Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

https://twitter.com/bobvids/status/1242839666136682496

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Pilchenstein posted:

I bet those people are sleeping soundly tonight lol

Probably. Starship is a prototype that has made two small hops. Falcon 9 has had 59 successful launches in a row right now IIRC.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

canyoneer posted:

Whenever I turn on the TV, my kids ask "what are we going to watch?"
I always respond with the dullest sounding documentary I can think of. Yesterday it was "part one of a six part documentary about dung beetles"

I want that in 4k BluRay right now. Those little dudes are fascinating to watch roll around. Some insects I could watch for hours.

My favorite part of the DC Zoo far and away was getting to see real leaf cutter ants doing their thing. Watching one come out of the nest, make it's way up to a "tree", get a leaf piece with some buds, then haul it back like a tiny sail.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Cocaine Bear posted:

But car AI, is it good or not? Please, help me get to the one definitive answer, goons!

Every time Waymo gives an update they seem to get more skeptical about being able to make a truly self driving car. They have probably orders of magnitude more research and testing than anyone else and they’re basically going “poo poo, it’ll be a while. This is hard.”

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Parallelwoody posted:

That's a legit no bullshit government account? I'm signed up for recall emails baby, marketing worked.

Yep, there was a news piece somewhere talking to the people who ran the account. They said they went that way because how the hell do you get people to pay attention to such a boring subject matter as product recalls and basic consumer\holiday safety? (Don't burn down your house frying a turkey.) It works, people follow for the wisdom of squirrels but accidentally hear about unsafe products.

My personal favorite:

e: Well gently caress, there it is. \/\/\/

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/justseekheIp/status/1314299100611911688?s=20

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Bape Culture posted:

How does that explain the hole behind the mirror? That’s not a normal thing to happen

Small medicine cabinet replaced with a larger mirror on the cheap? Used to be a big mirror on the other side as well maybe?

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/carterhambley/status/1387455545662115841?s=20

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Brandfarlig posted:

a disturbingly round person making weird noises at another very round person who seems disinterested. Which goonmeet was that again?

All of them?

https://twitter.com/Foone/status/1460719337468137472?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Cleretic posted:

Also, 1994 feels several years too late for Laserdisc releases to me.

Feels late, but Japan kept Laserdisc alive until 2001.

Flintstones was absolutely on laserdisc. I remember my dad adding to his collection until the late 90s.