Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is the "Fresh Start"....
This poll is closed.
Truly something new and exciting! 6 6.90%
Nothing has changed. At all! 47 54.02%
It was actually better when Baron Corbin was "in charge" 11 12.64%
Look I'm just happy that the McMahons are FINALLY running things again. 23 26.44%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

HidaO-Win posted:

I think Nia was just totally gassed at that point, its like she tried to start the move, was just too tired and flopped like someone pushed to failure at the gym. She looks exhausted as Sasha approaches and just collapses after the botch. It's possible being out of the performance centre has led to her physical condition slipping.

yeah it looks like she picks up sasha and then is too exhausted to do the move. so she just drops her on her face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
love it when my boss makes me go out and have a wrestling match with a known liability because she's related to a movie star

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

HidaO-Win posted:

I think Nia was just totally gassed at that point, its like she tried to start the move, was just too tired and flopped like someone pushed to failure at the gym. She looks exhausted as Sasha approaches and just collapses after the botch. It's possible being out of the performance centre has led to her physical condition slipping.

Being out of the PC leads to everyone's condition slipping because the work rates and amount of travel are loving insane. Injuries are basically the only time wrestlers can actually get back to their peak levels like Dean or Big Show.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Low Desert Punk posted:

do you think the wrestlers realize that vince genuinely doesnt give one poo poo about their safety and well-being

They have known this since Owen Hart died and 15 minutes later people were wrestling, they just try really hard to not remember this fact any time someone asks.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
If only Jim Ross were still in power he could send all the fat losers like Nia back to developmental like he did Big Show and Mark Henry.

Sorry Nia, we're pulling you out of WWE 2k20 because you're really fat and suck at wrestling. You've been replaced in the story mode by Stevie Richards.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

NEW FACES, NEW STORIES!!! :v:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Tato posted:

If only Jim Ross were still in power he could send all the fat losers like Nia back to developmental like he did Big Show and Mark Henry.

Sorry Nia, we're pulling you out of WWE 2k20 because you're really fat and suck at wrestling. You've been replaced in the story mode by Stevie Richards.
:chloe:

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
The roster is so bloated at this point they they might as well start sending people who are going no where or suck back to the PC . They had Breeze show up on NXT a few weeks ago and he had his best match in years and was actually over.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

That would make NXT bloated though.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Was listening to Post Wrestling on the way into work today and apparently the reason that Heyman/Lesnar promo was so weird is they were timing it so Lesnar’s entrance coincided with halftime of the college football game. They had Heyman filling time till they got the green light to go.

Still a dumb idea and resulted in a weird promo, but at least I can understand the reasoning behind it now.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

So Lars Sullivan is like a literal, no poo poo, actual full on white supremacist but what's the deal with Lacey Evans? The gimmick is obviously alt rightish and it seems like she lives the gimmick on Twitter? And I guess she dressed her kid up as some fantasy character that amounted to blackface and then reacted real bad when people were all "uh, blackface"? Is she like a real bad guy or just playing one on TV?

Not that I actually think its a cool or ok thing for the lovely racist company deeply tied to all the terrible hard right poo poo to make gimmicks to capitalize on the terrible hard right poo poo even if they're heels. Just trying to figure out the individual.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Racists?

IN MY WRESTLING?!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Guys, guys. We just need to be more tolerant of racism.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
New road agent Cowboy Bill Watts.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

TV Zombie posted:

That would make NXT bloated though.

Kind of already is.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

STAC Goat posted:

So Lars Sullivan is like a literal, no poo poo, actual full on white supremacist but what's the deal with Lacey Evans? The gimmick is obviously alt rightish and it seems like she lives the gimmick on Twitter? And I guess she dressed her kid up as some fantasy character that amounted to blackface and then reacted real bad when people were all "uh, blackface"? Is she like a real bad guy or just playing one on TV?

Not that I actually think its a cool or ok thing for the lovely racist company deeply tied to all the terrible hard right poo poo to make gimmicks to capitalize on the terrible hard right poo poo even if they're heels. Just trying to figure out the individual.

I think she's just extraordinarily tone-deaf about racism, as opposed to a literal white supremacist like Lars.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm betting she's more establishment Republican "not actively racist but wonders why white people aren't allowed to use the N-word" racist, compared to Lars "Yeah I sure hate n******!" Sullivan

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

She comes off as that low key racist that most white people are. Not a white supremacist but benefits from and has never questioned existing privileges.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I honestly think everyone is getting worked by the gimmick. Rovert has consistently defended her and I trust him on this kind of stuff.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Guess who's been moved to the alumni section of WWE's website, lol.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

VJeff posted:

Guess who's been moved to the alumni section of WWE's website, lol.

lmao is jericho also in the hall of fame? because i can totally see him quietly being removed

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lmao is jericho also in the hall of fame? because i can totally see him quietly being removed

He ain't and he ain't now.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Who has the most IC title reigns on the active roster, 'cause he's about to get that belt right quick.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

VJeff posted:

Who has the most IC title reigns on the active roster, 'cause he's about to get that belt right quick.
miz is one behind jericho so no doubt that’s getting hot shotted twice

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

miz is one behind jericho so no doubt that’s getting hot shotted twice

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/1082781498011541505

lmfao

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ahahaha this company is so petty, im sure jericho doesnt give a gently caress

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Very Not Mad
https://twitter.com/iamjohnpollock/status/1082781977651032065

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

"I'm really concerned about this new promotion that has only done one show, has no tv deal as of now, and is still kind of just an idea. So I should go and kick out some paying customers for some bullshit rule I made up on the fly."

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

that's an extremely galaxy brain way to make sure you don't lose fans to competition, kick them out after paying and alienate them further

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DoctorGonzo posted:

ahahaha this company is so petty, im sure jericho doesnt give a gently caress

Live stream of Jericho's reaction:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Live stream of Jericho's reaction:

photoshop this so he's on the party deck of the jericho cruise

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

is pepsi ok posted:

I honestly think everyone is getting worked by the gimmick. Rovert has consistently defended her and I trust him on this kind of stuff.

Yes, let's listen to rovert on a matter of race.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

It would be great if Kenny won the Rumble so Vince could feed him to Brock

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I just saw that AEW is backed by the owner of the Jaguars lol.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

that's an extremely galaxy brain way to make sure you don't lose fans to competition, kick them out after paying and alienate them further
Don't they usually just give you a t-shirt to put over it, though these things do get overblown since I always see Bullet Club shirts at WWE shows

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
being told now that it was not a child in AEW merch that was removed from the building but actually kenny omega in lifts

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

https://twitter.com/FLWrestlingFan/status/1082795133215625217

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

LOL :imunfunny:

Also what is going on with Jericho?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012