Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is the "Fresh Start"....
This poll is closed.
Truly something new and exciting! 6 6.90%
Nothing has changed. At all! 47 54.02%
It was actually better when Baron Corbin was "in charge" 11 12.64%
Look I'm just happy that the McMahons are FINALLY running things again. 23 26.44%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

pressedbunny posted:

Sonya and Seth have both dated someone who is totally not a Nazi but is just really, really big on hoarding Nazi memorabilia

I can't believe Triple H would cheat on Stephanie like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Is it possible nia had some kind of weird loss of coordination or some poo poo? She's been really off lately and it's making me wonder if there's something medical going on.
shes always been garbage but maybe is getting worse the longer she’s not been at the performance centre

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I don't understand why yall think wrestling is ever gonna be anywhere near as progressive as mainstream stuff. It should be. It'd be great if it was. It'd be really cool if super racist people got terrible reputations. But that it's come as far as it has in the past decade is some sort of miracle.

Is it possible nia had some kind of weird loss of coordination or some poo poo? She's been really off lately and it's making me wonder if there's something medical going on.

This is dumb and you should feel bad. Not being racist and not supporting racists is like the bare minimum of decency and trying to excuse it with the idea that something about wrestling is inherently backwards is dumb. poo poo only gets better if people hold others accountable and that still applies in wrestling.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Her verbal confrontation with Sasha earlier was also extremely bad, tho, surprisingly, not the worst talking segment on the show.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Push El Burrito posted:

I like WWE and how no matches ever end cleanly.

Eh.... I watched WCW so It's not so bad. I mean.... it's terrible but it could be worse. They could bring back Misfits in Action and repackage Lashley as G.I. Bro. I still miss DDP, Bam Bam and Kanyon as the Triple Threat, The West Texas Rednecks (RAP IS CRAP), The Dark Carnival, LWO, Lenny and Lodi, Big Poppa Pump and the greatest team of all time: Team Canada. I was such a mark for Team Canada and Bret Hart pulling an Eastwood on that dunce Bill Goldberg.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I saw the buildup to the Sasha/Nia match last night after I ran across it while channel surfing, and out of a sense of morbid curiosity I watched it until the commercial break. While I know it's a controversial opinion here, let me just say that Nia is terrible at all things and I can't wait until the day that even being the Rock's cousin is no longer reason enough to continue employing her.

(I did not bother watching said match though, because gently caress watching a Nia Jax match)

You do realize she is never going away? Like she can literally murder Sasha and she will get a push. About the only person she can maim/kill that could make a difference would be someone named McMahon. Wait a tic...
PressedBunnies! Can you use your magic curse powers for good? Think about it. Nia and Tamina versus the greatest female innovator and wrestler of all time, the woman who single handedly created women's wrestling: Stephanie McMahon! In a TLC or HIac match! Make Shane McMahon the ref for a possible bonus point. Make Vince the timekeeper as well. Nia and Tamina (with a returning Aksana) versus all the McMahons! It's the only way to be sure. Please?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
they'll never fire her for hurting a mcmahon since they all have the same insanity as vince. botching and injuring ronda who they've put a lot of resources behind would get her shitcanned tho

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZqo4OZ0Pqs

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I don't understand why yall think wrestling is ever gonna be anywhere near as progressive as mainstream stuff. It should be. It'd be great if it was. It'd be really cool if super racist people got terrible reputations. But that it's come as far as it has in the past decade is some sort of miracle.

This isn't a good reason to stop pushing for it to be less regressive and less tolerant of racists & bigotry. Mainstream stuff wasn't as socially progressive as it is until they were pushed by the changing climate to be more socially progressive. Wrestling is no different. It's less bad than it was. It can be better but it won't be if you just shrug your shoulders & go "shucks, wrestling".

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

And when actually progressive people show up in wrestling, we'll just call them pedophiles anyway.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Will KUSHIDA make more or less of an impact on WWE than Austin Aries did?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I guess that depends on whether or not KUSHIDA is an insufferable piece of poo poo no one can stand being around or working with.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

It's all a swerve and WWE will actually sign the kid with the freaky KUSHIDA mask from WK

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

extradite THIS! posted:

It's all a swerve and WWE will actually sign the kid with the freaky KUSHIDA mask from WK

Wouldn't be the first time they made that mistake.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

The botches are one thing but whether it's a work or real, Nia's attitude throughout has rubbed me the wrong way. Her attitude has some kind of badass after punching Becky and how she came off after Sasha challenged her last night on RAW seemed like more than what a heel would do.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
That Sasha spot looked like the hurricanrana was supposed to make Nia face plant on the apron like how Kalisto does in his matches. But they decided to do it on a pretty immobile person and make the bump much more dangerous.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Someone should have realized. Sasha has a track record of taking on iffy spots that maaaaaaaaaybe she can't pull off, though, in fairness, she's likely only to hurt herself with them. (Paige seemed like a fluke because no one knew how hurt she was.) Meanwhile, Nia has a track record of.... being generally bad at literally everything. Put the two together, and you have Sasha trying to hit moves on an opponent who can't actually work, and wiping out spectacularly in the process.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I have no idea why you'd ever have a spot in a match where Nia is supposed to do a flip

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

After the year Sasha had, it's nice to see she's still motivated enough to try, even against a woman who seems incapable of trying.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

What happened to Charlotte vs Ronda at the Rumble?

