night, sickly purple skin, and claws that are sharper than knives. They say it comes out during the dead of night, hunting for it's next prey, and if it catches you, it will suck the very soul away from your body, until you're nothing but an empty husk. Once it locks it's empty, soulless eyes on you, there is no escape. All those that are seen by it are marked, and it won't stop chasing you, not until it's claimed your very soul. If it sees you... then all you can do is pray to God for a quick, merciful death.

...Or that's what they say. It doesn't take a genius to know that they're talking about me. They're right about the eyes, claws, and skin part, but I'll be damned if I know where the rest came from. It's bad enough that my appearance causes folks to freak out, but now everybody in the neighborhood thinks I'm some sorta soul-sucking monster now, too. Great. Like my life wasn't hard enough already.

quote:

You've heard a little about Isabella - what's she doing for the Spiders now?

I heard about it from the old man. He was using his connections to find out whatever he can about Isabella, and according to him, he heard that they've got Isabella working on some new drug, and it's got something to do with the weird drink I had before I "died." If that's true, then that just makes me even more confused. My sister's as straight-laced as they come, so the thought that she's doing something like this, and the fact that she's doing it on her own free will is... it's a little hard to believe. What the hell happened to her while I was gone?

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

When our team first came together…

quote:

We drew attention and ire from plenty during the fight. One important person in particular now hates and fears us. Who is it?

What a goddamn mess.

A coupla people from the Russian Mob marched their way to town, wanting to settle a score with the Helldrakes, and apparently that means burning down one of their buildings. It didn't take long for all hell to break loose, and soon enough it turned into a four-way clusterfuck with the Russians, Helldrakes, the fire, and us in the middle of it all. We were fighting both gangs, and the fire, at the same time, and lemme tell ya, it wasn't easy. We fought them off, and got folks out of the building, but we couldn't stop the fire in time, and the whole place ended up burning down.

We did what we could, but that's apparently not enough for some people. There are some out there that think that all we did was made things worse, and one of those folks is Nelson Ironside, one of the few clean cops in the city. He blames us for the fire, says we escalated the situation, and put countless innocent lives in danger. He says we're about as bad as the Spiders and the Helldrakes. Maybe if he took his head out of his rear end for a few seconds, he'd see we were trying to help, but whatever. Not like I care about what some drat cop thinks about us.

Relationships

quote:

Lucky Star comforted you when you were at your lowest.

The others, they can't understand what I'm going through. They're not a freak, like me. They don't have to worry about being treated like some sorta monster. But Lucky, she tried. She tried to understand. Didn't matter how much I tried to shut her out, she still kept trying, and I... just gave in. I told her about all my worries, and my sister, and all the other poo poo I was going through. I don't even know why. Maybe I just really needed someone to talk to, and she was the only one who was willing to listen. She still couldn't understand, but taking with her... helped. Made me feel a little less... numb.

quote:

Prototype knew you before you changed.

I sure as hell never expected to run into Mae while I was at Mr. Fujimoto's garage. I knew her from school- back when I actually bothered to go, anyways. We hung out a few times, and she was cool. Never expected to see her again after my change, and I especially never expected her to show up in a suit of power armor. Where the hell did she get something like that from?

Influence

quote:

You try not to care what other people think, even if you can’t shut everyone out. Give Influence to one teammate.

Giving it to Lucky Star.