Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Burkion posted:

You know what Marvel has always had a problem with?

Good music

You know what King of the Monsters just kicked the poo poo in with?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOO8Um_jmLI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGqeBGQs_fs

Bear McCreary is the best.

edit: To get the music on the new page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Burkion posted:

Good music

I'm so glad Bear McCreary is all successful and poo poo. He's cool.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Burkion posted:

Good music

I wouldn't say always, there are glimpses of good music throughout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF9wnw7fGQo

Alan Silvestri's soundtrack for Cap1 is excellent.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Burkion posted:

Good music

I don't even like Serj but this poo poo fuckin' rules. GOOOOOOOODZILLA

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Rewatching Civil War right now and I'm almost through, and Zemo is just about to explain his scheme. The way he leads in with how he studied the Avengers and prepared this great plan for one solid year is extremely funny to me. Imagine what Zemo could do with two years of planning!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Burkion posted:

Good music

These are good. But not as good as anything from the Alita soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K_CzTLFpAA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Xi8AuPbC4A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwM8tDSmmUY

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Sebastian Stan has only been in the good Marvel movies though.

He was in Infinity War. Theory busted.

Jenny Agutter posted:

It's fun dude. Might as well ask why people go to music festivals.

I've never been to a music festival, but the point seems to be to take drugs and gently caress everything that moves. That has a more obvious appeal.

SleepCousinDeath posted:

Yeah I doubt its better than the 20 minutes I saw of Brother Ali

Grendels Dad posted:

Rewatching Civil War right now and I'm almost through, and Zemo is just about to explain his scheme. The way he leads in with how he studied the Avengers and prepared this great plan for one solid year is extremely funny to me. Imagine what Zemo could do with two years of planning!

It was such a weird movie with weird priorities. It starts out as an ideological battle, then that gets forgotten, then there's the threat of what Bucky might do, then that gets forgotten, then it's just a personal grudge. Then it all gets resolved in five minutes. It's an aggressively pointless film. The apartment fight was okay, though.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Burkion posted:

Good music

That Blue Oyster Cult cover is amazing because it totally establishes a tone for what this film is going to be, and that tone is extremely my poo poo.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Movie owned.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Tart Kitty posted:

That Blue Oyster Cult cover is amazing because it totally establishes a tone for what this film is going to be, and that tone is extremely my poo poo.

"GOD-ZILLAH! Let's go let's go let's go!"
"GO BROLY GO!"

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Endgame spoilers:

Who the hell was that young guy behind Scarlet Witch at the funeral? I didn't recognize him at all. He was standing alone and had dark hair.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Endgame spoilers:

Who the hell was that young guy behind Scarlet Witch at the funeral? I didn't recognize him at all. He was standing alone and had dark hair.

Lol, third person I've seen ask this.

It's the kid from Iron Man 3.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

teagone posted:

Lol, third person I've seen ask this.

It's the kid from Iron Man 3.

Jesus. Is there anyone notable that didn't make an appearance? They even convinced Natalie Portman unless that was a fake.

Should've hamfisted Edward Norton in there somehow.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Jesus. Is there anyone notable that didn't make an appearance? They even convinced Natalie Portman unless that was a fake.

I think that was just footage from Thor: The Dark World, not new stuff. But maybe not, who the gently caress remembers anything from that movie?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Should've hamfisted Edward Norton in there somehow.

They should have Ed Norton but as Nova from Alita because that comic book movie is technically owned by Disney now.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
It's funny, I've been rolling my eyes at friends and ads fearmongering Avengers spoilers like really who gives a flying gently caress but now that I've actually read them and the plot in full I kinda do wanna see the movie

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

LesterGroans posted:

I think that was just footage from Thor: The Dark World, not new stuff. But maybe not, who the gently caress remembers anything from that movie?

someone said it was unused dark world footage which would make sense

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!

Punkin Spunkin posted:

It's funny, I've been rolling my eyes at friends and ads fearmongering Avengers spoilers like really who gives a flying gently caress but now that I've actually read them and the plot in full I kinda do wanna see the movie

I feared the spoilers because possible twists and surprises were the only thing that made me interested in the movie. Sitting through this 3 hour movie and knowing what happens would be incredibly boring. Because the movie is just as boring as any other MCU movie without the element of mystery.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Snowman_McK posted:

It was such a weird movie with weird priorities. It starts out as an ideological battle, then that gets forgotten, then there's the threat of what Bucky might do, then that gets forgotten, then it's just a personal grudge. Then it all gets resolved in five minutes. It's an aggressively pointless film. The apartment fight was okay, though.

It's kinda weird because the movie makes more sense if you focus more on Zemo and not on the Avengers' weird love triangle drama. At least Bucky's involvement and what he might do is all up to Zemo, who uses him to get Cap and Iron Man fighting. What I would like to know is what would have happened if Zemo had gotten everything he wanted from that former Hydra Agent in Cleveland. Like, it sounds like he would have skipped the terrorist bombing and whatnot, but how would he have gotten Cap and IM to Siberia? Dropping a letter with the threat of resurrecting the Winter Soldiers doesn't prime the Avengers for an emotional throw-down quite as much.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

R. Guyovich posted:

someone said it was unused dark world footage which would make sense
I think she filmed a cameo because she was on the red carpet at the premiere. Afterwards she was being interviewed and she said something like “I was surprised to get the call because my understanding was that I was done with the character but I’m glad because it was really fun.

One question I have, what about the Steve Rogers that crashed the plane? Did they leave him trapped in the ice since there was now another Captain America?

Mr. Apollo fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Apr 26, 2019

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Mr. Apollo posted:

One question I have, [spoiler]what about the Steve Rogers that crashed the plane? Did they leave him trapped in the ice since there was now another Captain America?