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

bradzilla posted:

I think this is a tip off that the Wrestlemania main event is definitely a triple threat.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

bradzilla posted:

Plans changed

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

At 66 days now, Brock's combined reigns of the Universal title have lasted 569 days. If he holds till Mania it's 659

All the other former champs (Finn, Owens, Reigns, Goldberg) combined for 281

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

This isn't a good reason to stop pushing for it to be less regressive and less tolerant of racists & bigotry. Mainstream stuff wasn't as socially progressive as it is until they were pushed by the changing climate to be more socially progressive. Wrestling is no different. It's less bad than it was. It can be better but it won't be if you just shrug your shoulders & go "shucks, wrestling".

It should be. It'd be great if it was. It'd be really cool if super racist people got terrible reputations.

VJeff posted:

And when actually progressive people show up in wrestling, we'll just call them pedophiles anyway.

who got called a pedo?

bradzilla posted:

She lost in november via dq and lost in december at tlc. Why was she supposed to face Ronda at RR?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

She lost in november via dq and lost in december at tlc. Why was she supposed to face Ronda at RR?

rovert

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

VJeff posted:

wow defending chasyn rance now? really?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sionistic posted:

That Sasha spot looked like the hurricanrana was supposed to make Nia face plant on the apron like how Kalisto does in his matches. But they decided to do it on a pretty immobile person and make the bump much more dangerous.

But she turns like she's supposed to go off the apron... but could in no way flip and protect herself since her body was in position to go right into the apron. The agent should not be agenting, you've gotta know Nia is loving that up.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

The Kimoa Kid posted:

After the year Sasha had, it's nice to see she's still motivated enough to try, even against a woman who seems incapable of trying.

Sasha's been in a poo poo situation but we shouldn't forget that's she's been amazing in the past.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

someone at work bet me £10 that Kenny will be at the Rumble so :toot: at my imminent win

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

MassRafTer posted:

She turns in the right direction but something about her leg positioning, her size and the way she lets Sasha go makes me feel like if she tries to flip forward Sasha gets ganso bombed and Nia face plants. Maybe I'm wrong, it just seems like she was setting herself up for an even worse failure.

It looked like it was supposed to be a hurricanrana DDT onto the HARDEST PART OF THE RING but then Nia just didn't know how to take it and just leaned forward and then laid down.

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002
Does anyone know what is going on with the "mixed match" style of wrestling. Are they planning on making it like its own thing on Raw or Smackdown, or will it remain as filler and not really build stories around feuds or are they going to try and develop it into its own diversion? The Apollo Ember match last night kind of felt like a throw away, but I would actually for the two to go on a winning streak that could start being featured in pre-shows/under-cards. They both seem like good wrestlers who don't really have anything going on, Ember isn't getting pushed anytime soon with Ronda around (and maybe incoming Becky/Charlotte?) and Apollo did nothing i can remember last year.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
It's probably as thought out and committed to as anything in WWE.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

JesusIsTehCool posted:

Does anyone know what is going on with the "mixed match" style of wrestling. Are they planning on making it like its own thing on Raw or Smackdown, or will it remain as filler and not really build stories around feuds or are they going to try and develop it into its own diversion? The Apollo Ember match last night kind of felt like a throw away, but I would actually for the two to go on a winning streak that could start being featured in pre-shows/under-cards. They both seem like good wrestlers who don't really have anything going on, Ember isn't getting pushed anytime soon with Ronda around (and maybe incoming Becky/Charlotte?) and Apollo did nothing i can remember last year.

So far, besides the one on Smackdown with Becky and Cena, they've just been extensions of the MMC. They probably have no real plans for those few right now so keep their MMC teams around a bit and give them some filler air time.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
I think Nia was just totally gassed at that point, its like she tried to start the move, was just too tired and flopped like someone pushed to failure at the gym. She looks exhausted as Sasha approaches and just collapses after the botch. It's possible being out of the performance centre has led to her physical condition slipping.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JesusIsTehCool posted:

They needed to fill dead space, op

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

jesus WEP posted:

someone at work bet me £10 that Kenny will be at the Rumble so :toot: at my imminent win

I’m going to get $5 when he doesn’t show.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I bet someone 100 dollars that kenny will be at the royal rumble, and when he doesn't show up I will just not pay the money. hopefully if he is pointed out in the audience or something and I win the bet on a technicality, the other person will not just not pay me.

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002
Doesn't adding a new division or two fill dead space better than throw away matches? Like when is the last RAW anyone has watched that didn't have what felt like 30 to 90 minutes of matches that were "dead space." Why not use that time on a woman's tag team division (they already have a 6 woman tag match every other show) and a mix matched division and use them to tell stories? To me the need to fill dead space is a reason to make it something more than a one off, but this is WWE, so it being a logical solution to their problem might disqualify it from happening.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

HidaO-Win posted:

I think Nia was just totally gassed at that point, its like she tried to start the move, was just too tired and flopped like someone pushed to failure at the gym. She looks exhausted as Sasha approaches and just collapses after the botch. It's possible being out of the performance centre has led to her physical condition slipping.

How long had the match been before that spot? Another spot that bothered me was when Nia had Sasha in a fireman's carry on the second/top? rope and then just dropped her. That looked violent.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
do you think the wrestlers realize that vince genuinely doesnt give one poo poo about their safety and well-being

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Low Desert Punk posted:

do you think the wrestlers realize that vince genuinely doesnt give one poo poo about their safety and well-being

I think they generally know that given the independent contractor thing, the multiple thrown out lawsuits, and the fact that you can die in a WWE ring and the show won't even be stopped.