Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Who wants a throne made of ugly swords anyway?

Opening recruitment for yet another pbf of Game of Thrones, as has happened times before. Expect me to screw up combat calculations a few times, and forget to remove orders from the map, but I'm told people had fun.

We''ll be playing something farily close to the vanilla game. We'll be keeping the house-ruled extra Lannister Footman in Stoney Sept. Furthermore, because I haven't done this in a while (and I was a bit burned out after the last game), we'll be playing a shorter game. The win condition is either 6 VP, or most VP at the end of turn 7, instead of the usual 7 & 10.

Note that you will be required to stay in contact with me, and each other, via Discord. I will ask the powers that be to provide us with a channel in the Trad Game Discord, as was the case before.

Check out the first thread for my rather poor summary of the rules, if you think you might find it useful. Quick links:
Rulebook
Comprehensive summary and reference
FAQ
List of Wildling cards
Contents of Westeros decks

Opening recruitment for now, it will last at least two days, possibly a few more, depending on how much interest there is. This game cannot work with less than 6 players. AcceptableLoss is guaranteed a slot, as reigning champion, and people who weren't in the last game will be given priority (not that I expect to be overflowing with sign-ups).

The Hall of Champions:
Mikey Purp of House Tyrell - thread
GutterOwl of House Greyjoy - thread
Pththya-lyi of House Stark - thread
ETB of House Greyjoy - thread
AcceptableLoss of House Tyrell - thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Sure, I'll try this out and get owned

FACKER
Jan 2, 2005
Sure I'll join this
I'm wtfeathers on discord

Dancer
May 23, 2011

NutritiousSnack posted:

Sure, I'll try this out and get owned

Welcome :) . I forgot to mention in the OP but: new players are very much welcome. Ilike to think I am also very helpful for those who need to figure out how the game works. Some of the rules are easily missed, please feel free to bug me on discord with any questions you might have.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I will absolutely play. But definitely give the slot to somebody new if you get too many.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

The General posted:

I will absolutely play. But definitely give the slot to somebody new if you get too many.

We're up to 4 players (one signed up via Discord) after 3 days, I don't think I'm running that risk :v: .

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

I have never played this game but would love to play this game.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Where is the discord?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Ok count me in too. I've played 1/2 a game with some friends of mine so don't expect any stunning plays.

If you've got a link to the discord I'd appreciate it.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
On phone right now, but all will be arranged before long. We have the required 6; sign-ups officially close when I get to a PC in a few hours.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I'm excited to play the game of thrones, and either win or die.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Okay, I'll be busy for the next half hour or so setting up the bits and pieces, for now here's your House assignments:

FACKER of House Stark
NutritiousSnack of House Greyjoy
The General of House Baratheon
El Fideo of House Lannister
SettingSun of House Martell
bottleknight of House Tyrell

Unless I'm mistaken, we have two people who are actually experienced (FACKER and The General) and the RNG was gracious enough to place them next to each other. This table is officially newbie-friendly :).

Discord and other bits coming up soon.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Discord invite:
https://discord.gg/ADfKWd

We have our own Game of Thrones channel for this game. Please post something in it so I get your Discord handle.
Note: I think you don't yet have the permission to post in there. @ bottleknight for it to be arranged.

Dancer fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jan 8, 2019

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Turn 1 planning phase

Everyone has 5 power tokens on hand

House cards:
House Stark:
[4] Eddard Stark: 2 Swords
[3] Robb Stark: If you win this combat, you may choose the area to which your opponent retreats. You must choose a legal area where your opponent loses the fewest units.
[2] Roose Bolton: If you lose this combat, return your entire House card discard pile into your hand (including this card).
[2] Greatjon Umber: 1 Sword
[1] Ser Rodrik Cassel: 2 Fortifications
[1] The Blackfish: You do not take casualties in this combat from House card abilities, Combat icons, or Tides of Battle cards.
[0] Catelyn Stark: If you have a Defense Order token in the embattled area, its value is doubled.

House Lannister:
[4] Tywin Lannister: If you win this combat, gain two Power tokens.
[3] Ser Gregor Clegane: 3 Swords
[2] The Hound: 2 Fortifications
[2] Ser Jaime Lannister: 1 Sword
[1] Tyrion Lannister: You may cancel your opponent's chosen House card and return it to his hand. He must choose a different House card to reveal. If he has no other House cards in his hand, he cannot use a House card this combat.
[1] Ser Kevan Lannister: If you are attacking, all of your participating Footman (including supporting Lannister footmen) add +2 combat strength instead of +1.
[0] Cersei Lannister: If you win this combat, you may remove one of your opponent's Order tokens from anywhere on the board.

House Baratheon:
[4] Stannis Baratheon: If your opponent has a higher position on the Iron Throne Influence track than you this card gains +1 combat strength.
[3] Renly Baratheon: If you win this combat, you may upgrade one of your participating Footmen (or one supporting Baratheon Footman) to a Knight.
[2] Ser Davos Seaworth: If “Stannis Baratheon” is in your discard pile, this card gains +1 combat strength and a sword icon
[2] Brienne of Tarth: 1 Sword, 1 Fortification
[1] Melisandre: 1 Sword
[1] Salladhor Saan: If you are being supported in this combat, the combat strength of all non-Baratheon Ships is reduced to 0.
[0] Patchface: After combat, you may look at your opponent's hand and discard one card of your choice.

