Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Take that poo poo anywhere else, this is for good tweets

https://twitter.com/Jerk_Martin/status/1349522581444059142

Thread, but unfinished at the time I posted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Dear Prudence posted:

My husbands name is Hans, but it's not pronounced like Hans Gruber, it's pronounced like "Hands" but without the D. He's Danish. Anyhow, my brother's friend Sean said he would pronounce it the German way and so whenever he would I would say to him "No, Seen, that's not how it's pronounced." He got the hint fairly fast.

A guy named Daniel in high school kept saying my name Adam with the emphasis on the second syllable like he was saying "A [beaver] dam", even after I'd tell him how it was pronounced like "Add umm". It wasn't a cultural thing, he was as white as they come. I called him "Danielle" once and it stopped immediately.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

repiv posted:

Wouldn't the electroblood and anti-blood just cancel each other out, seems like a waste imo

Only the blood part cancels out so it leaves you with electricity

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Sarcopenia posted:

The first ever episodes I heard of Reply All years ago were the ones where she interviews that incarcerated dude with a blog. It did not leave me with a good impression of her and it always stayed in the back of my mind whenever she was on.

That was one of the worst series of episodes of the pod since it came across as a podunk Serial and that's not why I listen to it, they could have done like 7 YES YES NO's in that time.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

you can't fool me that's just a bulbasaur

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Skwirl posted:

Having just looked up a pademelons, how on earth could someone confuse the two?

Possibly the same person that confuses Tasmania and New Zealand

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Memento posted:

I fired up my SNES and played some Super Mario World and my daughter asked why you couldn't change the camera angle.

You can press L and R to move the camera, absolutely shameful parenting.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

zoux posted:

Look if I wanted to drink a lovely sour beer, I'd drink an IPA

My friend I have some bad news for you, you don't know the difference between sour and bitter

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Extremely curious how the AI handles non-white people (I'm sure it'll be poorly)

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Holy poo poo I did not expect that ending

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Very impressed by the lengths people will go to to play Smash Melee

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

other option is say you're learning the guitar

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

zedprime posted:

If I'm living in a mathematical construct I demand my yes or no answer!

I'll allow disqualification against the spirit of the problem, which is a yes or no question about the card itself which is doomed to a simple defeat to maximum 1/26 chance from technicalities of probability cross sets.

in that case, it's both yes and no at once

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Cocaine Bear posted:

I like alcohol. See ya in 3 pages!

If you're going to black out for three pages, maybe you should like alcohol a little less

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Stexils posted:

going back in time to become the founder of the company :madmax:

This is just the plot of U.S. Patent No. 1, a print and play game that should def get a movie adapation.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Big Prisencolinensinainciusol vibe from this

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Huh, usually it's Drake trying to get inside teenage girls instead of the other way around.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

I read a modest proposal in grade 11 and to this day have an insatiable hunger for baby.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Trapick posted:

I'm convinced the current height exaggeration is because of Tinder/Hinge/whatever, where there's a real or perceived height bias, but since hardly anyone actually cares about absolute height it never gets challenged. The people who do care about height mostly just want to be shorter/taller than their partner.

It's pretty bonkers how widespread it's become.

https://theblog.okcupid.com/the-big-lies-people-tell-in-online-dating-a9e3990d6ae2

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

The Neal! posted:

Send the emus after the hogs

are you nuts? that's how you end up with an emu-hog coalition

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

thecluckmeme posted:

I didn't give a poo poo at all about wordle tweets until I tried it out for the first time to figure out what it is, and now that I understand what it all means the wordle tweets make me irrationally angry.

Wordle is real good and I'm glad for the Wordle tweets because they remind me to play that day's Wordle. Sorry you suck at Wordle, and anger management.

Wordle

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Garrand posted:

I kept seeing this wordle stuff on my timeline and had no idea what it was. It sounds like it's basically mastermind with words?

pretty much yes

Milo and POTUS posted:

I've never heard of it. It seems like it's p good although I now I know how to play it I doubt I'll lose many going forward.

time to embrace HARD MODE

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

projecthalaxy posted:

Do I have Biff's handy dandy almanac because I definitely don't remember the exact scores to sports finals games in 1993 off the dome. Again, I'm probably too stupid to be an isekai protagonist like the other tweet thread users

You don't need the scores, just pick winners. Pick a sport with a no ties. pick a team. Convert wins to 1 and losses to 0, and then you have a binary string. A 23 length binary string can be converted to a 7 digit number, it's like memorizing a phone number. If you want to get really fancy, pick a specific string of games that actually produces your own phone number or another easily remembered pattern like 8008135 (boobies). Hell if you can remember two phone numbers that's even better since you now have 46 days of bets. Bet a single dollar on your first game and double it (or whatever the odds are) every day. Then you just gotta find someone willing to take a 14 trillion dollar bet on a midseason baseball game and you're set for life. It's all very simple.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Gnome de plume posted:

proclick this guy

having all the swords really simplifies any puzzle

Should've asked for one sword on the first day, doubled to two swords on the second day,

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I didn't. It isn't loss.jpg, so what is it?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Breetai posted:

Bring back late '90s weird internet.

Look what website you're on, right now!

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Beeswax posted:

Her facial expression however is not boss rear end

Sad to see that lesbians born nearly 150 years ago can't escape "you should smile more"

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Lobok posted:

So it's not just goon face blindness but goon name deafness. I can't judge though, not all my senses are great. I can see perfectly and hear wonderfully but I smell terribly.

I was the opposite but then I got Lasik, now I just need to get the ear version of Lasik and I'm set

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Mr. Lobe posted:

... cochlear implants?

No, it has to be lasers!!!

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

MULTIBAAAAAAAAAAALL

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

zoux posted:

I like the meme and dislike Glenn Greenwald. Reality Winner believes she ended up in jail because of him

Who should really be in jail is whoever named a human being "Reality Winner"

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

zoux posted:

You'd think a dinosaur would still hold a grudge against very hot rocks.

They're much larger than the rocks now, the tables have turned

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/YouGov/status/1537797003626831872

What the gently caress is going on over there. Ice lollies? what is all this poo poo. you sell children a popsicle called a magnum. And feet

very curious about the 3% of people that are undecided about Feast's ice lolly status

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Chitin posted:

I would count myself in the 3% of people who have bigger problems than giving a poo poo about treat-on-a-stick nomenclature.

If someone asks you if you think something is a popsicle and you start spewing off about climate change, I bet you're an absolute delight at parties

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

There was an old reality game show called Solitary, where the premise is that the contestants are basically tortured and they have to see how long they can endure each challenge without being able to see how each other contestant is doing. . Stuff like lying on a bed of nails, or holding hot sauces in their mouth, or being woken up every few minutes and forced to recite an increasingly longer series of random numbers, fun stuff like that.

One of the challenges was to sit in a cramped box and not leave until you think three hours has passed. One guy said his strategy was to watch the movie Titanic in his head, since it was about three hours long. Sadly, he left the box early because he forgot to about the credits.

Show's great (very bad), check it out.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Mr. Lobe posted:

This is a description of him buying 3 hamburgers for 5 dollars

It's a description of them SELLING 3 hamburgers for 5 dollars

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

apatheticman posted:

What the hell was our lady peace's one hit in the States?

Chris Benoit's theme music

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Ghost Leviathan posted:

We all know we only know these words because of Magic the Gathering

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Dachshundofdoom posted:

Also you would expect a character with ten million followers to not look like a NPC rejected from Cyberpunk 2077 for looking too lovely

I was gonna say Borderlands lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Holy gently caress it sounds like a circus version of Missy Elliot's One Minute Man, which makes it even funnier somehow