Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

The One Perfect Shot account will post anything that meets the following very stringent criteria for perfection:

1. Someone or something is framed right at the center of the shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Sir Kodiak posted:

Is this watchable if I haven't seen the TV show? I've heard good things about it and am curious about the Adam West Batman thing, but not sure I want to dig into a whole series.

It's absolutely watchable without seeing the series. There's no continuity or callbacks or anything, it's just a very fun time.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Do the best of both worlds and do a Batman RIP adaptation where Pattinson is Batman for most of the runtime but Meloni is the Batman of Zur-En-Arr and Batmite.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Guy A. Person posted:

There was a good while where the dude couldn't talk about anything except Batman.

Someone buy Ben Affleck an account he'll fit right in here!

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Oasx posted:

Since when is Titanic a cinematic experience? Everybody considered it a joke when it was released.

Titanic was absolutely huge when it was released. Yes you'd get people poking fun at the corniness of the romance but the scale and spectacle of the back half of the movie when the boat starts going down was very impressive at the time.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

NikkolasKing posted:

Surprised they don't adapt the more "Western" anime like Cowboy Bebop or Trigun.

They've been kicking around Bebop for awhile and I wouldn't be too surprised if it finally gets off the ground in the event of an adaptation boom.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Just leave the movies running and remember to tweet "woah, epic!" or "lol, these quips are on point" every ten minutes while you go about your day and that $1000 is yours easy.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

He looks like a hosed up Uncle Fester in the first pic, it kinda rules

Yeah, he looks like some kind of ghoul. I am pleasantly surprised by them going with a scarier Joker look that isn't just lazy creepy clown makeup.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Fart City posted:

They don’t have to do anything. I don’t really give a poo poo about canon. I’m saying I personally think it would be interesting to have such a grounded take segway into something more cartoonish at the end.

I only want them to do the chemical vat stuff if he crawls out as a dead on impression of Cesar Romero's Joker and for the last 20 minutes of the movie he's running around as this completely harmless goofball.

Eventually Batman closes in and punches him and there's a big onscreen "BLAMMO!" graphic that transitions into the credits.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Gatts posted:

Why didn't he just Karate Chop their necks rendering them unconscious?

With the wonders of modern technology we can create what I believe is an accurate simulation of Batman using his incredible martial arts skills to take down everyone in the warehouse with a series of punishing, yet non-lethal blows:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUcn5b8JG0A

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Yeah I mean I don't want him to be stuck doing blockbusters forever but hopefully he can get more passion projects made as a result. Let's not forget he has a movie coming out later this year where he plays a boy's imaginary friend: Hitler.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

I like the suit for Batfleck. He's a squat lil muscle weirdo and it works great for his character in BvS.

I think that of the three Nolan movies I only really like the batsuit in Rises because the awkwardness of movement helps sell Bale's Batman as past his prime and tired. It doesn't work as well in the other two when he's supposed to be on top of his game.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

He'll finally make The Judge 2: Return of The Judge.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Schwarzwald posted:

Hey, it worked for Metal Gear Solid.

You know, the Wachowskis would probably do a pretty good MGS adaptation because they wouldn't shy away from either the weird stuff or the unsubtle political stuff.

Flying Zamboni fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Sep 29, 2019

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Oasx posted:

Besides being bad, it was really odd to see how much body horror was in that Fantastic Four movie, it was completely missing the point of the property.

A movie should do whatever is interesting when adapting material and not be beholden to some strict rubric that keeps it perfectly in line with what it's adapting. I think exploring the horror of their bodies being radically altered is an interesting place to take things and as mentioned is even covered pretty extensively in the comics with The Thing.

It's just a shame the back half of the movie falls apart so quickly and doesn't follow through on the more promising first act.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

My criticism of Interstellar is the same as when it came out: they let McConaughey say "murph" and "slick" one too many times.

I feel that this was counterbalanced by him saying "TARS" a bunch.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Just have him meet everyone from the MCU but they’re obscured by flowers/balloons/lampposts.
OR
Played by just normal people like a tim and eric sketch.