House Greyjoy:
[4] Euron Crow's Eye: 1 Sword
[3] Victarion Greyjoy: If you are attacking, all of your participating Ships (including supporting Greyjoy Ships) add +2 to combat strength instead of +1.
[2] Theon Greyjoy: If you are defending an area that contains either a Stronghold or a Castle, this card gains +1 combat strength and a sword icon.
[2] Balon Greyjoy: The printed combat strength of your opponent's House card is reduced to 0.
[1] Asha Greyjoy: If you are not being supported in this combat, this card gains two Sword icons and one Fortification icon.
[1] Dagmar Cleftjaw: 1 Sword, 1 Fortification
[0] Aeron Damphair: You may immediately discard two Power tokens to discard Aeron Damphair and choose a different House Card from your hand (if able).

House Tyrell:
[4] Mace Tyrell: Immediately destroy one of your opponent's attacking or defending Footmen units.
[3] Ser Loras Tyrell: If you are attacking and win this combat, move the March Order token used into the conquered area to resolve again later this round.
[2] Ser Garlan Tyrell: 2 Swords
[2] Randyll Tarly: 1 Sword
[1] Alester Florent: 1 Fortification
[1] Margaery Tyrell: 1 Fortification
[0] Queen of Thorns: Immediately remove one of your opponent's Order tokens in any area adjacent to the embattled area other than the March Order token used to start this combat.

House Martell:
[4] The Red Viper: 2 Swords, 1 Fortification
[3] Areo Hotah: 1 Fortification
[2] Obara Sand: 1 Sword
[2] Darkstar: 1 Sword
[1] Nymeria Sand: If you are defending, this card gains a fortification icon. If you are attacking, this card gains a sword icon.
[1] Arianne Martell: If you are defending and lose this combat, your opponent may not move his units into the embattled area. They return to the area from which they marched. Your own units must still retreat.
[0] Doran Martell: Immediately move your opponent to the bottom of one Influence track of your choice.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
For those who think it might be useful: Here is a link to my "summary" of the rules. I'm honestly not sure if you're better off learning using that or the rulebook. There's also this video tutorial that's really good, but not comprehensive. It simply doesn't mention a bunch of the comparatively less important rules.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

El Fideo posted:

I have never played this game but would love to play this game.

Quick note before I go to sleep, and then be mostly unavailable tomorrow: El Fideo, you are the last person to have not posted in the Discord yet. Please do when you have the chance :) . And feel free to ask me any rules or basic strategy questions you might have.

Also, for everyone at the table: You may have gathered by now that I'm a fairly easy-going mod. I know life gets in the way, sometimes you need extra time for diplomacy with your fellow players, and there can be any number of other obstacles to playing quickly. Please try your best to check in at least once a day and play when it's your turn, but I accept basically any reasonable delay. And if I poke you that it's your turn, that's not me trying to rush you, that's just me working on the assumption that you're more likely to notice a Discord notifications than this thread.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
We're ready to begin! Lannister may use the raven, then we start marching. Please post your orders in this thread in bold.

Important note: When marching away from an area that isn't your home, please point out whether you intend to leave a PT behind or not. If you say nothing I'll assume you're leaving the area empty. In many situations you'll be able to rectify this after the fact, but sometimes it would change the game too much... so make sure you get it right in the first place.

Everyone has 5 power tokens on hand

House cards:
House Stark:
[3] Robb Stark: If you win this combat, you may choose the area to which your opponent retreats. You must choose a legal area where your opponent loses the fewest units.
[2] Roose Bolton: If you lose this combat, return your entire House card discard pile into your hand (including this card).
[1] The Blackfish: You do not take casualties in this combat from House card abilities, Combat icons, or Tides of Battle cards.
[0] Catelyn Stark: If you have a Defense Order token in the embattled area, its value is doubled.

House Lannister:
[1] Tyrion Lannister: You may cancel your opponent's chosen House card and return it to his hand. He must choose a different House card to reveal. If he has no other House cards in his hand, he cannot use a House card this combat.
[1] Ser Kevan Lannister: If you are attacking, all of your participating Footman (including supporting Lannister footmen) add +2 combat strength instead of +1.
[0] Cersei Lannister: If you win this combat, you may remove one of your opponent's Order tokens from anywhere on the board.

House Baratheon:
[4] Stannis Baratheon: If your opponent has a higher position on the Iron Throne Influence track than you this card gains +1 combat strength.
[3] Renly Baratheon: If you win this combat, you may upgrade one of your participating Footmen (or one supporting Baratheon Footman) to a Knight.
[2] Ser Davos Seaworth: If “Stannis Baratheon” is in your discard pile, this card gains +1 combat strength and a sword icon
[1] Salladhor Saan: If you are being supported in this combat, the combat strength of all non-Baratheon Ships is reduced to 0.
[0] Patchface: After combat, you may look at your opponent's hand and discard one card of your choice.

