Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

EponymousMrYar posted:

Also Lann does have some clever things to say. He's kinda like Fighter from 8-bit theater. Really dumb about most things, really smart about others. He probably makes a good cuppa joe.

The single biggest Smart Fighter moment to me was always blocking the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

The design doesn't look the same, but Dualizard appears to at least be the same color as Doublizard, an FFV monster.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I kind of want to call Amnesia Girl "Neon" (after the girl from Sigma Harmonics) but it doesn't fit her that well.

I'm gonna second Anaamika.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Mraagvpeine posted:

Will that also include the spin-off/sequel (I forget which) of XII? Revenant Wings I think?

I'm not sure people remember that game exists half the time.

Also it's both, happening chronologically after FFXII with Vaan (aside, I'm unreasonably irritated about all the misspelling of it, it's two a's one n) still as the main character and yet having almost no gameplay in common with it probably qualifies for that.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

TracerK posted:

Name any three Chocochicks Popocho,
Feathers and Foozles after a certain frazzled Chocobo rancher. :allears:

(Alternate suggestions include Bococho, Chopopo and/or Choboco.)

I support this!

Blaze Dragon posted:

Since Cloud is in Super Smash Bros. (with representation that makes Konami look like a good company...), I say we return the favour and rename Right Hand MasterHand.

I support this too, but less emphatically.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

The other name that pops up in the Firion Files, Borghen, is a far more direct FFII reference; he's an officer in the Imperial army in that game.

Offhand he dies fairly early on but not before murdering Josef with a boulder trap.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I can't tell whether notable non-fantasy brand name l'Oreal is one or all of those.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Psycho Knight posted:

Sara is great. I hope the final episode doesn't ruin things by defaulting Rean to standard heroine girl (I can't recall her name right now. Alicia?).

Alisa, so... close. For what it's worth I'd also prefer if they defaulted his ship to someone else, as long as "someone else" also isn't Elise, Juna, Musse, Millium...

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

You do a mosaic of Cids and don't include Cid nan Garlond or Thunder God Cid? Those are two of the best Cids!

Also, does Al-Cid count as a Cid? If he does, it means FFXII has multiple Cids.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Psycho Knight posted:

I didn't do the mosaic, I just grabbed it online because it was late and I was still frustrated from a lovely essay I'm about to hand in. That's actually one of the only mosiacs I could find. I thought for sure that there would be plenty of Cid collection images out there, but that was all I could see.

Maybe I should do a proper one of my own. I can't believe he doesn't have a bunch of them floating around already considering his status.

Oh that makes sense. Sorry for pinning someone else's bad taste on you.

Psycho Knight posted:

Also, no, Al-Cid doesn't count as a true Cid. The executive producer and one of the former directors of XII have both said he isn't the official Cid of XII. He also lacks a lot of the usual Cid traits, such as being an inventor or scientist type. Doctor Cid fits the character type much more closely.

Good to know. I haven't played XII, so I thought I'd ask - I have played Tactics A2, though, and Al-Cid's in that one too... as well as an indisputably-a-real-Cid that has nothing to do with science.

Offhand I think Kramer (VIII's Cid), Raines (XIII's Cid), FFTA2 Cid, Randell (FFTA1's Cid), and Orlandeau (FFT's Cid) all aren't much for science, though. Come to think of it none of the Tactics Cids are much alike.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I'm gonna say the XIII sequels count as EU but the MMO expacs do not. Or if they do, that XIV's at least are all good additions and at times better executed than 2.x's main story.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

13-2 seemed like a gameplay improvement from the LPs but also the writing and worldbuilding went kinda nutty.

13-3 I just do not think I understand.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

morallyobjected posted:

personally, I think the series is at its best when it's not taking everything too seriously, like the ending where Snow is a time cop (in general he's much more tolerable in XIII-2 than he is in XIII). plus it gave us this masterpiece

Right, the paradox endings are great. The actual main ending and a lot of the stuff in the core narrative, however...

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

...is that Minesweeper

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Might be important to note that Leviathan II isn't a summon or a boss, but a dungeon. I never actually beat FFII but I got that far at least.

Meanwhile big yikes at that stunning lack of anything resembling good parenting choices.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Shivalry doesn't have nearly enough helmet lips to be a Super Sentai or Ultraman, but he also doesn't have the right eyepiece style for Kamen Rider.

Then again, neither did Decade, Diend, or Hibiki...

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

morallyobjected posted:

I dunno which MMOs have them.

FFXIV does at least, but then it also has a cooking profession that uses them.

And while I don't 100% know it I'm pretty sure FFXV lets you cook the fish you catch, too. New recipehs and whatnot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Final Fantasy Tactics A2 is also an Ivalice Alliance game, though the most important thing that happens in it that pertains to regular FFXII characters is that Vaan put on a shirt for once.

You may have seen Solumin's ongoing... well almost finished LP of it.