The only MCU characters present are Edward Norton Hulk and Terrence Howard War Machine.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

A lot of good men were turned into frogs in Wizard Vietnam.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

galenanorth posted:

Yeah, that plot sounds more typical of a middle-of-season episode of a TV series.

I'd like to see a movie that's just a series of low-stakes short stories or whatever with a cinematic budget

I'm hoping that this is what the Pattinson Batman is going to end up being. I'm sure it'll end up as another "blow up Gotham City" plot but I have my fingers crossed.

I don't expect a series of low stakes unrelated stories but an overall focus on Batman figuring out a relatively low stakes mystery would be cool.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Mulva posted:

Man you could put that movie on mute and it's loving amazing.

I think it's good with sound to! Reeves is not good in it since the accent is a huge distraction every time he talks but the visuals and all around genuine weirdness make it really unique in a good way.

Also, I grabbed the reprint of the comic adaptation of the movie with art by Mike Mignola last year and it's a strong recommend.

I mean look at this:

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Luke Hemsworth is kept imprisoned on the set of Westworld but don't worry; craft services keeps his bucket of fish heads fresh at all times so he's pretty docile.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

McCloud posted:

He also hangs around multiple forums spreading crack pot rumors bruce wayne is batman, to muddle the waters

Forums user Bat Ears Triangular posting incoherent diagrams about the inverted Wayne theory.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

I'm definitely not going to go see it in theaters but I'll rent it just to see the last X-Men movie made before the buyout. Everything from here on out is just going to be MCU Franchise #25.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

I like more of the Fox X-Men movies than I don't, and stuff like Logan or Deadpool would absolutely not happen under Disney. Deadpool might keep going since it's been making good money but I wouldn't expect anything new from them to be even remotely risky.

New Mutants is probably not great but it looks to be going for a different tone than anything Disney has put out and if there are going to be a million super hero movies I'd rather that some of them try to have their own identity.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

McCloud posted:

WB "announced" an animated film starring Mamoa called Frosty the snowman, with Geoff Johns as a producer, iirc, all made up to divert attention from Rays accusations

"OH BRO, I can't pass up the opportunity to finally play Frosty the Snowman! I better go along with this." - Jason Momoa in Geoff Johns' imagination when he was coming up with this plan.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Walter Goggins always plays super progressive characters even though he's a die-hard Republican.

I don't see anything anywhere about him being a republican and I don't think I've ever seen him play a character I'd call remotely progressive.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Gatts posted:

Walton Goggins is a great actor and his performances imo can steal the show.

He absolutely rules. I hope he continues to work with Jody Hill and company in the future as well, he juggles comedy and drama so well he's a perfect fit for the kind of stuff Hill makes.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Get Kyle McLaughlin to play both Doom and Mr. Fantastic.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Everyone posted:

"I'm the best there is at what I do and what I do is recruit people into my money-sucking con job of a cult."

Cast Tom Cruise in a DC movie instead as Glorious Godfrey.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Oasx posted:

How can anyone be surprised that a big corporation is supporting the politics that will benefit them the most? Disney is doing what 99% of all big corporations are doing.

The politics that benefit them the most are bad, that's why people get mad about it.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

I knew that they'd never do it, but I was really hoping Iron Man would go out the way he does in the Infinity Gauntlet comic: getting his head unceremoniously ripped off of his body.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Unmature posted:

I was annoyed nobody got cubed

Yeah, there were a lot of missed opportunities. You're undoing everything with a magic wish in the next movie, go crazy!

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

I enjoyed the Watchmen TV show's portrayal of old Ozymandias as someone who, being successful in his life's work, drops any pretence of being altruistic in his goals and is just arrogant and bitter toward people who are not sufficiently grateful to him for killing millions of people.

To me it was a natural place to go with the character given how he's written in the comic.

I had problems with the show and some of the plot around his character but I though they nailed that aspect of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

josh04 posted:

The comic strongly suggests that Ozymandias is motivated for his mass murder in large part by the Comedian having humiliated him that one time.

The drawing of Ozymandias' face when he's about to throw the Comedian out of the window is one of the best in the comic.