Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Casting a vote for Robin Hoot because why not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Pugnacious Doggie posted:

Ok. Maybe it was for the best. I'm kind of glad that everyone vetoed it because not only does it stop the inevitable birth of monstrosities but it also saves me the five minutes of programming them in I guess. Firegg is no longer an option. He was too pure for this world. Sorry Quartz fans. :(

Do mod the game to alleviate grinding if you need to, though. You may be playing on its terms but that's no excuse for it to drain time by forcing you to train for levels.

Also sure Rowlet named Robin Hoot.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

AweStriker posted:

Do mod the game to alleviate grinding if you need to, though. You may be playing on its terms but that's no excuse for it to drain time by forcing you to train for levels.

Yeah, that's acceptable. My complaint was doing stuff that deviates from the game's intended...mood. Since we don't know about this personally (and at least I don't ever intend to), adding stuff to it will only make for confusing updates since we have no real way to discern whether something is from Rejuvenation or not, ultimately making it a bad way to show it.

But don't suffer more than you absolutely must (I'm sure that's enough suffering already), do cheat for levels or Rare Candies...with care, because of that stupid level cap. That's such a terrible way to discourage grinding, poo poo, I hate it.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Blaze Dragon posted:

My complaint was doing stuff that deviates from the game's intended...mood.
"No fun, suffering only, Pokemon Rejuvenation."

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Seconding the vote for Piplup, because penguins are awesome.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I'm on this ride too so I might as well throw in a vote for good borb Rowlet, named Robin Hoot regardless of gender.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Since people seem to want Robin Hoot over Owlfred or Owlivia and I want Rowlet to win regardless: changing my vote to Rowlet named Robin Hoot

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Leraika posted:

Since people seem to want Robin Hoot over Owlfred or Owlivia and I want Rowlet to win regardless: changing my vote to Rowlet named Robin Hoot

Likewise. The name is whatever, just give me borb.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Another for the :bandwagon:

Robin 'Birb' Hoot

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
:sigh:

I don't derive any particular joy from the LPer playing a bad fangame "purely", but I'm obviously in the minority.

I guess Borb is fine.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
IMO modding to get around grinding & stupidly tough fights is fine; it's stuffing the game with dumb goon in-joke mons that I don't want to see.

Pugnacious Doggie
Dec 18, 2018

Its Not mY AGe To Do AnY woRk,no luv No joB I Am fRee Now.
It's fine, really. I was trying to come up with a way of engaging the audience beyond just nicknaming and team composition, albeit without putting much thought into it. Kind of like fangames. The dumb *insert meme* Pokemon would be novel for all the time of a week before we would get sick of them and hate ourselves even more. I also completely forgot that there are viewers who haven't played every Pokemon game, and having every canon Pokemon mixed with goon-created mons probably wasn't the best idea. It would somehow make Rejuvenation even less incoherent.

I'm genuinely surprised to see that no-one is voting for the pre-fourth gen starters, which are generally more popular. It's nice to see some love for Popplio and Rowlet.

Pugnacious Doggie fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jan 15, 2019

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Revolver Oshawott.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Haifisch posted:

IMO modding to get around grinding & stupidly tough fights is fine; it's stuffing the game with dumb goon in-joke mons that I don't want to see.

Precisely. I fully encourage PD to hack in as many rare candies, etc. as needed to get through the game with a minimum of fuss and grinding. If I wanted a redux of Quartz I'd just go re-read the lp archive version.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I'm genuinely surprised to see that no-one is voting for the pre-fourth gen starters, which are generally more popular.

For me, it's both that I do love the wrestlecat but also I've just seen the older ones around more. I know Charizard is good, but I've seen and used a billion of them. I've played a decent number of pokemon fangames too and most of them cut off well before Gen 6 and 7.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

oh is that for your starter, not something to mod in?

Litten named the Nyandertaker

Kyrosiris posted:

Precisely. I fully encourage PD to hack in as many rare candies, etc. as needed to get through the game with a minimum of fuss and grinding. If I wanted a redux of Quartz I'd just go re-read the lp archive version.
Yeah, we are here to gawk at Rejuvenation.

Pugnacious Doggie
Dec 18, 2018

OK, no modding, I swear. You've made it pretty clear. That sadly means that I have to remove Corint from the game's programming.

I don't hold it against any of you. I understand, I really do. He was too good for this game anyway.

That's two confirmed deaths.

