Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I’ve watched a YouTube LP of this (since we didn’t have any on here at the time), and while they do start getting some development later on... Hoo boy is it a long ways off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Come to think of it, isn’t it kind of strange that we haven’t seen any actual kings and queens by now?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Psycho Knight posted:

poo poo, how did that happen? Now I'm trying to think of why I had Disney on the brain...

Also, any reason for Anastasia? Did I make a reference to that that I've blanked on?

I know of at least two Queens in this game, and one King. I'm pretty sure we are a fair ways off from any of them.

Right, Harry Potter is still a thing isn't it?

Do kids still watch Scooby-Doo? I thought that had reached the point of mostly being a space filler. Granted I don't really watch TV anymore because of YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h9V0nDT9XU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

And it had the best “getting hit by a Limit Break” animation of them all.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

And he also scatters the other party members to the corners of the earth, and seemingly kills off the crew of their ship... who are apparently completely forgotten about by the time the party can meet him in his home.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

morallyobjected posted:

if there's one thing Snow's good at, it's rushing into things without a real plan and loving it all up

Heroes don’t need plans!

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

To be fair, they’re the only ones who can prod summons with a stick until the summons give up and help them... instead of just thwacking them aside if they’re not one.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

Honestly Snow is the third best party member in XIII, character wise. It's just not a high bar.

Hope’s mom is the best for only getting one cringe-worthy line in a whole sea of them compared to the rest of the main cast. :v:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

It doesn’t help that two of the major terms are close to identical (fal’cie and l’cie). I know it took me a bit to sort them out when I started playing.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

And then there’s the stuff that happens during XIII-3’s ending/epilogue. :allears:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

...Yeup.

Holy poo poo, Lightning.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, I remember an incredibly awkward cutscene in the middle of XIII where just after Fang (literally a Fantasy Australian who's already done the Focus song and dance before) joins the party, she asks to see it to give Lightning an idea of how far away she is timewise from failing her task from god and getting turned into a monster, which... Involves Lightning pulling her shirt open in public.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

And a max-power Chicken Knife is more powerful than the Brave Blade even if you’d never fled from a single fight in the entire game by the time you can get them.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I still kind of laugh at how... Wildly divergent Amano’s art is from the final in-game character designs with many of the older FFs. Especially his chocobo from II.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Please tell me you’re going to include that gif TheDarkId made that summarizes what happened in the sequel novella when you do your writeup on X’s EU.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Oh, I thought it was a gif.

And...

Holy poo poo, I’m just in awe at how badly they executed the sequels.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

It’s funny that despite all of... This, I’d probably love to have some kind of proper epilogue for VI if I thought that they could do it without making GBS threads all over some of the characters, pretending all of their character development since their introduction in the story never happened, reusing plot beats from the other sequel works, etc. etc.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I’d guess it was done to help make sure that her sprite would be more visually distinct from Celes, and to serve as a subtle hint you’d probably only realize in retrospect that she’s rather literally otherworldly (IIRC, she’s the only human character with green hair, while some of the more humanlike Espers have that color).

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

There’s loving up, and then there’s... This.

I’m expecting we’ll be seeing everything covered in a fantasy nuclear winter pretty soon.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Well, there’s a way for them to start working towards redeeming themselves for doing something this terrible. It just involves a bit of almost-perfect immortality, a talking floating skull, and... Not caring too much about their looks. And sanity.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Granted, she probably doesn’t want to find out how the twins could conceivably gently caress up even more than they already have at this point, and doesn’t want to give them any ideas.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

And just think: they’re probably still going to find some way to screw up even worse.

I’m placing bets on “the crystal art display prison winds up empowering Brandeleis even more” when Reynn thinks she’s come up with an ingenious way of freeing Lann from it.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Wasn’t there some kind of implication/speculation that the presence of “signature” bosses from FF1-6 in TAY’s loving massive final dungeon meant that those other worlds were canonically erased by the Creator for failing to live up to his bugfuck insane standards?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Come to think of it, yeah, pretty much all of the characters from the mainline games were basically “oh, you guys are the subject of the prophecy? You’ll want to go here next” with the twins. The only one I can really remember them building something of a rapport with was Refia.