Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I'm laying in bed enumerating every gently caress up and cringe thing I've ever done

Yes I'm including this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Methanar posted:

I'm enumerating every gently caress up and cringe thing I've ever done

That could take weeks, lol.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I'm looking through my text history and seeing all the numbers that were last used in 2014.

I have the stupid idea to say hi to them. I won't. Not that there are many people there.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I'm not even tired.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Do not text people at weird o'clock unless you specifically know they'll be awake

Anyway, try not to dwell unduly on the past. Bygones be bygones etc, these are literally things that are out of your control - and anyone else's control for that matter - because they've already happened. No changing that.
Instead think about the future and what you can do to make your life and the lives of the people you care about better, even if it's just in a small way. Bake some cookies for your friends and neighbours. Call your parents. Make some art. Enjoy a local park.

Alternatively, watch some al jazeera and realise that millions of other people have lives that are infinitely worse and more deeply hosed up than yours or mine.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Well you can be relaxed to know that people have been doing this for thousands of years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY7S6EgSlCI

If you want a possible fix just cut caffeine out of the afternoon and do lots of exercise so you have to fall asleep.

Flannelette fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Jan 6, 2019

Woden
May 6, 2006

Crazy Achmed posted:

Do not text people at weird o'clock unless you specifically know they'll be awake

Anyway, try not to dwell unduly on the past. Bygones be bygones etc, these are literally things that are out of your control - and anyone else's control for that matter - because they've already happened. No changing that.
Instead think about the future and what you can do to make your life and the lives of the people you care about better, even if it's just in a small way. Bake some cookies for your friends and neighbours. Call your parents. Make some art. Enjoy a local park.

Alternatively, watch some al jazeera and realise that millions of other people have lives that are infinitely worse and more deeply hosed up than yours or mine.

If that doesn't work try a glass of milk, always gets me ready for sleepy time.

Sudbina
Mar 17, 2009
I do the same thing. It sucks.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Same, it helps sometimes to tell yourself you'll dwell on mistakes some other time when it's more convenient.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Jerk off.

CHEF!!!
Feb 22, 2001

Seconding the exercise suggestion. I think of it as burning the stress off caused by work / life in general. You'll feel much better than you would have otherwise and you'll fall asleep without a problem.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Also, blast this in your headphones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efXXPYkBNuM

TUNAFISHING 87
Dec 20, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Listen to a podcast or video with people conversationally talking. something that takes a bit of focus to listen to.

And go for a walk.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
here's a sleep tip: just close your eyes and it will come! unless you have some sort of serious underlying medical issue of course

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Mozi posted:

here's a sleep tip: just close your eyes and it will come! unless you have some sort of serious underlying medical issue of course

Yep, :rip: OP.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Work out until you are dripping with sweat, panting, and question whether you can keep going or not, shower, eat a pound of meat, watch a few episodes of TNG, and try to sleep again. :)

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

And stop putting your phone near your bed you moron.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Smoke weed, op.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Focus on your breathing, and the sound of my voice

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

bradzilla posted:

Smoke weed, op.

Cbd actually is good for sleep

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Eat weed, op.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

TUNAFISHING 87 posted:

Listen to a podcast or video with people conversationally talking. something that takes a bit of focus to listen to.

And go for a walk.

Lately I've been going to bed earlier than I need to and spent the extra time in bed listening to a podcast I like. It really helps me relax before I need to sleep.

Looking at the screen can trick your dumb monkey brain into thinking it's daylight or something, so i try to avoid doing that as much as possible.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Grevling posted:

Lately I've been going to bed earlier than I need to and spent the extra time in bed listening to a podcast I like. It really helps me relax before I need to sleep.

Looking at the screen can trick your dumb monkey brain into thinking it's daylight or something, so i try to avoid doing that as much as possible.

Joe Rogan's poo poo is pretty good. I like it when he's got Bill Burr or Joey Diaz on.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

Sleep is scary and annoying and i hate it and don't do it much op but smoking weed makes it easy hope this helps.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Scientists: please invent a machine that makes you go to sleep for the right amount of time on command it would solve many of our problems.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Whenever I have insomnia I wander around the apartment pretending to be a ghost. Put on a sheet, rattle a chain, all that stuff. Give it a try, OP.

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

I would have to agree

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Methanar posted:

I'm laying in bed enumerating every gently caress up and cringe thing I've ever done

Man I do that all day :shrug:

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I hear heroin helps people nod off.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I have food poisoning, a stomach flu or a viral infection (Er visit was inconclusive). While I can sleep, it’s for two hour increments, and I wake up with raging diarrhea. I’d rather be in your position than my own, friend.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Kuato posted:

I have food poisoning, a stomach flu or a viral infection (Er visit was inconclusive). While I can sleep, it’s for two hour increments, and I wake up with raging diarrhea. I’d rather be in your position than my own, friend.

:same: except I'm not sick at all and slept fine

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Men At Work were really good.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

did anyone say jerk it, op? works better than milk

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

just drink vodka until you pass out, works every time

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

500 good dogs posted:

did anyone say jerk it, op? works better than milk

Yeah, I was about to say. I had a real bad case of the insomnia a few months ago. Hadn't slept in three days.

Put the heat to the meat and passed out.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Give up on trying to sleep, take up a new hobby instead and use your newfound misery time for something productive. Have you considered building ships in a bottle, or editing/vandalizing Wikipedia articles?

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Also, have you considered that blue light is making you fat and a retard?

Shamino
Mar 14, 2008

I am weary of loitering about Britain. There is much we could be accomplishing! Where hast thou been, anyway?
I like to text people at all hours of the day so they think I'm some sort of monster that doesn't sleep.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Texting a veiled threat to an ex-lover always works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015