Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

2 and 5 are the best of the lot by far. Definitely gotta be Trainer 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

My vote is for Trainer 5 because her "what" expression is perfect for what we've been shown and I expect will be perfect for what we'll see.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Pugnacious Doggie posted:

We haven't been introduced to the protagonist yet.

... ha
Speaking of which, what should I name the MC? I was thinking Personage or Individual, but am open to suggestions. Here are the sprites:

Personally I'm sold on Trainer 1, he looks as dead inside as I will be by the end of this.

I'm glad so many people already went for Trainer 5 because that would have been my vote. She looks completely done already and the game hasn't even started.

As for the name... Refrigerator is probably going to be appropriate.

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Why yes, I DO have enough CON to whip my hair.

Yeah, voting Trainer 5.

And oh Arceus, why would you put yourself through this?

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
It's not too late to ask the mod team to memory-hole this whole thread and probate anyone who claims it ever existed!

Option 4 is my pick for the :shepface: face but they're all golden really.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Oh lord, here we go again. OFS opened up pandora's box with Uranium, and then shook it around with Reborn for good measure.

Explopyro
Mar 18, 2018

All aboard the pain train.

I have no preference as to trainers, so I rolled a d6 and it looks like my vote is for Trainer 1.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

:stonk:

Trainer 5 tho

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Pyroi posted:

Oh lord, here we go again. OFS opened up pandora's box with Uranium, and then shook it around with Reborn for good measure.

Well, Pandora's Box had hope in it!

...thinking about it, that hope was probably Insurgence. We're all out of good here.

Damanation
Apr 16, 2018

Congratulations!

I'll vote for trainer 5.

You should also name her Koroneis if it fits.

This is supposed to be even edgier and harder than reborn right?
I can't wait to see how deep this hole goes.

Edit: accidentally dropped a word

Damanation fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jan 7, 2019

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
'Marianette'. Such subtlety.

It is nice to see that some fangame creators don't keep themselves chained to the commercial games, but take their inspiration from the classics among the fanworks. Looking forward to another mature fangame for mature people addressing mature topics in a mature manner. Such as child sacrifices to the PokéGod, a very mature matter indeed.

Also voting for Trainer 5, by the way.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Number 3: Happy Haley who will proceed through this mess completely oblivious to the awful around her.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Give my vote to Trainer 5.

If this is truly Reborn but more in every way, I'm very worried for your sanity :ohdear:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Trainer 5 named Concern

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Name her Arceus. Let's commit blasphemy with every appearance and make all the religious rites we will no doubt witness as confusing as possible.

Explopyro
Mar 18, 2018

Black Robe posted:

Name her Arceus. Let's commit blasphemy with every appearance and make all the religious rites we will no doubt witness as confusing as possible.

This is too good not to do. Seconded.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Black Robe posted:

That's like naming every character in Final Fantasy VII "Sephiroth," I like it.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Trainer 5

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Black Robe posted:

Wasn't gonna vote originally but this is too good to pass up.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Black Robe posted:

This one.

Oblique Angle
Feb 11, 2011

God or the devil? Why not surpass them both?!
It's gotta be Trainer 5 named Arceus. That's just too good.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Black Robe posted:

:emptyquote:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Black Robe posted:

:bandwagon:

Did this thread get a namechange in the first update?

Pugnacious Doggie
Dec 18, 2018

Its Not mY AGe To Do AnY woRk,no luv No joB I Am fRee Now.

HardDiskD posted:

:bandwagon:

Did this thread get a namechange in the first update?

It did. I called it Pokemon Reborn in the title and didn't pick up on it. I'm not even an hour into the game and I've fried some brain cells.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

You should check if they let you name the protag Arceus before you continue, I could imagine that being a banned name.

TracerK
Jun 25, 2013

If it fails, I suggest we use RCS as the name. Or "RKS", "R-key-S", or however the gently caress you're supposed to pronounce it.

Oh, and throwing in yet another vote for trainer 5.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

If it fails, just try an accent over the E or U

works for millions of dudes with the name Jesus, right?

:v:

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

I think I prefer Trainer 6's :wtf: face over 5's. Doesn't seem like it'll make a difference at this point, but I want to put my vote out there anyway. I feel like naming them Arceus will get old a lot faster than people seem to think it will, but I can't really come up with anything better.

Also, didn't the people who made this think Reborn wasn't hard enough or something? Godspeed you poor bastard.

Edit: vvSure, why not. I don't know the meaning behind it (If there even is one), but Suecra sounds fine.

Arkanian fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jan 8, 2019

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Arkanian posted:

I think I prefer Trainer 6's :wtf: face over 5's. Doesn't seem like it'll make a difference at this point, but I want to put my vote out there anyway. I feel like naming them Arceus will get old a lot faster than people seem to think it will, but I can't really come up with anything better.

Also, didn't the people who made this think Reborn wasn't hard enough or something? Godspeed you poor bastard.

Well, there's always Suecra.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Arkanian posted:

Edit: vvSure, why not. I don't know the meaning behind it (If there even is one), but Suecra sounds fine.
It's Arceus spelled backwards.

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

Commander Keene posted:

It's Arceus spelled backwards.

Oh. Right.

...I suppose an alternative would be Enoby if we wanted to match the reasoning for Reborn's protagonist, but I'm not sure I particularly like that. Suecra seems serviceable enough.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Another one for the Trainer 5 named Arceus or the closest allowed equivalent :bandwagon:.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

someone's gotta edit :stonk: onto the trainer we pick, it'll only be appropriate

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Black Robe posted:

Nthing this.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Black Robe posted:

I appreciate that people who make Pokemon fangames seem to have a group think that human sacrifice and worshiping and god who is so lame that I beat him up and forced him into existing in a ball that is forever digitally stored away is "good"

Also yeah name it Arceus

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

AlphaKretin posted:

Another one for the Trainer 5 named Arceus or the closest allowed equivalent :bandwagon:.

Nthing this.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Black Robe posted:

Yeah I had no opinion on the name, but this is too good to pass up.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I'm a sadist so I looked up the TVTropes page for this "game" and it's just as equally trash tier as Reborn but with slightly less characters and more bullshit unfair-one-cheese-strat-only gameplay that punishes the player for thinking outside the box that the developer intended.

The end.

No moral.

Pugnacious Doggie
Dec 18, 2018

Its Not mY AGe To Do AnY woRk,no luv No joB I Am fRee Now.

Gridlocked posted:

slightly less characters

Good.

Gridlocked posted:

more bullshit unfair-one-cheese-strat-only gameplay that punishes the player for thinking outside the box that the developer intended.

:smithicide:

Also at this point I think we've decisively voted for the MC, we probably don't need any more votes unless you come up with something super special.

Pugnacious Doggie fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Jan 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Gridlocked posted:

I'm a sadist so I looked up the TVTropes page for this "game" and it's just as equally trash tier as Reborn but with slightly less characters and more bullshit unfair-one-cheese-strat-only gameplay that punishes the player for thinking outside the box that the developer intended.

The TVTropes pages for those two are hilarious because they were written by the kind of lovely edgelords that actually enjoy these games so any moment of praise (and there's a lot of them) is clearly not something that should be praised and deserves contempt instead.