Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I can't not read this in the james adomian gorka voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

So he's reinvented the 90's thing where you can call definitely the real two corey's on a 1-900 number.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

zoux posted:

There used to be a twitter account that posted the worst outfits from Hollywood premieres but like everything good, the rich people made it go away.

I'd wear literally all of those things, in fact I might be able to make two of them out of stuff I already own.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You ever wonder if we're witnessing the emergence of a highly specific form of pareidolia?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

1. of course the french have parquet flooring in the bathroom
2. he turns german when he gets agitated.
3. how the gently caress does that soil pipe work???

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

zoux posted:

the most viscous beefs

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tim Whatley posted:

I'm loving dying

I wish he was in the Navy just so at some point he would have also been COMMANDER CUM

However at one point he was CAPTAIN CUM, COLONEL CUM and of course, MAJOR CUM.

I can't stop reading this post in the voice from that youtube video.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Mauser posted:

I know Adam Carolla has dipshit political views, but he was really good on loveline and if I had to be locked in a house with any of them, he would be a pretty good choice. The bottom two of that house would probably make me blow my loving brains out though

I mean realistically you'd only have to deal with ben shapiro because peterson would just be laying on the floor dribbling.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Took me a moment but this is a great post.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

ultrafilter posted:

I don't get it.

The romulan warbird is technically called a "D'deridex Class"

Which knowing no maths is all the sense I can make of the post.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

holy loving poo poo

elon musk doesn't realise he's literally the bad guy from deus ex.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I just... I don't understand how you can possibly play deus ex and not realise that the ultra wealthy tech psychos are the bad guys.

They literally try to kill your character, and your brother, and take over the world. The main bad guy is literally a technology obsessed megacapitalist who is plotting to kill a shitload of people with a virus.

There is no subtext or anything the game basically beats you over the head with how evil they are. Deus ex is a fascinating an in many ways nuanced game but there is no interpretation about that part of the plot.

I can understand he's never played deus ex but if you've played it how the gently caress you can miss literally the bluntest point of the game is mind boggling.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Cleretic posted:

I bet he didn't play the original, but did play Human Revolution. Who does have a largely sympathetically-depicted tech CEO, albeit still one that does incredibly awful things. He's just supposedly well-meaning about it; the kind of big money guy that'll absolutely embrace a utopia, just as long as it's on his terms and rule.

...so yeah, Elon definitely played Human Revolution.

Ahhhh gently caress you're right.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Scrub tier poo poo, the real thing is you do all that and then forget about it and let it get cold then microwave it again when you find it in three hours.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The loving spin kick though.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I suspect that was edited to remove the middle of "countries" and that's also why the sign language interpreter was greyed out. Also why there is a small visual hitch midway through the word.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

He is describing the concept of cultural/social context like it's a pathology because it is a context he is unfamiliar with.

Which is a bold move for a man who literally spent his entire life being snooty about movies.

Like yes, some people like doing things as a pretext for socialization, some people specifically like niche interests because they are a pretext for socialization they are more comfortable with than more mainstream social pretexts, cunningly observed mister professional film writer you cracked the case.

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 02:30 on May 14, 2020

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Intersectional fandomism.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Didn't know Jaws was a documentary about the past as well as the future but there you go.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Maybe you just want a good hand grip on your monster dong so you can get it right in there, and you'll be damned if you're gonna pay for sculpted balls and not slap them on your rear end.

Also it looks like a couple of them have suction cups and a couple are some kind of animal dong.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I appreciate you going into the detail I deliberately didn't :v:

I have to wonder what the arm sized horse dong is for though other than possibly an alternative to the glock.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You can keep the casette after you finish the lipstick.

Or maybe they're just doing praxis and stealing all the testers from the supermarket. That's what they're for after all.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I spent the whole time thinking "why do I know that voice" and holy loving poo poo it's grand nagus zek :females:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The only time I ever got on a skateboard I ended up skidding about two or three feet down the road on the side of my face. Ended up looking like the spider man baddie for a month or so.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Youtube poop but in print.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Splicer posted:

If someone transcribes it let me know, I have a visually impaired friend who leaves his gchats hooked up to his text to speach converter no matter how many times I make him regret it.

Crowland's silver jubilee committee was finally wound up on thursday evening with a presentation ceremony at the library.

The jubilee fund, described by chairman Frank Parnell as 'one of the finest efforts in Lincolnshire', fremony at the library.

The jubilee fund, described by chairman Frank Parnell as 'one remony atremony aremony at the library.

The jubremony at the library.

Tremony at remony at the library.

Thrremony at tremony at the liremony at the libraremony at the library.

Theremony at the library.
The jubilee fund, described by chairman Frank Premony rremony at the liremony aremony at the libremony atremony at tremony at the library.
'Tremorremony at the library.remony at the library.
The Jubilee fund described by chairman Frank Parnell as 'one of the finest efforts in Lincolnshire', fn he latched onto a through ball.

Although he was hauled down by the 'keeper he still managed to stroke the ball home. But for the second week running Durant had to leave the field injured, this time suffering eye trouble.

The winning goal was another 25-yard shot - again from Blackstones' central defender - coming from their second chance of the game. Gary cooper, recently signed from Queens Old Boys, had a good debut.

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 18:41 on May 20, 2020

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The hell do you need that many dead mice in one lab for?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I guess that also begs the question of how much real estate and pellets does it take to produce enough mice fast enough that you can maintain a full time industrial mouse killer position?

I'm imagining a minecraft mob grinder with mice.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Did you know there is such a creature as the Edible Dormouse?

Now you do.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Sure, but there is a variety specifically called that because the romans loving loved eating them.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I assume polytron is something specific and the indie game company doesn't coincidentally make a mouse masher.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It is genuinely impressive how he doesn't keel over forwards, he's like one of those center of mass sculptures.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I somehow managed to avoid all knowledge of it until fairly recently.

The impression I got was basically it's the silmarillion for people who get horny about :biotruths:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

RandomFerret posted:

You have either missed a key part of the concept or Tolkien wrote way more about male pregnancy than I thought

As in it seems extremely complicated, in depth, detached from reality, and very appealing to the kind of person who really likes that.

The mpreg is included in the :biotruths:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The extra fun part is if you do this it sets off all the other kookaburras nearby.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Cleretic posted:

One of the reply chains talks about that, recognizable things are super useful for Alzheimer's patients having bad episodes, otherwise they'll just be confused and upset. Might not be what this one's for, but there's some nursing homes designed with this in mind.

Also, apparently some nursing homes have fake bus stops outside, basically as traps for Alzheimer's patients that go wandering. Which is throwing me for a loop right now, because in retrospect I've been to retirement villages and nursing homes with bus stops that I never saw a bus stop at.

My nan's in a home that has a courtyard in the middle that's done up like a 1930's street. Quite nice in its way.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

https://twitter.com/StreathamRovers/status/1267848536202362885

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Strictly, before that we used dragoons to keep order, who were explicitly not knights, they were low class scum given horses and guns. The rich have been too lazy to do their own dirty work for a long time.

New Londo Ruins looking good.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

zoux posted:

Whoa dragon cops

The word does come from the word dragon, which was an early form of blunderbuss type thing used by the... french I think? The thing about dragoons is they don't fight on horseback they ride somewhere, get off, and kick the poo poo out of people. It also gives us the verbal form of dragoon which is when you force people to do something with threats. But because they were a: not nobility and, b: had the equipment already. They were a fond choice for the goon squad of the local bigwigs.

So yeah, dragon cops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The US is heavily racially segregated, so the people whose primary terror is that black people might live near them and not be beat to poo poo by cops in their neighbourhoods 24/7.