Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Sab0921 posted:

I mean - Ehlinger is really good and it will be his 3rd year in the system. Not sure Hurts wants to come be a backup.

We also have Buechele, two redshirted 4-stars (although they’re both on the portal) and a 4-star early enrollee coming in January. Even if both the redshirts do end up transferring, that’s theoretically a 3-way battle just to be the backup next year. Sam could possibly even stay for year 4.

Holy poo poo Texas has a really good QB1 and something resembling depth behind him. It’s been a decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Sam Ehlinger was one of my favorite QBs to watch this year.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Thermos H Christ posted:

We also have Buechele, two redshirted 4-stars (although they’re both on the portal) and a 4-star early enrollee coming in January. Even if both the redshirts do end up transferring, that’s theoretically a 3-way battle just to be the backup next year. Sam could possibly even stay for year 4.

Holy poo poo Texas has a really good QB1 and something resembling depth behind him. It’s been a decade.

remember when our options were David Ash Bitch and his 45 yard dragon, or Case McCoy and the Pass Interference Special

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Thermos H Christ posted:

Ah, Shane Buechele. I remember when I thought he was a good quarterback. Fall of 2018, those were simpler times.

*gazes longingly at a faded photograph of Lil'Jordan Humphrey*

Have I ever told you about Jerrod Heard?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Tate Martell is in the transfer portal.

Also, is actual first name is Tathan :laffo:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

Ah, Shane Buechele. I remember when I thought he was a good quarterback. Fall of 2018, those were simpler times.

*gazes longingly at a faded photograph of Lil'Jordan Humphrey*

Have I ever told you about Jerrod Heard?

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2016/9/17/12956490/texas-longhorns-tyrone-swoopes-18-wheeler-package

what could have been

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

sportsgenius86 posted:

If Fields doesn’t get his waiver or gets injured I don’t even know what Ohio State’s QB situation looks like.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

unc charlotte gonna shock the world

https://twitter.com/davidscott14/status/1083443127254421506

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

sportsgenius86 posted:

Based on the last few month, good riddance. There's being competitive, and there's being an entitled shithead. "I'm going to win the starting job". *Fields actually shows up* "I'm going to transfer."

Like, I know the dude is talented, but from watching him on QB1 and just how he's generally handled himself at OSU in terms of pouting about playing time behind a generational QB and pouting about the offense changing from the pure spread option--he's a headcase. I bet someone can run a drat good offense with him, but Day's friction with him and the fact that Day inherited him from Tim Beck and Warriner at a time when the offense was 70% run is just coming home to roost now that Day has the chance to do what he wants.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Pandanaut posted:

If Fields doesn’t get his waiver or gets injured I don’t even know what Ohio State’s QB situation looks like.

Matthew Baldwin is supposedly Ryan Day's pet project, so probably him. Or if Day thinks he's not ready I guess maybe Jalen Hurts is an option?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

He'll probably go to Miami with his other high school buds. Hopefully he waits until Fields waiver is decided on, but meh it doesn't matter long term. We may end up with Baldwin at QB for a year, but yeah Martell was an Urban style QB and was probably destined to transfer at some point. He'll fit in well at Miami so long as his arm can mirror his mouth.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/philsteele042/status/1083446351717908480

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
A tiny scrambly guy who also made Ohio State mad? Be still my heart :swoon:

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

sportsgenius86 posted:

Matthew Baldwin is supposedly Ryan Day's pet project, so probably him. Or if Day thinks he's not ready I guess maybe Jalen Hurts is an option?

Nah, Day's been pretty blatant about going away from the run-first QBs in terms of picking Baldwin, Miller, and some of the guys he missed on (Mertz, for example). He likes when a QB can run but is wayyyy more likely to be throwing 35-40 passes a game than Urban did at this point, and that's absolutely not Hurts. Baldwin, Chug, and then probably a walk-on if I had to guess, though we still haven't taken a QB in the class and may gamble on a project guy now if Day finds one he likes. I don't think Martell pulls this poo poo unless one of two things happened though: Day told him to cut the poo poo since he still would have to beat Baldwin to start or he learned that Fields is more likely to play immediately than not. Either way, the dude doesn't have Urban there coddling him, and it's clearly affecting him.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

His first name is Tathan, as in meet my 3 sons, Tanner, Taysom, and Tathan

https://twitter.com/SloppyBaseballs/status/1083430554593255425

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/people/status/1083449620985012224

!!!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Rough for Tebow out there, man.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Rough for Tebow out there, man.

