Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Psycho Knight posted:

There's an examine point near the front door by some chests/boxes/assorted items. We don't pick it up, we just read it. Weird.

What's on page 2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Psycho Knight posted:

Sneaky reference, devs. Keep those up.

In fact the building Tifa is initially standing near is the Honeybee Inn (per the giant pink sign), and the sign above the 'You want to practice with me?' guy is from outside the gym, so this whole area is closer to Wall Market then anything else.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Psycho Knight posted:

Oh, so that's what that guy's deal is. The Honeybee Inn I did notice, but I wasn't quite sure if it was something the developers were going for. The game tries to play it safe for age rating purposes, so throwing in a reference to a brothel seems like it would have gotten axed by executives. Then again, only people who have played FFVII would know what the building is anyway, so I guess they'd be fine with it. I may have been a little out of it at the time of writing as well. I remember thinking about the Honeybee Inn, and then I just didn't write about it for whatever reason.

Ah, I thought it was a bit too prominent for you to overlook, but then you didn't mention it, so. Yeah, I can imagine they wouldn't want to reference it directly but it does make the practice guy extra weird.