Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

TeaJay posted:

I'm also gonna echo that the intermission music choices have been superb this year.

Is there a Spotify/Youtube playlist that they've put together or something? Because I really want one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Also how are they capturing all these old analog-output-only consoles? I feel like that NO SIGNAL or whatever screen comes up quite often on SNES stuff.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

The bald dude constantly dancing in his seat to the music on the intermission camera is the hero of this AGDQ for me.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

I don't think I've ever watched a Prey speedrun and so far I'm pretty bored. Do Prey runs get more exciting? Might go do something else for the next hour and a half if not.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Isn't the Divinity Original Sin run like.... waaaay late at this point? Or did that get cancelled and this is filler?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Casu Marzu posted:

I have no idea what's going on in this game at all

Run suffers for not having couch commentary for people who haven't really played a ton of this game. But the runner's not really at fault for that I guess, they're doing a good job of making sure there's not dead air at least.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

He's feeling the stress now at this point. I feel sorry for the guy.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Oh man, now he's noping out.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

homphgomph posted:

Ah poor guy, dude was clearly nervous and from the sound of it he was supposed to have a guy on the couch.

They really should make it a policy that you can't run without at least one butt on the couch, even if it has to be GDQ staff or a volunteer. The pressure is just too great on one person to not only entertain a roomful of live viewers with a speedrun AND good commentary, but also 125k+ people around the world.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

SoftNum posted:

Can someone recap? I had this paused for something else...

His whole run required him carrying two barrels through the entire game (that had some kind of explosive death inside them), using them and then somehow getting them back via glitches. He ran into a fight where the explosive death didn't kill all the NPCs it should have, so he tried to quicksave/load over and over to get that NPC to clip into the radius of the death cloud, and in doing so he overwrote the save containing something critical that allowed him to use the barrels in the first place. So after 18-ish minutes he said he'd need to restart the run, and then he just had a little mini-breakdown and took off the headset.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Raised By Birds posted:

Some people can handle it. Iceplug ran Home Alone 2 by himself just fine. There's also the flipside where you have like three mic'd up people on your couch and no one says anything. :v:

I think this was this guy's first time speedrunning -anything- at AGDQ and at the start he even mentioned just how much he's been looking forward to this. :smith:

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Seems to be some lack of clarity about whether or not the runner mercy killed the run, or if someone off-camera was basically telling him to axe it?

I admit I don't watch a ton of GDQ when it happens (this year has probably been the most I've watched) and I've never seen someone from off-camera tell the runner to end it...

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

This run owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

This is by far my favorite run of the week.