Pugnacious Doggie fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jan 16, 2019

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I'm genuinely surprised to see that no-one is voting for the pre-fourth gen starters, which are generally more popular. It's nice to see some love for Popplio and Rowlet.
For me, Gen 4 is the last time I actually played and beat a Pokemon game (Platinum), so I know the previous gen starters well enough. I have decreasing exposure to Pokemon from later generations, so those are a bit more interesting to me personally, and I know next to nothing about Gen 7 (mostly just that it's Poke-Hawaii, complete with a sandcastle Pokemon and... whatever Pyukumuku is supposed to be, also Mimikyu). And Rowlet is one of the more interesting type combinations for starters - IIRC it grows up to be a Grass/Ghost, not Grass/Flying like you'd expect.

Pugnacious Doggie
Dec 18, 2018

I think that Rowlet is the winner. If you desperately want something else Popplio is the only on who stands a chance

Lyumia
Nov 7, 2018

Glutton for Punishment

I hope the voting is still open because I'd love a popplio named primadonna.

It's fine, really. I was trying to come up with a way of engaging the audience beyond just nicknaming and team composition, albeit without putting much thought into it. Kind of like fangames. The dumb *insert meme* Pokemon would be novel for all the time of a week before we would get sick of them and hate ourselves even more. I also completely forgot that there are viewers who haven't played every Pokemon game, and having every canon Pokemon mixed with goon-created mons probably wasn't the best idea. It would somehow make Rejuvenation even less incoherent.

Rejuvenation has a lot more story choices than Reborn, if I recall correctly. I don't know to what extent because saying reborn has choices is generous, but the main character is more involved if what I've heard is true.

Edit: I forgot to put in that because of this, there could be votes

Unfortunately I never got that far.

Oh, before I forget the shiny Gothielle is straight from Reborn, except instead of red it's pink. It's meant to be a Harley Quin thing.

Lyumia fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jan 16, 2019

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Commander Keene posted:

hatever Pyukumuku is supposed to be
Sea Cucumber.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
I'm fine with whatever thread interaction we get, if any, from the game itself. Cheat money and whatnot if you gotta, OFSheep did it to preserve his sanity at least somewhat and that's perfectly fine. I'd love to vote on story decisions if they come up.

Also, lets go Rowlet named Robin Hoot because that's perfection.

Pugnacious Doggie
Dec 18, 2018

Ritznit posted:

I'd love to vote on story decisions if they come up.

That's actually a really good idea and I wish I thought of it! Frankly I forgot the game does give decisions because i doubt they'll actually have any real effect. I'll post wild encounters as well if people want to chip in for team composition.

Pugnacious Doggie fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jan 16, 2019

DiggleWrath
Aug 30, 2018

O O
>

The tally is:

Rowlet: at least 11
...named Robin Hoot: 8
...named owlfred/owlivia: at least 1
...named Borb: 1
Popplio: 7
...named Popola: 3
...named Paggliacci: 3
...named primadonna: 1
Litten: 2
... named nyandertaker: 1
...named ramy
Oshawott:
...named Revolver Oshawott: 1
piplup: 1
... no name specified: 1
Turtwig: 2

I kinda gave up counting the amount of rowlet votes, b/c there's a lot of them, people changed their votes, and most importantly, I'm tired. If people who voted for the less popular mons want to make popplio win, now's yer time

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

I would also have accepted the Macho Nyan :v: but eh, sharphooter is also rad, I’m easy to please

Pugnacious Doggie
Dec 18, 2018

DiggleWrath posted:

The tally is:

Rowlet: at least 11
...named Robin Hoot: 8
...named owlfred/owlivia: at least 1
...named Borb: 1
Popplio: 7
...named Popola: 3
...named Paggliacci: 3
...named primadonna: 1
Litten: 2
... named nyandertaker: 1
...named ramy
Oshawott:
...named Revolver Oshawott: 1
piplup: 1
... no name specified: 1
Turtwig: 2

There were a few that you missed, but the result was the same. Looks like I'm using Rowlet!

The first gym is poison :negative:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

There were a few that you missed, but the result was the same. Looks like I'm using Rowlet!

The first gym is poison :negative:

As someone that likes choosing the Fire type starter, I feel your pain. But as someone that's here partly if not mostly for the schadenfreude, I will also enjoy it. A lot.

I hope this is more Insurgence than Reborn and actually gives you tools to take it on though.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
I think having us vote on team comp for every nook and cranny fight would get old fast, and I think you should just catch what you meet. If this game fucks with the difficulty as much as Reborn does, then please prioritize winning over any sort of fancy goon-decided strategy. However, if there is something particularly fun or story-relevant and you don't mind having us vote on stuff, I think that'd be neat.

