Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Spoderman posted:

I had the dstwo+ until a couple of weeks ago. I bit the bullet and got an R4i Gold for $20 and it’s worth it. The interface is faster and the battery doesn’t die if you leave a game on sleep mode during the middle of the day. It’s supposedly one without a time bomb but these things are so shady that I don’t entirely trust that

yeah I think the dstwo is the one I have and it does drain the battery very fast. if the normal card is only $20 I should probably get that one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Milkman posted:

yeah I think the dstwo is the one I have and it does drain the battery very fast. if the normal card is only $20 I should probably get that one

Hell, same

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Edit:

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

trying to jack off posted:

waking up excited knowing uncle at nintendo came during the night and has modded all the console in your house

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

malibu anime posted:

lol..a thread with 0 posts and its about containing a retard.. the op played himself lol. it looks like he shut himself in for us. Thanks!!

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

waking up excited knowing uncle at nintendo came during the night and has modded all the console in your house

I once waited for my brother while he walked his dog and I modded his NES with the FDS audio mod while he was gone. I don't even think I told him I did it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I once waited for my brother while he walked his dog and I modded his NES with the FDS audio mod while he was gone. I don't even think I told him I did it

:staredog:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

I don't even care if this is true or your cute idea of a fakepost or whatever, this is the last straw. You're loving gone man. That's it.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
oh well I guess that's that then; goodbye.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Dude

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006
You need affirmative, enthusiastic consent to mod someone else's console dude. I think you should delete that post before someone screenshots it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

thought this thread might be free of someone posting some true psycho poo poo but here we are.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lmfao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This is OCD

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Lmfao

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

What does that mod do exactly?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

my morning jackass posted:

What does that mod do exactly?

im going to presume it gives you the famicom extra sound channel. im going to go further and say it probably it requires some sort of specific resistor being soldered in that uncle in nintendo had to have been carrying on him to even do the mod

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

im going to presume it gives you the famicom extra sound channel. im going to go further and say it probably it requires some sort of specific resistor being soldered in that uncle in nintendo had to have been carrying on him to even do the mod

the extra sound channel was on the disk system. and idk if theat even works on the cartridge games that were fds like metroid and loz. ALSO the fds music is worse than the cart versions

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

the extra sound channel was on the disk system. and idk if theat even works on the cartridge games that were fds like metroid and loz. ALSO the fds music is worse than the cart versions

i bet you only get the benefit of this mod if you use a flashcart to play the fds roms which actually have that music

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i bet you only get the benefit of this mod if you use a flashcart to play the fds roms which actually have that music

oh yeah i forghot flashcarts exist.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

After listening to a bunch right now I think the fds sounds way better in come cases. Castlevania 3 is no contest

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

After listening to a bunch right now I think the fds sounds way better in come cases. Castlevania 3 is no contest

thats the vrc6 soundchip in the cart, not any fds stuff

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Castlevania 3 was never an FDS game, the Japanese version had a chip in the cart adding 3 extra sound channels. User loses posting privileges for one month.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

castlevania 3 isn't an fds game it had a custom mapper in the cart that wasn't in the nes for some reason i forget why

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Castlevania 3 was never an FDS game, the Japanese version had a chip in the cart adding 3 extra sound channels. User loses posting privileges for one month.

this

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Zas posted:

this

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fart Dick poo poo game.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

The shame I feel... unbearable.

Metroid sounds pretty cool on the fds but Zelda def sounds worse.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

its ok as a novelty, i wouldnt want it modded though lol. but yeah all the custom konami stuff is great

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Fart Dick poo poo game.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drwX7MbB_IE lagrange point is cool becasue they just stuck a ym syth chip iun the cart

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

check out this koudelka cutscene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3exkOxSFNg8&t=858s

this game is kewl

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drwX7MbB_IE lagrange point is cool becasue they just stuck a ym syth chip iun the cart

especially around/after 19:01 is jumpin. awesome

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I did the neshdmi mod and one of the biggest surprises was how much better the audio sounded after I did it. You completely bypass the internal nes sound stuff and it sounds so crystal clear now. The only downside is the FDS audio mod no longer works. But that's more of a reason to still keep my av Famicom hooked up instead of it being a redundant waste of space imho

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Zas posted:

My morning jackass wasn't far off tho because you need to mod an nes to hear the music in Castlevania 3(j) properly

And yeah my brother has an Everdrive, that's why I did it

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I also kind of agree that this fm audio stuff usually sounds worse but I don't know if that's because of what I grew up on (some big survey was released about a year ago that basically showed Americans preferred the American Zelda title theme and Japanese preferred the FDS title theme).

Sound effects are definitely better on the FDS almost all of the time and the music in FDS metroid is better in every single way though. I always thought master system fm audio sounded so much worse than the US versions though. Like really lovely MIDIs.

FM sms music:
https://youtu.be/SxARwmO7VqA

Vs
https://youtu.be/EYe37VgGMeM

Now listening again I'm not sure which is better :shrug:

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
The wii u can be hacked- no matter what fw youre on?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

scott zoloft posted:

The wii u can be hacked- no matter what fw youre on?

Yes, I believe the only difference is if you are on the very newest firmware (5.5.3 or 5.5.2) you might have to use some browser exploit or something to "switch over" to the hacked Wii U (and this only matters if you want to hack the Wii U portion; if you wanna hack the Wii portion it doesn't matter). I know with 5.5.2 and lower you buy a DS game which you load the hack onto which makes your console auto-boot into a hacked mode. This is called "Coldboot Haxchi". Just buy Brain Age as it's the cheapest compatible DS title

edit: I just checked and it turns out this trick works again on Firmwares above 5.5.1 so yes, you can hack the Wii U portion of the Wii U no matter what firmware you're on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

I ha ked my wii u and installed all the best emulators and roms and it was in a trashbag in my garage a month later.