Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Milo and POTUS posted:

Envious of this dudes nickname

Well, he tried to go with T-bone, but everyone at his work ended up calling him Koko.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

TinTower posted:

On the subject of the thing 8chan are raiding on, the supposed Jewish backing of the slave trade is something that Louis Farrakhan and the Nation of Islam have been banging on about for at least the past thirty years. More recently, it's one of the brainworms that has been tearing the Labour Party over here apart, because there really is no anti-semitism so insidious that people won't claim it's just criticism of Israel (see also: Ken Livingstone's theory of Genocide by Diminished Responsibility).

Of course, there were Jewish slaveholders involved in the transatlantic slave trade, but to pretend that it was a uniquely or even majority Jewish thing on any facet is, of course, complete bollocks.

...I have been following stuff in U.K. politics, and I've not heard ANYTHING about Labour party members blaming the transatlantic slave trade on Jewish peoples. To be sure, there's been a lot of accusations of anti-semitism against Corbyn, which, after I've been looking at it, seems utter guff.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

UnfurledSails posted:

Having a lion named Aslan was really confusing to me when I was a kid growing up in Turkey

What about a lion named Simba?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Evidently the Chinese must have thought that penguins were born from businesses.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Literal lol and got annoyed looks for it, too.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Whats up with this? I know it had something to do with fast food places and something stupidly racist coming up, but I don't know the whole story.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Skwirl posted:

ScarJo thinks Woody Allen is amazing, loves working with him and is eager to work with him again in the future.

It doesn't matter how much she tries to butter up to him, Johansson's too old to play Soon-Yi.

(I didn't come up with that, but wish I had)

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

Virtually all I do on Twitter is making fun of Nazis.

Well if you keep mocking jack, what else did you think would happen?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I try not to myself, but I find it awfully hard to not write 'isnae' and 'wouldnae' when typing casually.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Nicola Sacco and Bartolomeo Vanzetti

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

This new cover of santa baby isn't very good...

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Always a bigger fish...

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Hell, this is the first time I've even heard of the Sandlot.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Am i having a stroke or does this switch languages midsentence 17 words in?

It switches to a slang that was (perhaps still is, I dunno) used by gay people's back in the day - eek means face. Don't ask me about anything else, tho

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Something something 'when you nut but she still sucking' whatever.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Cocaine Bear posted:

So she wasn't on the titanic? Am I getting this right? Then how'd she get here?

She hitched a ride on the Lusitania.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Katt posted:

I once had steak and kidney pie because I thought it was going to be steak and kidney beans which sounded fine. Turns out it was actual kidney. Jesus loving Christ how gross is that. You already had the steak. The meat was accounted for. Why would you ruin it?

Chicken

...livers are nice in a chilli, too!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Thank you for point 4 miss, that was doing my nut in.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

kalensc posted:

What story is this referencing?

It's not that I enthusiastically want to know. But I do want to know, simply so I can hate centrists more.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

This is shocking

Galvanising, surely.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

christmas boots posted:

Great, but it's not a Goya.

It's a Michelangelo.

Bellisima!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Aw man.

Though, tbh, what made me change my mind changed it in pretty much the same way I wanted to be a marine biologist. I read something that I thought was cool.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Well, Chamath, it's a good speech, but you're still a C.E.O., so rehabilitation through labour camp instead of guillotine.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Tiggum posted:

They're still incredibly dumb and there are still other people in the world. We're not actually forced to choose between Donald Trump and Violent J. When it comes to whose advice we should listen to or whose behaviour we should emulate, the answer here is neither. In the unlikely scenario that you find yourself in conversation with a Trump-supporting ICP fan who's not sure which of them to listen to, then you can recommend Violent J. But that's about the only time the choice should ever come up.

Violent J may be an idiot, but he's far from a malicious idiot.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Sulla Faex posted:

what does HAM mean here? "hard as (a) motherfucker"?

I always thought it referred to being as intense as a ham actor.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

I just... I don't understand how you can possibly play deus ex and not realise that the ultra wealthy tech psychos are the bad guys.

They literally try to kill your character, and your brother, and take over the world. The main bad guy is literally a technology obsessed megacapitalist who is plotting to kill a shitload of people with a virus.

There is no subtext or anything the game basically beats you over the head with how evil they are. Deus ex is a fascinating an in many ways nuanced game but there is no interpretation about that part of the plot.

I can understand he's never played deus ex but if you've played it how the gently caress you can miss literally the bluntest point of the game is mind boggling.

That's the thing about people who are inclined for psycho-nutter rightist thinking; they only look at aesthetics and context is meaningless to them.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Careful! Making fun of this, or people literally magicposting, apparently makes you a fedora athiest to some folks on this forum.

?????

People making fun of Richard Dawkins aren't doing it because he dislikes astrology.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Piss Meridian posted:

it's gonna suck when her first act as president is to reinstate slavery or something

I have some bad news about the 13th amendment, which has existed since it was written and approved...

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Son of Rodney posted:

Why is it even called trolling, no body on the internet even lives under a bridge and they never ask for 2 gold talents. Makes no sense.

Or at least a Billy goat.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm Russell Crowe's photoshopped-out cane.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Gonna hafta take points off for not having the more accurate oinking sounds at the start.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

The Little Death posted:

Homonationalism is the coopting of queer politics by nationalist or imperialist ideology. For example, a focus on the right to serve in the military, or the use of LGBT oppression as a pretext for invasion.

Be against homonationalism!

Ah, now I know the term for when the rainbow flag was being flown during the Last Night of the Proms during Rule Britannia.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

jojoinnit posted:

Oh I totally do. I lived in America and carried it back with me and I evangelise it for exactly the reasons stated above. The numbers are more human scaled.

???

Maybe it's because I come from the U.K., but knowing when there will be frost on the road and when it is time to take the kettle off to make tea are far more valuable than one person saying 'it's not cold/warm/just right'.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

gleebster posted:

That's just what someone who wanted to kill the Moon would say.

I got Doom Moon

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Wow. The pre-editor version of Cream's 'Mother's Lament'.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

feedmyleg posted:

Just imagine the entire generation of kids who grew up on internet memes coming into positions of power and influence. I'm going to be such a cranky old man when we hit the saturation point.

Consider how many places call themselves Troy or Rome or how many people in the early modern people alluded or tried to live up to the legends of antiquity.

It's been memelords the whole time.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Mierenneuker posted:

This is only acceptable when you say it whilst imitating Daniel Craig.

...he says ma'am.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

I am convinced that Dinesh D'Souza is actually just a literal sack of hammers that accidentally brushed against a genie's lamp and wished for a book deal.

Now he's claiming English people pronounce it 'Thigh-land'. Which is obviously wrong.

It's pronounced 'Sigh-ahm'

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Memento posted:

Thank goodness Massive Thug Cock retweeted that, otherwise it would have never come to our attention.

Obviously not, we're too busy minding our buisness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I knew what that was gonna be before I clicked the link...