Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
So I was in the audience when Snyder revealed this existed. I was the first person in line for autographs at that event. I was standing right of frame in the video where he tells that guy "it exists".

You could call me a "Snyderbro" for loving sure.

The thing is, I dont care if it sucks, Im just happy that if it does....its at least Zacks movie that sucks and is being judged.

Fabian Wagner(Cinematographer) cried at the premiere of JL because the movie he spent a year or more of his life working on was not the movie being shown. I cant imagine how lovely that must feel as an artist, to be judged for something you didnt make.

Im just happy they get to have their work seen and finished, flaws and all. If its bad, its bad and thats ok. But its THEIR movie thats bad, not someone elses with their names slapped on it.

As a turbonerd snyderbro who is fully prepared for dissapointment what truly makes me happy is a group of deserving filmmakers I respect get to have their work realized, seen and judged by audiences the way they wanted it to when they set out on the long, arduous and difficult experience of making movie like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

AccountSupervisor posted:

So I was in the audience when Snyder revealed this existed. I was the first person in line for autographs at that event. I was standing right of frame in the video where he tells that guy "it exists".

The thing is, I dont care if it sucks, Im just happy that if it does....its at least Zacks movie that sucks and is being judged.

Fabian Wagner(Cinematographer) cried at the premiere of JL because the movie he spent a year or more of his life working on was not the movie being shown. I cant imagine how lovely that must feel as an artist, to be judged for something you didnt make.

Im just happy they get to have their work seen and finished, flaws and all. If its bad, its bad and thats ok. But its THEIR movie thats bad, not someone elses with their names slapped on it.

As a turbonerd snyderbro who is fully prepared for dissapointment what truly makes me happy is a group of deserving filmmakers I respect get to have their work realized, seen and judged by audiences the way they wanted it to when they set out on the long, arduous and difficult experience of making movie like this.

Hell yes.

Justice 4 Ray Fisher.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

How many people actually have HBO/HBO Max here btw?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

RBA Starblade posted:

Me.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Honestly years later and I still can barely believe that the company that put together the Suicide Squad trailer got final cut rights. That's so twisted even the Joker would think that's too hosed up.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

RBA Starblade posted:

HBO Max launches in a week.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

If was never confirmed if the Reeves/Pattinson Batman film takes place in continuity with Man of Steel/BvS right? I can't find any solid information on that.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Edward Mass posted:

HBO Now is basically getting converted into it - Max costs the same price and Now users are getting Max for free. They’re probably sunsetting Now soon.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

teagone posted:

If was never confirmed if the Reeves/Pattinson Batman film takes place in continuity with Man of Steel/BvS right? I can't find any solid information on that.

It seems like they're playing fast and loose with the continuity. Taking parts they like and ignoring what they don't feel like using. I suppose you can hand wave it away with "This one takes place in a slightly different Earth."

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Jose Oquendo posted:

It seems like they're playing fast and loose with the continuity. Taking parts they like and ignoring what they don't feel like using. I suppose you can hand wave it away with "This one takes place in a slightly different Earth."

Good enough for me! Haha.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, DC's current status on canon, aside from the new Joker, just seems to be "It can be in the same universe if you want but any contradictions are not a big deal" which is basically how comic books actually handle it.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, DC's current status on canon, aside from the new Joker, just seems to be "It can be in the same universe if you want but any contradictions are not a big deal" which is basically how comic books actually handle it.

Yea plus it opens it up for things similar to Joker that definitely aren't continuity but are just potentially cool takes on the characters. I have a hard time figuring out how Marvel would fit in something like that although we may find out depending on what they do with Deadpool

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Guy A. Person posted:

Yea plus it opens it up for things similar to Joker that definitely aren't continuity but are just potentially cool takes on the characters. I have a hard time figuring out how Marvel would fit in something like that although we may find out depending on what they do with Deadpool

Marvel's kind of doing that with their "What If" series on Disney+, which does look pretty cool imo.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Guy A. Person posted:

I think if Marvel really wanted to they could just go "Uh, turns out the infinity gem caper REALLY hosed up time so now there are in fact alternate timelines. In this one the X-Men movies happened and in THIS one the other X-Men movies happened." They probably won't because The Brand Is All for Marvel movies at this point.

(Maybe if New Mutants does super well and they need an excuse to fold it into the ma-hahahaa sorry that movie's never coming out.)

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Edward Mass posted:

Oh

Well then lol

How many people plan on paying for that subscription service?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Guy A. Person posted:

depending on what they do with Deadpool

Hah, you think they're doing anything with him

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

teagone posted:

Marvel's kind of doing that with their "What If" series on Disney+, which does look pretty cool imo.