Still being persecuted for his Christianity I see

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I hope their beautiful child plays QB for us

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

I'd love for Martell to come to Miami. A pipeline out of that HS would be amazing.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Hard to raise a baby on a Minor League Baseball salary. GL Tim.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Dilber posted:

I'd love for Martell to come to Miami. A pipeline out of that HS would be amazing.

It's looking like you guys have a good shot at Jalen Hurts, too.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Godzilla07 posted:

His first name is Tathan, as in meet my 3 sons, Tanner, Taysom, and Tathan

https://twitter.com/SloppyBaseballs/status/1083430554593255425

lol, even the transfer portal has "The" OSU

wankers

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Congrats to Tebow for finally having sex like a year from now.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

lol, even the transfer portal has "The" OSU

wankers

Papers published by professors at tOSU even have their affiliations down as "The Ohio State University"

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Albert Okwuegbunam is coming back to Mizzou next year. The offense should be scary if they can stay mostly healthy.

SmellsLikeToast
Dec 30, 2005

A GREATER MAN THAN I DESERVE
That’s a poo poo ton of hyphens, man.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I wonder if Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters's family have ever sworn that they met someone who knew a "le-a" pronounced "ledasha," or twins named Orangejello and Lemonjello.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Pakled posted:

It's looking like you guys have a good shot at Jalen Hurts, too.

If we grab every single transfer QB, can they become our group OC?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/Graham_Couch/status/1083454849952432133?s=19

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Henchman of Santa posted:

Congrats to Tebow for finally having sex like a year from now.

Sad that it was my first thought too.

Wonder if his motion will be critiqued there too.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Emron posted:

I wonder if Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters's family have ever sworn that they met someone who knew a "le-a" pronounced "ledasha," or twins named Orangejello and Lemonjello.

I used to get frustrated when I heard these stories in the wild, but now I just consider them a handy way to know that I'll never be friends with someone.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Seaniqua posted:

I used to get frustrated when I heard these stories in the wild, but now I just consider them a handy way to know that I'll never be friends with someone.

It's an extremely convenient "hello, I'm a racist" indicator.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Emron posted:

It's an extremely convenient "hello, I'm a racist" indicator.

No no, you see, this time they’re actually being genuine....they actually know a person that met the people with these whacky names!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I once had a job putting people on public housing waiting lists. Definitely saw a thing or two, but mainly just really....creative spelling. Never saw a Tathan in the thousands and thousands of names I saw.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Mahoning posted:

No no, you see, this time they’re actually being genuine....they actually know a person that met the people with these whacky names!

Bottom right corner of this - the Records Management Officer.

http://www.downtowndistrict.org/about-us/staff/

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Sab0921 posted:

Bottom right corner of this - the Records Management Officer.

http://www.downtowndistrict.org/about-us/staff/

lol

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Sash! posted:

I once had a job putting people on public housing waiting lists. Definitely saw a thing or two, but mainly just really....creative spelling. Never saw a Tathan in the thousands and thousands of names I saw.

friend of mine runs a horse training place where rich parents send their children to learn how to ride horses and all that poo poo and one of her summer camp sign up sheets was a lovecraftian hell of McKaahyleah and McKinzely and McKashley and oh my god white people never get to make this joke again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Proud Christian Mom posted:

friend of mine runs a horse training place where rich parents send their children to learn how to ride horses and all that poo poo and one of her summer camp sign up sheets was a lovecraftian hell of McKaahyleah and McKinzely and McKashley and oh my god white people never get to make this joke again

Tathan is white.

He is also the "A&M is rear end my dudes" guy so he can do whatever he wants in my book. He should be treated like Vince Young in Austin.