Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Dehry posted:

Admittedly it was a picture of Kasumi in a bikini in a Dreamcast magazine that got me to start playing, but DOA is pretty much my go to whenever I get in the mood to play a fighting game.

Yeah, behind all the horny advertising there is a pretty solid and entertaining fighting game.

Looking forward to playing the beta tonight, but I'm a little bummed there is no Gen-Fu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

This demo is BUGGY

I'm having frame rate drops, connections time out, freezing, crashes

Fix your game koei

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Game looks really neat from what I've seen of it but considering how they released an "Ultimate" version of 5 a year after the initial release, it gives me pause.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Jimbot posted:

Game looks really neat from what I've seen of it but considering how they released an "Ultimate" version of 5 a year after the initial release, it gives me pause.

Closer to 18 months and, well..that's fightin' games for ya.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

where are the PC specs requirements

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Smoking Crow posted:

This demo is BUGGY

I'm having frame rate drops, connections time out, freezing, crashes

Fix your game koei

https://clips.twitch.tv/SaltyKindBatWow

Panther2103
Jan 7, 2019

Big Scary Owl posted:

Nice, I'm glad they're keeping this up. Having a free version of the game this early is a nice way to get more people in. I just hope the PC version isn't hosed.

Was the DOA 5 PC version bad? I only played it on console. I was kinda looking forward to playing this one on PC, but not if it's a poo poo port.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

It didn't have some of the PS4/bone graphics enhancements and..some other stuff, I forget. KT ports are hit and miss but they've been better lately, DW9 aside, and they've said they're putting more effort into the PC version of 6 this time.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

kirbysuperstar posted:

Closer to 18 months and, well..that's fightin' games for ya.

That's true, I guess. Just shows you how many fighting games I get.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Panther2103 posted:

Was the DOA 5 PC version bad? I only played it on console. I was kinda looking forward to playing this one on PC, but not if it's a poo poo port.

I remember something about the PC version being based on the Arcade version or last gen consoles but don't remember all the details. The new one is at least going to be built with PC in mind

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
PC version was a stripped down version, missing a ton of features the PS4/XB1 version had. The only way to fight a friend was through finding them in ranked matches

Panther2103
Jan 7, 2019

Dehry posted:

I remember something about the PC version being based on the Arcade version or last gen consoles but don't remember all the details. The new one is at least going to be built with PC in mind

BattleTech posted:

PC version was a stripped down version, missing a ton of features the PS4/XB1 version had. The only way to fight a friend was through finding them in ranked matches

Ahhhh okay. Well hopefully this version is better, that doesn't sound great.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I will say this, I played about 80~ games or so and the only bad games I have had were against wifi users. Everything else very playable. Thank god the game lets you see wifi ahead of time, a 5 bar wifi connection can still be like a half second of delay where a 3 bar wired connection plays fine.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Can you hold the auto combos? I've never had any luck with it. Also, the animations and transitions seem rather buggy and abrupt, even compared to 5. They have some work ahead of them, that's for sure.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Renoistic posted:

Can you hold the auto combos? I've never had any luck with it. Also, the animations and transitions seem rather buggy and abrupt, even compared to 5. They have some work ahead of them, that's for sure.

Mashing S(the auto combo) automatically induces fatal stun which means you can only break hold(the bar counter) out of it. Also I think if you manage to land the first hit as a counterhit, then it will backturn the foe meaning you can just go for a real combo that can't be held out of as well. All auto combos seem to hit high and are fairly slow startup though.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Is there single player content? Is CPU strong?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Shy posted:

Is there single player content? Is CPU strong?

For single player there's the cinematic story mode, "DoA Quest" which is like a mission mode where you can earn money and costume parts(don't know full details), Combo challenges which is different from whatever DoA quest is, survival/time attack/arcade and the like.

As for the CPU no idea.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Evil Canadian posted:

I will say this, I played about 80~ games or so and the only bad games I have had were against wifi users. Everything else very playable. Thank god the game lets you see wifi ahead of time, a 5 bar wifi connection can still be like a half second of delay where a 3 bar wired connection plays fine.

I've played a lot of games and had the game freeze while waiting for a new round to load

Sundance Shot
Oct 24, 2010
I had that happen a lot and it was usually because my opponent rage quitted and it crashed the game.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
xCalibur Blades found some pretty sick combos using Fatal Stun resets and Break Blow cancels:
https://twitter.com/UGSXCalibur/status/1084550085885812736

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Crossplay is back on the table. Again: https://twinfinite.net/2019/01/dead-or-alive-6-cross-play/

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i loved playing online on my vita

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

https://gematsu.com/2019/01/dead-or-alive-6-hands-on-preview-and-interview-with-producer-director-yohei-shimbori

Quest mode sounds pretty neat, especially the "Hey wanna jump to the appropriate tutorial" bit.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
New gameplay videos from Gamespot and Twinfinite:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrC1EaH-x0M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQNRlD5dAQQ

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

It feels like every woman character they add to the game is cashing in on popular trends in lovely anime design. I don't even with that new blue haired lady.

That said, I forgot how slick the animations were in this series. They're really good.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Jimbot posted:

It feels like every woman character they add to the game is cashing in on popular trends in lovely anime design. I don't even with that new blue haired lady.

That said, I forgot how slick the animations were in this series. They're really good.

I think NiCO is ultra lame, and she was specifically designed to appeal to anime fans.

kirbysuperstar posted:

https://gematsu.com/2019/01/dead-or-alive-6-hands-on-preview-and-interview-with-producer-director-yohei-shimbori

Quest mode sounds pretty neat, especially the "Hey wanna jump to the appropriate tutorial" bit.

Quest mode sounds great, I'll be updating the second post character sample combos and expanding the OP with more side stuff closer to launch.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

NiCO is lame and I hate Honks but the classic cast is looking awesome.

Character customization ftw

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Nico is funny to me but Honoka is awful

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I'm not played a DOA game with Honoka in it. Is she a very uguu timid character who constantly apologizes? She looks that way. Either way, seems like outside the demon lady, all the women characters they've added look super lame that pander to the worst parts of fandom.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Honestly I'd be fine if they just stopped adding new characters since they've all sucked after 3 and just slowly add the Virtua Fighter cast.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Jimbot posted:

I'm not played a DOA game with Honoka in it. Is she a very uguu timid character who constantly apologizes? She looks that way. Either way, seems like outside the demon lady, all the women characters they've added look super lame that pander to the worst parts of fandom.

Sort of? She has kind of a nebulous and vacuous personality and is just basically a dumbass. I don’t like her at all.

Anyhow if you’re talking about Nyotengu when you say demon lady, yeah she owns super hard.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Nyotengu and Mila own

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

kirbysuperstar posted:

Nyotengu and Mila own

:hai:

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Ok Tina's new fisherman's Leviathan DDT(yes im a wrestling fan) is loving sick as hell.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

im stoked for this to the point ive hopped back into doa5 again

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Nico is the character I'm most interested in using

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Hopefully Rachel makes it back, dunking folks was fun

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
First 3 minutes of story mode got put up early, watch it while you can

Looks like a shinier version of 5's story mode.

Edit:

Raidou is 100% playable in 6

BattleTech fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jan 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEZgqbqSto8

Footage from the Taipei event. Notable change is that Tengu no longer needs air stance to do stuff. This is a huge buff her 5 version.