Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Coheed and Camembert posted:

Series highlights included:

[*]Extending Coldplay's Fix You from 4 minutes to 7 minutes

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Coheed and Camembert posted:

It does, however, include the most inadvertently hilarious character death sequence of all time:
https://twitter.com/immolations/status/904837732316405762

Loll

Highlights:
  • Old guy whanging his head so hard even Putin looks up from inside the tv screen
  • That goofy as gently caress look on his face at the end

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010
Brickleberry. After a while I was watching to see how far tosh has driven down the bar for comedy.

underthecube
Dec 5, 2018

General Dog posted:

Death Note is the worst series I've binged through.

OOF if we include anime in this thread.....oof

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
My wife and I had a couple's night at some friends and they made us watch the first 5 episodes of Leena Dunham's "Girls". Would not recommend.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
the only show i ever really binge watched was the first season of daredevil during a weekend of profound stomach illness. i look back on the moments spent painting the toilet bowl from both ends more fondly than the ones spent watching that show.

non-binge: i have seen every episode of 24. my dad liked it, and i like spending time with my dad. still, it’s an insanely terrible show that probably led to people being tortured to death in real life.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Blistex posted:

My wife and I had a couple's night at some friends and they made us watch the first 5 episodes of Leena Dunham's "Girls". Would not recommend.

you just hate strong independent beautiful morbidly obese potato-shaped women

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Binged five seasons of The Blacklist over the summer. I should have stopped with the episode where the main character faked her death.

Currently making my way through NCIS. I'd binge-watched it before some years ago, but I don't remember where I stopped, so I just started over from the beginning again. Halfway through the third season, so only 13.5 more seasons to go.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

underthecube posted:

OOF if we include anime in this thread.....oof

My coworkers convinced me to watch Fate: Stay Night and I will never forgive them

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Meatwolfe posted:

Sons of Anarchy. The first two seasons were fun to watch, everything after was pure poo poo.

Yeah it's this, but for some reason I still finished. The dip in quality was subtle at first which tricked me into watching til the last 2 seasons, where the shows garbage-tier status was cemented. At that point it became a hate-watch and there was something liberating about that.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
have you all considered... reading?

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

love island. there's like 50 episodes per season

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

WatermelonGun posted:

Which mangas do you recommend, senpai?

Vacation Tenzin
Jan 23, 2005

I'M TOTALLY CALM AND RELAXED.
As an Old, I have Seen A Lot of poo poo[tm], but I want the nine hours of my life that Ayashi no Ceres took from me back

supernatural blonde
Mar 15, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Rugikiki posted:

Girls is objectively the worst television ever made

I raise you Two Broke Girls.

The worst show I binge-watched in recent memory was Pretty Little Liars but it bordered on so loving bad it was sort of good.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

most recently the show on netflix where a fat teen gets thin by a hobo punching her in her fat mouth and then gay john ritter teaches her how to win at beauty pageants. and gay john ritters wife is alyssa milano.

it sounds way better than it actually was.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

The new "The Odd Couple" show with Thomas Lennon and Matthew Perry.

It is so hacky and they lean into every joke. Tom Lennon is trying at least, but Matt Perry is such a bad actor. I don't think I laughed once, but I ended up watching at least 6 or 7 episodes in a row, one after the other.

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

I regret watching every episode of Stargate Destiny hoping that it would eventually turn into it's predecessors. The first season of sg1 was also rough but I think that can be blamed on showtime.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

supernatural blonde posted:

I raise you Two Broke Girls.

Have not watched it, but I am sure that there is at least one point in the show's run that would make you laugh, chuckle, or at least nod and grin. There is none of that in Girls.

Edit: Stop watching Archer at the end of season 4 (or maybe sooner, it depends on your tolerances). By that point they're pretty much entered "Family Guy Territory" when it comes to running the same 6 jokes/gags into the ground and the characters start to become super-caricatures of themselves.

Blistex fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Jan 8, 2019

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Devils Affricate posted:

My coworkers convinced me to watch Fate: Stay Night and I will never forgive them

Lol, I enjoy that the premise of this manga/anime/game is: "Imagine the worst figures in history, like Nero. Now, imagine that they are kawaii girls that you can gently caress."

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
AHS is remarkably bad, the first season had some promise to it and good moments but god why the gently caress do I keep watching this show

it will never pay off, they are not "building" towards anything, last season where they started bringing season plotlines together was just boring, ryan murphy and brad falchuk are awful

and in that sea of garbage, Hotel stands out as a uniquely terrible season, holy poo poo was it bad. the only good thing was Denis O'Hare's character

underthecube
Dec 5, 2018

Devils Affricate posted:

It's impossible to get a good anime recommendation because the kinds of people who have watched enough anime to give you recommendations will have been numbed enough to just gloss over little details like "constant child molestation gags" and "being terrible"

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!
Dexter hands down. I first thought at least season 1 & 2 were great but there were bad signs even in the beginning. John Lithgow is the only thing making season 4 watchable. Even then his serial killer MO is very gimmicky. I wish they had the balls to make Dexter get caught in season 2 or make him kill one of the supporting characters instead of the Deus ex machina they used (Lilah).

