Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhantomZero
Sep 7, 2007

funakupo posted:

If anyone still out in the cold for invite, I have 2 left. Quote this and your Uplay name. I am assuming no regional shenanigans on beta? I'm in Belgium for reference.

My Uplay is "Phantom__Zero" with two underscores.

Anno is one of my favorite games and i'm excited for these changes. I hope the changes will be a bit deeper than "I picked the tyrant hq instead of workers paradise hq" which was kind of how they handled ecology in 2070.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhantomZero
Sep 7, 2007

funakupo posted:

Ok invites gone out hopefully

I don't seem to have got one, is it supposed to show up in your library or do you get an email or what?

PhantomZero
Sep 7, 2007

funakupo posted:

I just played about 30 minutes, and very true about this giving your GPU a real workout currently. So monitor your temperatures.
I am adoring relocate, as I always plunk poo poo down wrong long-term and want to adjust much later.

I double checked that Ubi showed PhantomZero and USF as friends and invites as sent, so please cross check spam/tabs/email associated with Ubi and all that sort.

Thanks! I was able to get access. I checked my email several times but couldn't find it. I was able to chat with Ubisoft support and they were able to give me the link pretty quickly.

PhantomZero
Sep 7, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

So I beat the campaign and went to start a new sandbox game on medium settings and oh god I’m barely into T2/workers and establishing a second island (using iron beams purchased from Archie) and my economy is crashing big time. No money left.

What should I be trying to do early on? Clearly the campaign was holding my hand at the start.

Buy more schnapps you jerks.

You start with the resources to settle a second island already on board your first boat, starting a second island sooner could help as you should have more people than jobs to provide additional income. Having an extra 100 or so population should be providing enough of a buffer in the early game and having low unemployment is generally a bad thing.