House Greyjoy:
[3] Victarion Greyjoy: If you are attacking, all of your participating Ships (including supporting Greyjoy Ships) add +2 to combat strength instead of +1.
[2] Theon Greyjoy: If you are defending an area that contains either a Stronghold or a Castle, this card gains +1 combat strength and a sword icon.
[2] Balon Greyjoy: The printed combat strength of your opponent's House card is reduced to 0.
[1] Asha Greyjoy: If you are not being supported in this combat, this card gains two Sword icons and one Fortification icon.
[0] Aeron Damphair: You may immediately discard two Power tokens to discard Aeron Damphair and choose a different House Card from your hand (if able).

House Tyrell:
[4] Mace Tyrell: Immediately destroy one of your opponent's attacking or defending Footmen units.
[3] Ser Loras Tyrell: If you are attacking and win this combat, move the March Order token used into the conquered area to resolve again later this round.
[0] Queen of Thorns: Immediately remove one of your opponent's Order tokens in any area adjacent to the embattled area other than the March Order token used to start this combat.

House Martell:
[1] Nymeria Sand: If you are defending, this card gains a fortification icon. If you are attacking, this card gains a sword icon.
[1] Arianne Martell: If you are defending and lose this combat, your opponent may not move his units into the embattled area. They return to the area from which they marched. Your own units must still retreat.
[0] Doran Martell: Immediately move your opponent to the bottom of one Influence track of your choice.

Dancer fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jan 9, 2019

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I will elect not to use my raven.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Dragonstone Knight to Crackclaw Point.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

The footmen in Stoney Sept split off for Harrenhal and Riverrun, leaving a token behind.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

El Fideo posted:

I will elect not to use my raven.

Note: I talked to El Fideo and he peeked at the Wildlings card, and decided to move it to the bottom of the stack.

FACKER
Jan 2, 2005
Move from White Harbor to Moat Cailin, leave PT behind.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Ship from Sea of Dhorne to East Summer Sea

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Move footman from Pyke to Flint's Finger and Knight to Seagard

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

crap sorry

Redwyne marches to West Summer Sea.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Map update. Baratheon to play.

Power tokens:
Baratheon - 5
Greyjoy - 5
Tyrell - 5
Martell - 5
Stark - 4
Lannister - 4

House cards:
House Stark:

House Lannister:

House Baratheon:

House Greyjoy:

House Tyrell:

House Martell:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Shipsbreaker Bay 1 boat to Black Water Bay

FACKER
Jan 2, 2005
Boat from Shivering Sea to The Narrow Sea

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Knight to the reach and footman to Oldtown.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Marches are over. Moving on to CP.
New power tokens:
Greyjoy - 7
Tyrell - 7
Martell - 6
Baratheon - 5
Stark - 4
Lannister - 4

Lannister, then Stark, then Martell may choose to earn PT or muster with their CP*

House cards:
House Stark:

House Lannister:

House Baratheon:

House Greyjoy:

House Tyrell:

House Martell:

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Muster, add a horseguy to Lannisport.

FACKER
Jan 2, 2005
Muster boat in port and in shivering sea.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Muster Footman in Sunspear and boat in Sea of Dorne

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Turn 1 is complete

Westeros cards for turn 2:
Mustering
Game of Thrones: Gain power tokens. 1 token for each power icon in controlled areas, and also for each controlled harbor with at least one ship present, with no enemy ships in adjacent areas.
Put to the Sword: Holder of the Valyrian Steel Blade chooses Rains of Autumn (no +1 March), Storm of Swords (no Defence), or no effect.

Everyone gets to muster, in turn order.

PT on hand:
Greyjoy - 7
Tyrell - 7
Martell - 6
Baratheon - 5
Stark - 4
Lannister - 4

House cards:
House Stark:

House Lannister:

House Baratheon:

House Greyjoy:

House Tyrell:

House Martell:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Dragonstone 1 port boat 1 Shipbreaker Bay boat, Crackclaw Point Footman, regrets not taking Storms End.

Edit: Fixed some order issues.

The General fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Jan 11, 2019

FACKER
Jan 2, 2005
Boat in Bay of ice, footman in Winter fell
Footman in white harbor
Knight in moat Cailin (see below)

E: FM upgrades to Knight in Moat Cailin

FACKER fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jan 11, 2019

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Boat in Sunspear port
Boat in East Summer Sea

Edit: Probably shouldn't let me 2nd option go to waste.
Double edit: Received some helpful advice so I changed my muster.

SettingSun fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jan 11, 2019

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

A boat in The Golden Sound, a boat in the Lannisport...port, a footman in Harrenhal, a footman in Riverrun, and the footman in Lannisport upgraded to horseman.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Mustering on Seagard: Knight, Mustering Flint's Finger Upgrade Footman to a Knight, Mustering Pyke: Footman on Pyke and Ship on Ironman's Bay

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jan 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Mustering a footman in the Reach, a footman in Oldtown, a boat in Oldtown harbor, and two footmen in Highgarden.

George Kansas fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jan 12, 2019