Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Burkion posted:

It is Corporate Approved Wokeness

I like this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Fart City posted:

Got a nice car tho

Rather be in a purple Lamborghini

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Goyer and Terrio wrote the Snyder dc movies

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Out of curiosity what would be legitimate for best visual fx this year?

Hereditary

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Aces High posted:

perhaps this is the reason the Marvel movies are getting noms, gotta give some loving to Disney

The Oscars are gunna be hosted by the mcu actos as well lol

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Just announced: The Oscars are now known as Disney's Marvel's Golden Men Awards

win a Stark statuette

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Chairman Capone posted:

Didn't James Wan say that he specifically ditched Whedon's conception of Aquaman?

Apparently Wan went as far as reaching out to Snyder to get opinions on how to make him more like Snyders version.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Instead of Shaw they should have Statham play Chelios

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Lol

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

When did that happen? I got bored after an hour or so and zoned out waiting for something fun or interesting to happen, don't really remember much of the dialogue across the middle.

NTRabbit posted:

And I didn't walk out after 10 minutes, I watched the whole thing, you're confusing me with the other poster.

No you didnt.

Next you'll be asking why batman wore power armor.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

My brain is fine, it's just a boring movie. There's no fun outside of the opening battle, it's just dour and joyless.

Lol

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Burkion posted:

Was NTR the one obsessed with RT scores last year or so?

Because I seem to remember that

You talking the comprehensive super graphs by BoobMarley? Those owned.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Crows Turn Off posted:

Michael Shannon killed it as Zod.

One my favorite villains because of the energy he brings.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

You basically know he's gonna knock it out of the park when he does that "I WILL FIND HIM" delivery as he's being sent to the phantom zone. There's like 2 guys on the planet that could've delivered the lines that way and pulled it off.

It's an incredible line read.

The way he tears into the council is also fantastic.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

McCloud posted:

As much as I like Snyder, having Jimmy Olsen get his brains blown out was such a dumb take. Why even have it in the movie? I legit think that's probably the dumbest choice across both movies

I thought bad CIA spy Jimmy was funny.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

None of what you are saying makes sense to me. I don't see the problem with that shot.

For me it's how boring and lifeless the whole screenshot looks. No sense of motion or awe for the fact a giant purple alien has a demigods axe buried in his chest.

Thors cape is straight down. Thanos looks unbothered by his injury. Not even a breeze in the forest. Just sterile feeling.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

ruddiger posted:

Isn't there supposed to be a massive battle happening a few yards away too?

You can see Wanda in the background of the screencap knocked out on the ground.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

Mystique is good when she looks like a sexy alien.

Mystique is bad when she looks like a human painted blue.

2a) I can't even believe I have to say this:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Hey now, they apparently got Stan to record a bunch of cameo appearances for future MCU films before he died, maybe they got him to write a bunch of tweets about upcoming films as well.

Cover story for all the digital Stans we will get in until the death of the universe.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Tiger posted:

No, read the article again: he loves peach so much he could kill.

(They might fix it soon but it actually said that)

They keep saying the dceu is dead, but now they're adding a villain created by granny's peach tea?!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'd definitely agree that CineD has more posters that are willing to criticize or outright dislike marvel movies than most parts of the internet.

However, it wasnt just cined calling infinity war bloated, sloppy, lacking in imagination, lacking stakes, mediocre, etc.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Burkion posted:

I want Disney to fail but that's because I loving hate Disney and what they do and how they are

So you know

:hmmyes:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

CityMidnightJunky posted:

By overwhelming opinion, of course, you mean you. Along with a couple of weirdos on one thread on one website. Everyone else thought the movie was really good, and that Thanos was a great villian, because it was and he is.

It wasnt just folks here but ok

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Gunn was already hired to do another major blockbuster at WB. Ruined? Far from it.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

LesterGroans posted:

...does everyone in this thread have that made-up piss disease from the Seinfeld episode?

I always get super confident about my bladder when these derails happen. I can make it through a whole movie without even the urge to pee.... and drink a water!

*puts on cape*

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Its gunna be an anthology series set in different time frames. Hiddlestone will be in the beginning and ending of every episode while other actors portray Loki during the episode. That way they can film hiddlestones stuff in a few hours and save money.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Intel&Sebastian posted:

the gently caress

that sounds awful and I hope you're just making it up

Lol I was making it up, but welp

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Flying Zamboni posted:

Yeah, he looks like some kind of ghoul. I am pleasantly surprised by them going with a scarier Joker look that isn't just lazy creepy clown makeup.

The show has done crazy guy is joker, scarred face joker, joker having his face cut off, super intelligent guy in makeup joker, and now acid bath joker.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Whalley posted:

That already sucked on Smallville why would they want to do Smallville again

On Gotham a guy murders ppl by attaching them to balloons and letting them float away. He is not a joker.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I did hear they did a bunch of Joker fake-outs, but it seems to go well with the very Morrison-style comics idea that the Joker is a phenomenon rather than an individual, and there can be as many as three at one time who either don't acknowledge each others' existence or don't care.

The funny thing about this is almost all (maybe all?) the jokers have been played by the same actor, and after he died for real (it was like 4th time he died haha) the actor started playing his twin brother, lol.

It's a weird over the top soap opera.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

LesterGroans posted:

Gotham's a funny pastiche of Adam West era, Burton era and Schumacher era.

I used to have a roommate who watched all of those superhero TV shows and it easily rose above every crappy CW show.

I watch almost all the crappy super hero shows and Gotham is easily top tier compared to even the best seasons of the rest. Bad costumes and all.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

teagone posted:

Hey guys, I think Endgame is actually going to make lots of money! I know, what a hot take. Careful, don't cut yourself with how edgy this post is.

:razz:

I'm curious to know who thinks it wont.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I remember the tree being exploded. That's about it

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I remember Michelle Rodriguez lookin' a snack

Haha legit dont remember her at all in the movie.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The thing that weirds me out is that the whole thing has an extremely 90's vibe to it, like the acting, the casting, the music, the plot being a 1995 Disney film

Ferngully isnt a Disney movie tho.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I mean that's way better than them trying to mangle a story about alcoholism in a Disney movie.

Itd amount to something like, "I did all 12 steps in a day thanks to my sobrium compound!"

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

w0o0o0o posted:

New Joker movie looks like a really interesting take on the comic formula. Got strong vibes of Nightcrawler from it, a kind of twisted rags to riches story.

Until now I thought this was going to be about Jared Leto's Marilyn Manson Joker so definitely more interested in seeing it now than before! Is it going to be part of the main DC -shitshow canon or more a standalone thing?

Standalone. Leto is in Harley's new movie

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

The whole DCEU is very confusing right now. Leto's Joker is out, but his Harley is getting a big budget team-up movie? And in that same year a completely different Joker is being introduced?

Is the plan to eventually connect the two and have the Phoenix Joker replace Leto in the DCEU going forward? Is there even a plan at this point?

Leto joker is still in.

Phoenix joker is a standalone

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
https://twitter.com/Borys_Kit/statu...ingawful.com%2F

Lol

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Darko posted:

We have Happy! and Doom Patrol on that both own their Morrison influences. I'll sacrifice New X Men for that, especially since First Class is as close as we could ever get in the current film landscape, sadly.

Doom Patrol is a delight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Telling Lucrecia Martel not too worry about action scenes because they have people to do it for her as well.

E: I'm dumb

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jun 12, 2019