Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who was YOUR Champion for all of 2018?
This poll is closed.
:human being: AJ Styles (WWE Champion) 3 2.42%
:alexa: Alexa Bliss (Raw Women's Champion) 2 1.61%
Asuka (Smackdown Women's Champion) 1 0.81%
:clint: Becky Lynch (Smackdown Women's Champion) 39 31.45%
:meowth: Carmella (Smackdown Women's Champion) 1 0.81%
Chuck Taylor (PWG World Champion) 11 8.87%
:drat: Daisuke Sasaki (KO-D Openweight Champion) 1 0.81%
Daniel Bryan (WWE Champion) 2 1.61%
:yeshaha: Danshoku Dino (KO-D Openweight Champion) 0 0%
:lsd: Johnny Impact (Impact World Champion) 0 0%
:laugh: Kagetsu (World of Stardom Champion) 1 0.81%
:baby: Kaito Kiyomiya (GHC Heavyweight Champion) 0 0%
:homebrew: Kazuchika Okada (IWGP Heavyweight Champion) 42 33.87%
:love: Kento Miyahara (Triple Crown Heavyweight Champion) 0 0%
:worship: Keith Lee (PWG Champion) 0 0%
:rory: Kenny Omega (IWGP Heavyweight Champion) 17 13.71%
:krad: Meiko Satomura (KO-D Openweight Champion) 1 0.81%
:boom: Miyu Yamashita (TOKYO Princess of Princess Champion) 0 0%
:riker: PAC (Open the Dream Gate Champion) 0 0%
:miedo: Pentagon Jr (Impact Global & Lucha Underground Champion) 0 0%
:mufasa: Roman Reigns (WWE Universal Champion) 1 0.81%
:corrupt: Ronda Rousey (Raw Women's Champion) 1 0.81%
:btroll: WALTER (PWG Champion) 0 0%
Zeus (Triple Crown Heavyweight Champion) 0 0%
2018 Sucked (None of the Above) 1 0.81%
Total: 124 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It's crazy how close this is, right now Okada holds the lead but it is only by two votes. Coincidentally, there are also still two days to vote!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Voted for Okada a few days back but I would be incredibly cool with Okada and Becky ending up in a tie and thus (the first-ever?) co-wrestlers of the year. Kinda wish I'd saved my vote until the very last minute now

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

extradite THIS! posted:

Voted for Okada a few days back but I would be incredibly cool with Okada and Becky ending up in a tie and thus (the first-ever?) co-wrestlers of the year. Kinda wish I'd saved my vote until the very last minute now

It happened with Morishima and Edge.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yep, Morishima and Edge did it in 2007.

However, if Becky were to win she would be the first main roster woman to win it (Bayley won in 2015 as NXT Women's Champion, which was only included in the final year poll because there was space to include it). However, if Okada wins he will match CM Punk's three Champ of the Year wins.

What I'm saying is the options are pretty cool, and with basically a day left to vote Okada's lead is still small enough that any of the three options are still possible, or even a late run from Omega fans could put things in doubt.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Voted for the beefiest of boys, Daisuke, because he's the champion of my heart even though Okada is probably going to win this thing.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

You must always vote for the champion of your hart

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Suplex Liberace posted:

You must always vote for the champion of your hart

But Chuck Taylor is only on so many polls.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Time is running out to get your votes in, and currently only three votes separate 1st and 2nd place!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kazuchika Okada's magnificent 2018 could not be denied, despite Becky Lynch's explosive (and well deserved) burst in popularity at the end of the year which helped break WWE's drought in the monthly polls. In the end it was incredibly close, with only three votes in it, but Okada once again returns to the winner's circle as the Champion of the Year for a record-tying third time. He now passes AJ Styles and matches CM Punk, and given his relative youth and the continuing quality of his performances in-ring and as a character it seems likely he will be back again a fourth, fifth of even more time. We get to sit back and enjoy watching it all, and for that I at least am extremely grateful.

Previous winners, click the picture for poll results (where available) for that month.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Jan 12, 2019

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Becky is the man, but Okada is the god. Greatest title reign since Misawa and the clear Champion of the Year.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'm going to post "haha bayley won this"

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

same, cavauro

:same:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bayley was loving amazing in 2015 :sigh:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Bayley finished fourth in the Most Charismatic voting in the 2015 WONs, which I have a hard time trying to explain in hindsight other than "you had to be there"

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

The only two things about her title reign that I remember is her poison rana-ing Sasha off the top rope to win the belt and getting choked the gently caress out to lose the belt.

Not that Bayley wasn't over as gently caress in NXT, but, man, her title reign is one of the biggest blanks I have from a time when I actually gave a poo poo about any WWE product.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

NXT 2015 was so beloved that the booker making Bill DeMott his hand-picked trainer and defending Hulk Hogan were immediately ignored, plus at the time there was a massive complex from NXT fans here about developmental not being considered a real brand.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Instead of praising or complaining about the winner, I'm going to give some props where it's due to an underappreciated source and say I'm really happy/happily surprised Chuck Taylor got 4th place :unsmith: 2018 wasn't all bad

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Instead of praising or complaining about the winner, I'm going to give some props where it's due to an underappreciated source and say I'm really happy/happily surprised Chuck Taylor got 4th place :unsmith: 2018 wasn't all bad

Hopefully we get a chance to vote Deathmatch Dustin for 2019 champ of the year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The Cameo posted:

The only two things about her title reign that I remember is her poison rana-ing Sasha off the top rope to win the belt and getting choked the gently caress out to lose the belt.

Not that Bayley wasn't over as gently caress in NXT, but, man, her title reign is one of the biggest blanks I have from a time when I actually gave a poo poo about any WWE product.

She had basically the first version of the one good match you can do with Nia: Constantly wearing her down with a submission while she stands there like like a tree to be felled and occasionally throws the babyface off. It's what Asuka did with her, it's basically what Ronda did. It works because Nia doesn't have to do much.

She also had a really good Iron Woman match with Sasha, and a bunch of good matches with Asuka. Plus that brief period where they made people think Eva Marie was going to get pushed over Bayley and they hosed with the crowd by throwing all the smoke and mirrors in and still had Bayley win. (That one is particularly amazing because it shows them understanding Bayley's appeal in a way that's never been done on the main roster, which implies the same old same old Vince/Dunn bias)

Also, yay Baloonmaker! The Man Who Makes It Rain Balloons!