Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
At least NYD was great and I got to see my favorites that aren't golden lovers (taguchi and taichi) look great. Taguchi and Yano are great together and I can see God + Ishimori vs Yano and taguchi japan being fantastic.

Also they need to at least once do the rain maker camera shot but for Taichi whipping off his trousers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I thought Naito's positioning was pretty weak all year but the Jericho feud really put him back in the forefront.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i predict naito in the iwgp title picture post g1. i dont know about wrestle kingdom but possibly wins it at kopw.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

New Japan is good because it's good. That it is also popular is good reason for it to continue on the path its taking.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Naito not being as popular is an insane take because at the dome LIJ stuff was probably the most merch I saw people wearing, and man the crowd was super hot for his match.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

remusclaw posted:

New Japan is good because it's good. That it is also popular is good reason for it to continue on the path its taking.

In general I agree but that doesn't mean its popularity should be used to shut down any mild criticism.

The_Rob posted:

Naito not being as popular is an insane take because at the dome LIJ stuff was probably the most merch I saw people wearing, and man the crowd was super hot for his match.

He's not as popular because he was starting from an incredibly high place. And I mean there wasn't a Naito chant that went longer than 5 seconds when they'd be going on for minutes last year.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Based on crowd reaction Taichi seems like the second hottest heel in the promotion right now so it seems right to have him against Naito and they work alright with each other.

But Kenny not appearing at all at NYD does seem to indicate he's probably not re-signing, yeah?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Le Saboteur posted:

Based on crowd reaction Taichi seems like the second hottest heel in the promotion right now so it seems right to have him against Naito and they work alright with each other.

But Kenny not appearing at all at NYD does seem to indicate he's probably not re-signing, yeah?

Taichi should beat Naito for real.

And I think the opposite. I think they would have done a proper send off if he were leaving.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

And I think the opposite. I think they would have done a proper send off if he were leaving.

Yeah, they would've maybe had him team with Chase and Yujiro, only for Bullet Club to beat him down like he did to AJ.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

If the storyline as I read it is Naito needs to come to respect the prestige of the Intercontinental Title in 2019 that seems to be the right way to go to make him fight for it.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Le Saboteur posted:

If the storyline as I read it is Naito needs to come to respect the prestige of the Intercontinental Title in 2019 that seems to be the right way to go to make him fight for it.

Just have Taichi kabong him out of nowhere all year. Then at the dome have naito kabong taichi while he's whipping off his trousers. Hire me gedo.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Le Saboteur posted:

I think it's all just up in the air right now and nobody really knows anything about where Kenny's going or what NJPW's relationship with AEW will be, so to be safe, they just kept the Elite and Kenny off of NYD while they figure all of this poo poo out.

If anything, the fact that Tanahashi didn't kick out of the One Winged Angel kind of indicates to me he's not done yet.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jan 7, 2019

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Ospreay also quite pointedly never took the Kamigoye, he always dodged at the last second.

Cody and the Bucks did get more definitive ends (Juice hitting Cody with two Pulp Frictions when he clearly had him beat with the first was obviously to make it clear the feud, and maybe Cody are done).

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jan 7, 2019

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Welp here we go

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/1082105491776360448

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

kenny omegle is debuting in the royal rumble

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

WWE clinched him by telling him they'd let him play video games.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Now it is real Switchblade hours

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

kennyyyyyyyyyyyyy

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Guessing AEW here, but I’ve been wrong. Regularly.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

If he's gone, they need to release it before the pending press conference.

(Please do AEW, kennyyyyyyyyyyy)

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

blast0rama posted:

Guessing AEW here, but I’ve been wrong. Regularly.

AEW is in all likelihood going to have a cross deal with New Japan though so it would be weird to say he's leaving New Japan but its always possible.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

I imagine the announcement coming two days before the rally says a lot about where he might be on Tuesday.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

The Cameo posted:

I imagine the announcement coming two days before the rally says a lot about where he might be on Tuesday.

SmackDown?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’m gonna guess NJPW tries to play it easy through the MSG show then tells ROH to gently caress off

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Well, he’ll be near Smackdown.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

The Cameo posted:

Whats Benny O'Meagre doing in the impact zone!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Le Saboteur posted:

AEW is in all likelihood going to have a cross deal with New Japan though so it would be weird to say he's leaving New Japan but its always possible.

In the article he says he can't be there under Tanahashi, so he could have a good few months off and then come back later this year if he's in AEW...

..or he'll be my entrant for the Rumble. One of the two, please pick the first. :ohdear:

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jackie D posted:

SmackDown?

Oh God what if this turns into "Kenny Omega makes his decision live this Tuesday" and then Kenny walks with 5,000 fans over to SmackDown, turns around and says "I STAND WITH ELITE" and everyone goes nuts

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:woop:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
His quote screams part of a storyline and I feel like he put out the same kind of quote after WK 11.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Osaka getting Ishimori/Taguchi and Knife Pervert/Ace

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Press conference is on and there's the NB Osaka card

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/1082110563650494464

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

His quote screams part of a storyline and I feel like he put out the same kind of quote after WK 11.

Was that when he talked up wanting to face AJ at Wrestlemania?

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

if we are getting worked I will be very happy

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

YourHumbleMessiah posted:

if we are getting worked I will be very happy

:yeah:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Could be WWE. Could be doing the Ibushi thing and going freelance, thus making it easier for NJPW and AEW both, because the former doesn't have to worry about ROH getting pissy (at least in any kind of contractual way) because "well, we can't control who he takes bookings with when we're not using him, he's independent". Could be an angle where he does a run-in on White or Naito or Tana before declaring he's in the NJC.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hey, who wants to help me feed my own body into this wheat thresher.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Was that when he talked up wanting to face AJ at Wrestlemania?

I believe he said something about how he needed time away to go find himself or prove something.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/1082113206133223425

I .... I'm gonna miss him :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

KUSHIDA is gone after the 31st!