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

WatermelonGun posted:

I read War and Peace then later tried to watch the BBC version of it. It felt like a speedrun, I turned it off 5 minutes in when Pierre starts ranting about how that whole French revolution deal doesn't sound that bad and maybe we could use a revolution here in Russia too!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Code Jockey posted:

AHS is remarkably bad, the first season had some promise to it and good moments but god why the gently caress do I keep watching this show

I sum up season 1 as 'you're a sexy ghost. No, YOU'RE a sexy ghost. No, YOU!'. Repeat for 10-12 episodes.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i watched like 5 seasons of supernatural while i was too depressed to get out of bed for a few weeks. another time that happened i watched several seasons of hawaii 5-0.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Scandal.

Every episode.

:love:

Muscadine Wine
Feb 13, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

Parks & Rec. Heard so much about how hilarious it was from others and watched the entire thing. To me it's this era's Friends in terms of comedies I just don't get the appeal of whatsoever.

I even skipped the first season because it was supposed to get good then, it didn't

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Muscadine Wine posted:

I even skipped the first season because it was supposed to get good then, it didn't

I saw the first season and a couple of episodes of the 2nd one and it just seems like a worse version of US The Office.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Elman posted:

I saw the first season and a couple of episodes of the 2nd one and it just seems like a worse version of US The Office.

Pretty much everyone that waited tables at a Dennys, iHop, or any other breakfast-oriented restaurant resented the gently caress out of the Ron Swanson character, and how idiots pretended to be him when they went to one of those establishments.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Bones.

Like it was never a SPECTACULAR show but I like a good easily-digestable mystery and some gruesome corpses. Then I guess they ran out of mysteries and corpses because then it just got fixated on which intern was loving whose daughter and how many kids each of them were going to have and who the gently caress cared.

I can't even remember when it switched over from 'okay' to 'poo poo' over so many seasons, but drat they were trying to squeeze the last few drops of blood from out of the Bones stone.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Dexter. I only managed to watch one season and I still thought it was really bad, and from what I hear it gets particularly awful later on.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

BrigadierSensible posted:

The new "The Odd Couple" show with Thomas Lennon and Matthew Perry.

It is so hacky and they lean into every joke. Tom Lennon is trying at least, but Matt Perry is such a bad actor. I don't think I laughed once, but I ended up watching at least 6 or 7 episodes in a row, one after the other.

Has Tom Lennon been in anything in the past ten years that hasn't been absolute comedy poison?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
uncharted

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

I'm trying to think of one, but usually if I don't like something I stop watching.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Hometown Slime Queen posted:

Walking Dead. The Governor arc where there's a huge standoff with guns firing all over at the prison and just...nobody gets hit. Nothing happens. Then some zombies come and everyone was like 'oh no run' for the 100th time.

I binged it for a while when I was freelancing, but stopped on the episode where they introduce Negan and haven't bothered since.

I checked out of the show when the Governor got locked inside a shed with like 50 zombies and no weapons and somehow teleported 5 miles to grab Andrea or whoever the blonde lady was

I was just kinda like "ok that's just too much and I can't be damned any more"

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

who binges stuff they don't like

someone told me to watch community and i knew i hated it so i stopped

it's actually easier than continuing

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Elman posted:

Dexter. I only managed to watch one season and I still thought it was really bad, and from what I hear it gets particularly awful later on.

It got exponentially worse. At its best, it was a tense-yet-campy 'drama'. At its worst, he was a near invisible super spy who was immune to persecution, who later became a lumberjack.

Yes, that's right; the final scene of Dexter has him being a lumberjack. He faked his own death to leave his son in the care of ANOTHER SERIAL KILLER, and went away to cut trees by himself.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I sum up season 1 as 'you're a sexy ghost. No, YOU'RE a sexy ghost. No, YOU!'. Repeat for 10-12 episodes.

I ended up hate-binging this because someone, I can't remember who, kept giving me goalpost-shifting reasons for how I wasn't giving it a fair shot. "You haven't even seen it! ... You only watched three episodes! ... Yeah, but you didn't even finish the first season!" So I intensely hate-watched... five seasons of it? To the hotel one. I guess they won by making me watch it, but I also won by hounding them with my now exact reasoning for why it sucked and by how much more I enjoyed hating it thereafter.

So yeah! AHS is poo poo and I love hating it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet
There was that ridiculous show a while ago, some research station somewhere covered in ice.

Helix or something, and almost every episode added ANOTHER BASEMENT LEVEL and ANOTHER TWIST and ANOTHER BETRAYAL.

I honestly have to clue what the gently caress the show was about, but the endless WHEELS WITHIN WHEELS was just so funny to watch.