Thanks for reminding me about this. I'm looking forward to seeing Captain Carter.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

RBA Starblade posted:

Oh

Well then lol

Most people who sub to HBO through a cable provider will have free access to HBO Max. HBO Now subs are being converted to HBO Max. I have no idea what's going to happen to HBO Go.

hiddenriverninja posted:

I'm looking forward to seeing Captain Carter.

:same:

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Burkion posted:

Hah, you think they're doing anything with him

:ohdear:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

teagone posted:

Most people who sub to HBO through a cable provider will have free access to HBO Max. HBO Now subs are being converted to HBO Max. I have no idea what's going to happen to HBO Go.

HBO Go is going to continue to exist as long as there are MVPDs that haven't made a deal for HBO Max, but have for HBO Go.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Edward Mass posted:

I guess I should have said "Why would there be two director's cuts for Suicide Squad? This isn't Blade Runner."

There isn't a director's cut of Suicide Squad available, the blu ray is just a slightly extended version of the theatrical.
It still has the out of place music and the bizarre choice of making it look like the squad is sent out at the same time as Enchantress, rather then as the response to her breaking free.
Also Ayer's cut would hopefully have more Joker.

Love that Joker.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I predict that the Snyder cut will be better than the theatrical release

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

ImpAtom posted:

It's funny because in the comics Marvel's stance has been "Everything started 20ish years ago, and also everything that was shown happening happened, including e.g. Charles Xavier being in the Korean war." And DC has done the much dumber thing of repeated universe shattering cataclysms to try and rationalized all the time-expansion nonsense.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
I wonder what marvel will do going forward. They seem to like making everything all “official”. What if in x years time they get an offer like the joker movie with a great actor or maybe another movie with a great writer director or a unique take on it that doesn’t fit in the established canon. Would they do a “marvel black” or “one off” (like the what if but that’s just a cartoon)

I mean the MCU is fun but it wouldn’t allow a Logan, or hell even a days of future past, and definitely not a joker at the moment.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Edward Mass posted:

HBO Go is going to continue to exist as long as there are MVPDs that haven't made a deal for HBO Max, but have for HBO Go.

That makes sense. I guess more of the localized cable providers won't be converting HBO Go access to HBO Max access anytime soon.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Patrick Spens posted:

It's funny because in the comics Marvel's stance has been "Everything started 20ish years ago, and also everything that was shown happening happened, including e.g. Charles Xavier being in the Korean war." And DC has done the much dumber thing of repeated universe shattering cataclysms to try and rationalized all the time-expansion nonsense.

There was a recent History of the Marvel Universe mini-series where they literally create a new country that is just a perpetual Vietnam war, and all previous stories that were set in Vietnam happened there.

Also Vietnam still happened as normal.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
Jesus really? Like I don't have a super high opinion of current Marvel, but that's really really stupid.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

RBA Starblade posted:

Oh

Well then lol

I'm gonna have it day one since I'm an HBO subscriber through DirecTV.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Roth posted:

There was a recent History of the Marvel Universe mini-series where they literally create a new country that is just a perpetual Vietnam war, and all previous stories that were set in Vietnam happened there.

Also Vietnam still happened as normal.

What? I thought they had moved characters with origins in Vietnam to the Gulf War.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Fiendish Wong-Chu, you done hosed up now.

Whale Vomit
Nov 10, 2004

starving in the belly of a whale
its ribs are ceiling beams
its guts are carpeting
I guess we have some time to kill

AccountSupervisor posted:

Yeah such a shame to see a white male director have his artistic vision stifled and Ayn Randian themes removed. Good for you if you're really into this, but the "Release" campaign was peak nerd scree.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Now that's a spicy meatball

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Yes. It is a shame when a director doesn't get to release the movie they wanted. This is CineD.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Whale Vomit posted:

Yeah such a shame to see a white male director have his artistic vision stifled and Ayn Randian themes removed. Good for you if you're really into this, but the "Release" campaign was peak nerd scree.

Hello bait how are you

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Whale Vomit posted:

How was Robert Downey Jr.? I've heard he's really nice at the press conferences you get to go to if you shill for Disney.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Whale Vomit posted:

I think it's nice that your user name reflects your posting content as well

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Whale Vomit posted:

They posted something really nice and you had to poo poo all over them, yeah the Snyder posters are the toxic ones for sure dude.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Is Wong-Chu what they renamed Fu Manchu to after they lost the rights?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Wong-chu and his penchant for kung fu trickery