Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Is there a combat mini game in this one? Please say no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Megazver posted:

I'm pretty sure it's like 1404, so the enemies will attack you on the main map instead of it being an optional side-activity in an otherwise peaceful city builder.

I hope you people are happy.

Yes. It was only optional in the last one if you were willing to sign up to a lot of pointless waiting.

Fans fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jan 31, 2019

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Add me to the list of people begging for a beta key. Uplay name "PremierSovian"

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

mmtt posted:

I have 2 invites left for the Closed Beta. Quote this and add your Uplay username or pm me.

PremierSovian

Would PM but on phone and heck if I know how to do it from there

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Cythereal posted:

I like 2205 plenty.

In fact, watching PartyElite's Anno 1800 videos makes me unhappy that they seem to have walked back how intuitive 2205's UI was. I loved how in 2205 each building told you straight up how many units of whatever contributing resources it consumed and how many it produced. It was easy to see, and that panel that told you straightforwardly how much of each resource you were/were not producing was a godsend.

It looks like 1800 is going back to having to stockpile goods in warehouses and markets and they can be put in ships and whatnot, and doesn't give you that immediate at a glance info about buildings and resources.

That magnificently user-friendly UI is the whole reason I bought 2205 but have skipped previous games in the series, I like building pretty cities and don't like excessively micromanaging and spreadsheeting resources and production and optimizing travel times for trucks or whatever.

I guess a lot of folks will appreciate all that coming back, but it's doing a lot to turn me off from the game.

Party Elite was straight up saying what each building produces before placing it so I think it is still there. Hopefully anyway!

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Thanks to whoever invited me! <3

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Only beginner tip I got is to keep your population high and happy with booze. They’re a good source of cash and you’ll need loads of the little buggers anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Anno’s core game is always roughly the same this is a perfectly fine one to jump on with.

It’s not like most logistics games because the transport of goods is heavily simplified and even involves teleportation between stores if it’s on the same island. Still it is pretty satisfying to get chains between islands going!