Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
While the PC version isn't getting a Steam preorder much like a number of Koei Tecmo properties, greenmangaming.com has a 10% preorder discount on DOA6. They did have a 25% off VIP sale but that's over now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Admittedly it was a picture of Kasumi in a bikini in a Dreamcast magazine that got me to start playing, but DOA is pretty much my go to whenever I get in the mood to play a fighting game.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/DOATEC_OFFICIAL/status/1083579139926286336

DOA6 Beta will become available at 0:00 JST January 12th, so 10AM eastern tomorrow.

Kasumi, Ayane, Hayabusa, Hayate, and Diego are playable in DOA Colosseum in a rank match.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Panther2103 posted:

Was the DOA 5 PC version bad? I only played it on console. I was kinda looking forward to playing this one on PC, but not if it's a poo poo port.

I remember something about the PC version being based on the Arcade version or last gen consoles but don't remember all the details. The new one is at least going to be built with PC in mind

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Best Buy has a $10 gift card with DOA6 preorders.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
...anyways it looks like the Best Buy $10 preorder promo got removed, so it's regular price with DLC for most customers.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/KoeiTecmoUS/status/1096546046707023872

Koei Tecmo being Koei Tecmo

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The DOA6 $10 gift card preorder seems to have returned at Best Buy

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y3vkyDVRXA

Giantbomb quick look.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I guess you could go into training mode as two payers

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Randallteal posted:

Are there no pre-order bonuses for this? Asking because I'm probably going to get it for PC since I have a PS4 but don't normally pay for Plus, but no demo means I'd rather wait a day or two to see if there are major PC version issues.

All Preorders = Nyotengu and a Costume
Digital Deluxe versions: Phase 4 and more costumes in addition

PC only has an early purchase bonus.

Green Man Gaming has the best deal on PC. 18% off (20% if you're a "VIP)

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/dead-or-alive-6-pc/

You can also get $100 PSN gift cards for $93 (7% off) and $85-86 is how much you would pay for just the Deluxe digital.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Feb 26, 2019

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

my ps4 timer is counting down to 3 am est

oh nooo

When did that happen?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The 20% off Greenmangaming code doesn't come with the Nyotengu DLC for the PC version.

They also put out a Digital Deluxe edition for $71 which includes Phase 4. It was not announced for PC at all.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The Jurassic Park inspired stage crashed almost immediately on PC. I've seen other reports of issues on that stage from others.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Kikkoman posted:

If I decide to spend $230 Canadian on the (e: PS4) deluxe bundle + the season 1 pass today, I won't get Nyo-Tengu?

no, but if you spent $230 yesterday you would have.

Having played a bit of the story now, Marie and Honoka are anime as gently caress.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Greenmangaming PC preorders now have a Nyotengu code and Kasumi costume.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 Scarlet will be released tomorrow on Switch and PS4 in Japan. All versions of the game will have English text. The main addition over Venus/Fortune is Lei Fang and some girl from the PC Gacha game.

There's some console warring over the removal of a fan item and costume damage from the PS4 version.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
What happened recently is a game called Omega Labyrinth Z (rougelike breast expansion dungeon crawler) actually got banned for sale in the UK. The issue was with a touch mode and a character that was a girl with a teddy bear. The UK based publisher's attempt to still release the game in the few European countries that hadn't banned it lead to Sony enforcing a stricter content policy. It hit DOA6 with not being able to jiggle the female character's boobs moving the controller. That's a feature in DOA5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Apparently Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 Venus Vacation (Gacha PC game) is getting a Steam Release.

https://steamdb.info/app/958260/

Clicking the download button on SteamDB actually downloads the game.