Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

If you declaw your cat you are an abusive pet owner hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Twelve Batmans posted:

All my neighbors have dogs and usually in the mornings when I'm out walking mine we'll run into each other and then our dogs get to run into each other and be happy and socialize and it looks like they're having a real great time. Basically I've never seeing a similar situation with cats. They are all sweet and friendly animals. I'm sorry you live in a ghetto and are too much of a coward to confront your neighbors.

The neighbour's idea of dealing with that is to baby-talk to the dog saying 'No barking~!' before they leave. As you can guess it doesn't help. Suburbs are worse than the ghetto sometimes.

esperterra posted:

10000%, people who think cats are no effort pets don't get it. training your cat ends up with a. a cat who behaves and b. a happy cat who loving loves you b/c you've bonded with them on a level where they're fine communicating with you

Plenty of dog owners are just as bad about this and treat them as fun toys that you can put away in the backyard when you're done.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Owning a pet is an inherently abusive act imo. unless it's like a goldfish or tarantula or something.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The neighbour's idea of dealing with that is to baby-talk to the dog saying 'No barking~!' before they leave. As you can guess it doesn't help. Suburbs are worse than the ghetto sometimes.

Plenty of dog owners are just as bad about this and treat them as fun toys that you can put away in the backyard when you're done.

Bad pet owners make me sad

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

esperterra posted:

Bad pet owners make me sad

Small Dog Syndrome is the worst when you are going over to some one house for the first time. Want to smack the dog to correct its behaviors but the little poo poo is never going to change.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
My favorite way to selectively breed cats is to shoot the ones that come into my yard.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

My favorite way to selectively breed cats is to shoot the ones that come into my yard.

Finally someone had the nuts to say it

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

So what I'm getting is the OP is just too fuckin cheap to regularly trim his cat's claws and but a scratching post.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I’m breeding seedless cats, results look promising.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Just clip your cats claws every week or so, it ain't that fuckin hard

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Colonel Cancer posted:

Owning a pet is an inherently abusive act imo. unless it's like a goldfish or tarantula or something.

idk my parents dog seems pretty content with his existence

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Basically, what I'm getting from this thread is untrained animals suck, and trained ones don't. Good job goons, we figured it out!

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Someone...plz...

:negative:

Tell me my cat is cute

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Someone...plz...

Tell me my cat is cute

all cats are cute

but mine are the cutest

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Someone...plz...

Tell me my cat is cute

it is a cute cat william

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
definitely read a short story told from the perspective of a cat whom was also an alien cannot recall details but there was some kind of plot emphasis on firelighters and i sperged hard about it way back when it stuck with me for many years after anyway this cat

looks how i imagined that cat (whom was also an alien)

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I breed clawless Watermelons.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

More cat

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

tabbies are OP

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

*breathes huge sigh of relief*

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Rate my idiot.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Rate my idiot.

Blackface cat pics taken with shaky potato camera (or nerve damage from severe Toxoplasmosis affliction keeps you from holding the camera steady?)

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
The claw on a cat isn't equivalent to the fingernail on us - it's more similar to the furthest knuckle out on your finger and everything past it, that's what gets cut off when declawing is done. It'd basically be like removing the ends of your fingers. Genetically clawless cats would probably be the same, it'd just be like being born with parts of your hands missing.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

good gently caress my hands

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
These threads (and encounters with people in real life) always bother me, when you get the people that like dogs but don't like cats. Because they're never just "Ugh, cats suck, dogs are way better", they always go psycho like "Dogs are way better, cats SHOULD ALL BE KILLED loving DISGUSTING FREAKS" It's really weird, like calm down man, cats aren't going to replace dogs, don't worry

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Miserable Maid posted:

These threads (and encounters with people in real life) always bother me, when you get the people that like dogs but don't like cats. Because they're never just "Ugh, cats suck, dogs are way better", they always go psycho like "Dogs are way better, cats SHOULD ALL BE KILLED loving DISGUSTING FREAKS" It's really weird, like calm down man, cats aren't going to replace dogs, don't worry

drat I've never met anyone who thinks this. Though I have met people afraid of one or the other for various reasons.

Personally I just think it's just funny with mess with people who get some weird identity built around the animal they own. Cats and dogs are actually both good and fine and it's especially nice when they're raised together to be friends.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

Twelve Batmans posted:

drat I've never met anyone who thinks this. Though I have met people afraid of one or the other for various reasons.

The fact that I couldn't tell you were joking says a lot. I've had people actually want to start a physical fight with me because I like cats, and people accuse me of being gay because I was single with a cat instead of a dog(even after explaining that would be cruel in a tiny apartment with no place for the dog to go outside).

Then again I'm really biased, as I live in southern California near the border, so there's this weirdly desperate macho culture around here, although it's better in recent years

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Miserable Maid posted:

Not just that but a lot of dog owners seem to think their dog will die on the spot if even one person doesn't like the thing, like for gently caress's sake

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

dogs rule cats drool also pitbulls should be eradicated

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Cyberpope v2 posted:

Cats are living animals designed to kill, not a plaything you keep in your handbag because they are cute.

Counterpoint: I can do whatever I want

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

sincx posted:

Second, tails are just as complex as fingers, if not more so, and yet humanity has bred tail-less cats that are healthy and normal in every other way.

Pretty sure tails are a lot simpler, genetically, than digits. Tails is just repeat vertebrae N times.

N = 3

N = 20

N = lots

YOURFRIEND
Feb 3, 2009

You're an asshole, Mr. Grinch
You really are a cunt
You're as cuddly as a cockring
and charming being a shitheel

FUCK YOURFRIEND!
Dogs are, as far as I can tell, kind of a creepy substitute for people who can't have/don't want children. Basically similar levels of commitment. Anyone who refers to themselves as their pets mom or dad is all the way hosed up though. The animal is an animal, no matter how badly you want to anthropomorphize it and it has a mother and father already. Weird poo poo.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

I'm ashamed to admit that I jokingly refer to my kitten as my "son" sometimes, but in my defense he thinks he is, he tries to nurse on my shirt when it's bedtime

I'm probably garbage though

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Klyith posted:

N = lots

D'awww perfect blend of lethal and fluffy

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
videos of big cats playing are great. tigers fuckin' love watermelons as toys!

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
My cat gets to go outside for an hour or so every day and he never leaves the backyard. He has no interest in doing anything but chilling in the garden or eating grass. Then he comes back in at the same time, by his own choosing. I open my kitchen door and he strolls in.

If anyone enters the yard or opens the gate he'll retreat to the house.

Does anyone else have a cool and trustworthy cat?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

yeah i've got a walled area and ijust let the cat chill in there and she comes in and out never leaving the property, she could jump the wall in a second if she felt like it

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
All I can imagine now is that episode of Monk where he runs into the inventor that creates square-shaped watermelons, which in turn reduces shipping costs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

YOURFRIEND posted:

Dogs are, as far as I can tell, kind of a creepy substitute for people who can't have/don't want children. Basically similar levels of commitment. Anyone who refers to themselves as their pets mom or dad is all the way hosed up though. The animal is an animal, no matter how badly you want to anthropomorphize it and it has a mother and father already. Weird poo poo.

I am my dog's dad and he is my son and he is way better than any human child could ever be, especially the one that made this post.