Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Something about crown falls felt wrong. I don’t think i’m good enough to use it for the intended purpose yet: shoving it to the brim with investors. I had a good game going till i opened it up then it felt too easy with its abundance of mines.

So started a new game with just the arctic. Wanted to have a bit of conflict with the npcs and decided to throw in Alonso. He sees fun and chaotic! He gave me a quest that spawned a frigate for him within 10 minutes then declared war and blew up all my boats with it.

I started a new game with different npcs. I have a cool protected harbor on my island.

SubNat posted:

Finally had time to sit down with this again, haven't really played it since the Crown Falls DLC came out.

But uh, I'm kinda worried it's borked somehow.
Once I hit the build a church + meet old Nate milestone in the questline there it just stopped, not a single peep more.
I remember there just being an utter barrage of building demands + scavenging stuff + finding the scepter quests raining down.

Are the quests still around or do you have nothing pending? I was a bit confused why it wouldn’t complete the old nate leg of a quest but once I built a zoo and completed that one i got the next leg of both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

It moves us one step close to the ultimate fusion of tropico and anno. Cant wait to be able to add skylights to my cigar factories and freeze dryers to the coffee roasters.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Gasparovs nice to have around. He’s not hard to keep happy and he has a lot of super easy picture quests.

Alonso once gave me a quest to attack a ship and then declared war on me as the reward. It was the first quest he gave me after i met him.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

I like gasparov because while hes a bit agresssive on settling most his missions are pictures which are the easiest and quickest to finish

alonso can go straight to hell though

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Im hoping for a Victorian moon colony

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

anno 40005

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Ol’ wibbly knows when he isnt wanted.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I've been hooked on this all weekend and thought I was by far the ruler of the world until I bought out one of Beryl O'Mara's new world islands and she declared war on me, wrecked all my complex trade routes, stole a bunch of my undefended islands, and I don't see any way of defeating her despite my massive economy and don't feel like setting up all those trade routes again etc. so I guess I'll start a new game without her, lol. Who's the least warlike level 2 AI?

I'm pretty new to this and think I tend to waaaaay overproduce everything (except coastal defenses!) to make mountains of soap and fur coats and guns to sell to the AI. Is it better to stay pretty lean and only make exactly what you need? I notice the AI islands have waaaaay less stuff on them than mine but they still have investors etc-do they get free resources and stuff, or do I just not actually need 14 soap makers (and the army of workers that requires)to sell soap to Eli. Is there an actually good wiki/strategy guide? The fandom one is sort of OK but it's no paradox wiki.

What's the deal with influence and how do I earn more of it? Finding out harbor defenses cost influence in the middle of a war when I had finally convoyed some guns to far flung islands was quite a shock.

What DLC do I turn off to turn off Trelawney? Will I lose much else? I have Sunken Treasures, Docklands, and Bright Harvest. Expeditions don't interest me much in general and are kind of distracting-Are any of the other DLCs more focused on the old world/new world?

ive rebuilt from devastating wars before. it takes a lot of time but it is possible.

anyway the answer is gasparov. keep taking pictures for him and hes happy

also dont buyout an island if you dont want war.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Still Hoping for Anno 9

Because baby are my Plebs being Needed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

anno 10008 with 4 dimensional play