I assume that Future Cap just didn't let anyone know who he was and just lived a regular life? Nobody prior to the events of the first CA movie would have recognized him.
I dunno, it doesn't really make sense in the context of whichever movie it was that Cap went to visit old senile Peggy in the hospital, unless we're to believe that he abandoned her when her mind started going. The third act time fuckery seems to fly in the face of everything previous.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

raditts posted:

I assume that Future Cap just didn't let anyone know who he was and just lived a regular life? Nobody prior to the events of the first CA movie would have recognized him.
I dunno, it doesn't really make sense in the context of whichever movie it was that Cap went to visit old senile Peggy in the hospital, unless we're to believe that he abandoned her when her mind started going. The third act time fuckery seems to fly in the face of everything previous.

He created an alternate reality by staying the past, so it wasn't the main realities Peggy he was with. The main Peggy married someone else and died during Civil War. I'm guessing Cap's Peggy died recently too and he jumped back to our universe, presumably off screen once the small quantum tunnel machine had been set up but before it was used.

I'm also guessing that in that alternative reality he didn't just sit around doing nothing but rather helped Bucky early, told SHIELD to be wary of operation Paperclip. Etc.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

PriorMarcus posted:

He created an alternate reality by staying the past, so it wasn't the main realities Peggy he was with. The main Peggy married someone else and died during Civil War. I'm guessing Cap's Peggy died recently too and he jumped back to our universe, presumably off screen once the small quantum tunnel machine had been set up but before it was used.

I'm also guessing that in that alternative reality he didn't just sit around doing nothing but rather helped Bucky early, told SHIELD to be wary of operation Paperclip. Etc.

Okay, so going by that, then Thanos / evil Nebula created an alternate reality by coming to the future as well and dying there, right? So does that mean there's still a timeline where nobody got un-snapped? And that the one future where Strange saw victory was entirely dependent on time fuckery? This is making my head hurt.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

raditts posted:

Okay, so going by that, then Thanos / evil Nebula created an alternate reality by coming to the future as well and dying there, right? So does that mean there's still a timeline where nobody got un-snapped? And that the one future where Strange saw victory was entirely dependent on time fuckery? This is making my head hurt.

The "time travel" is actually just creating duplicate universes. So there's one universe where Thanos disappears before he can do anything, one universe where Loki wins in Avengers 1, one universe where whatever happens in Thor 2 doesn't happen, etc.

The part that doesn't make sense is when Steve says he'll return each stone to their respective universe. That's not actually possible, according to their own rules.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Gatts posted:

"GOD-ZILLAH! Let's go let's go let's go!"
"GO BROLY GO!"

I'm glad I'm not the only person who thought this.

Anyway, I wonder if they'll respond.
https://twitter.com/IntelligenTom/status/1121796610516668419

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Regarding Dark Phoenix -

quote:

the filmmakers decided to revamp the look of Phoenix in post (more “cosmic” and less “flamy,” according to the director) and shoot a new third act (instead of taking place in space, the climax finds all the X-Men kidnapped and on board a military train).

A train sounds so much more exciting than outer space. :jerkbag:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

What a clusterfuck.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Mordiceius posted:

Regarding Dark Phoenix -

A train sounds so much more exciting than outer space. :jerkbag:

Wait, the train scene they've been showing in the trailers is the climax? Yeesh.

edit: Also, I can't help but laugh at, "Make her look more cosmic. Also, cut the space poo poo."

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

thrawn527 posted:

Wait, the train scene they've been showing in the trailers is the climax? Yeesh.

:lol:

Christ, I was just thinking that - it looks so loving boring.

Goddamn.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
On the plus side, Feige has his hands on X-Men/F4 now (at least any potential future installments) so we won't see anymore of this "make it less comic book" stuff Hollywood keeps committing.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Justin Godscock posted:

On the plus side, Feige has his hands on X-Men/F4 now (at least any potential future installments) so we won't see anymore of this "make it less comic book" stuff Hollywood keeps committing.

On the negative side, X-Men and the Fantastic Four being folded into the MCU is just one step closer to the homogenization of pop culture under the influence of a singular corporate entity's oversight.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Justin Godscock posted:

they didn't even let thanos be horny for death

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

About half the X Men films have been good and none of them would have happened inside the MCU, I'd take Fox's haphazard and relatively relaxed handling of their properties over Marvel's enforced homogeneity and endless sequel baiting anytime.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

quote:

more “cosmic” and less “flamy,”

Sounds like an influx of "Fant4stic Green".

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Mr. Apollo posted:

I think she filmed a cameo because she was on the red carpet at the premiere. Afterwards she was being interviewed and she said something like “I was surprised to get the call because my understanding was that I was done with the character but I’m glad because it was really fun.

Just got confirmation on this: https://ew.com/movies/2019/04/26/avengers-endgame-natalie-portman/

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
In what can only be described as :irony:, today is also World Intellectual Property Day.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Edward Mass posted:

In what can only be described as :irony:, today is also World Intellectual Property Day.

Heh.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Has it ever been explained how the entire MCU universe can understand and speak English/whatever other languages are dubbed or is it just ignored? I don't remember anyone mentioning it or being surprised that this alien speaks the same language as someone from Earth.

Edit: Different languages being spoken on Earth just raises further questions.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Apr 26, 2019

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
I can't remember that ever being adressed but isn't the implication everyone in space has universal translation technology?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

YaketySass posted:

I can't remember that ever being adressed but isn't the implication everyone in space has universal translation technology?

That sounds familiar. Did Fury ask Captain Marvel how they could understand each other?