Thread interaction is nice but I'd say don't overdo it, keep it fun and not too intrusive for actually getting through this trashfest.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I'm fine with mods, just don't cross into super fanfiction-y land

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

SSNeoman posted:

I'm fine with mods, just don't cross into super fanfiction-y land

Same. I modded the poo poo out of White Knight Chronicles when I was LPing it to help break the game over my knee and my only two guidelines were 1) to cut down on the grinding and get content out quicker and 2) to further mock the game in small, some might argue petty ways or pull cheeky trolls on folks. It's all about trusting your audience and just having fun with it.

People here in LP are willing to excuse some excesses in certain areas if it looks like you're having fun while doing it at least.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

That's actually a really good idea and I wish I thought of it! Frankly I forgot the game does give decisions because i doubt they'll actually have any real effect. I'll post wild encounters as well if people want to chip in for team composition.
If this game is going for Reborn-style difficulty, you may not have much choice? OFS seems pretty constrained in actual team choice; anything that isn't either part of the intended solution to an encounter or capable of breaking the encounter over their knee (like Shedinja in the Mewtwo fight) is pretty much dead weight. Use what gets you through the gyms with your sanity intact.

Pugnacious Doggie
Dec 18, 2018

Commander Keene posted:

If this game is going for Reborn-style difficulty, you may not have much choice? OFS seems pretty constrained in actual team choice; anything that isn't either part of the intended solution to an encounter or capable of breaking the encounter over their knee (like Shedinja in the Mewtwo fight) is pretty much dead weight. Use what gets you through the gyms with your sanity intact.

I just looked at the wild encounters. They're pretty dismal. Don't worry guys, I can get the elemental monkeys! At least the intended solution should be easy to find, because there really isn't much you can catch. :toot:

Pugnacious Doggie fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Jan 16, 2019

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I just looked at the wild encounters. They're pretty dismal. Don't worry guys, I can get the elemental monkeys! :toot:

...hurray. :geno:

Pugnacious Doggie
Dec 18, 2018

Welcome back! We pick up where we left off at the Oceana Pier. Having survived a terrorist attack and attempted kidnapping Arceus' will remains unbroken, and she is ready to take revenge against Team Xen.

Well, I just sat through that entire intro sequence, twice, and had to kill a poorly made doppelganger (whom I don't remember).

yes. :(
I'm the 1000th person to talk to this man which means...

Region!

If it means I get out of this hellhole and travel to a much better region, yes I will run away with some stranger. It's a dice roll with little to no chance of success, but one I'm willing to roll anyway. If there is even a smidgen of a chance of escaping, I'll take it.

The game tries to pose a moral dilemma, but I am very well aware that if I don't go on this cruise, I'll only be greeted by unrelenting tragedy. The difference being one might keep me awake at night knowing I could have made a difference, and the other requiring me to meet the cast of Rejuvenation. It's a no-brainer.

threatens the region blah blah free trip! Also as if she's actually my mother. :colbert: She'd abandon me too if she were in my position.

Trust me, this decision is more than justified when you're introduced to the first few characters. Call me selfish, but Arceus deserves better.

This had better not be an elaborate setup where they stab me repeatedly and then traffic my organs.

This is actually happening, I'm escaping the game.

It's sad that the rain is pervading everything.

of sea-salt caramel ice cream!
whatever lay beneath the shadows.

Don't try to guilt trip me, I couldn't give a poo poo about the region's problems. I deserve this after surviving a terrorist attack. I'm doing something for myself for once!

Good.

Thanks for joining me for my LP of Rejuvenation. It's been a wild four updates. I had a lot of fun watching cutscenes and fighting Raven and -

What the gently caress are you doing Arceus?

Pugnacious Doggie fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Apr 26, 2019

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007
Seems like you got the good ending to me :v:

Pugnacious Doggie
Dec 18, 2018

BurningCourage posted:

Seems like you got the good ending to me :v:

This is the high point, yes.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Is that... Comedy? In my MATURE Pokémon fangame?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

Is that... Comedy? In my MATURE Pokémon fangame?

Well, it’s showing far more self awareness than Reborn did. So that’s mildly encouraging...

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

If you do end up modding the game, give us some way of knowing which part was added and which part was originally there.

I spent that last update wondering whether that's actually in the game or not. It just sounds way too funny to be there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

1234567890num posted:

If you do end up modding the game, give us some way of knowing which part was added and which part was originally there.

I spent that last update wondering whether that's actually in the game or not. It just sounds way too funny to be there.

:same: