Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Joker movie looks actually more interesting every time I see it.

They should call it Joker: The Apology as it's clearly that for whatever the gently caress Jared Leto was doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

pospysyl posted:

Agents of Shield sounds impossibly bad. I could not imagine a stupider show. At least the Minions movie had a good sense to say that the minions never worked for Hitler.

Quite the reverse of that actually. It started clunky as hell but a lot of the reason is everything leading up to the last 6 episodes of the 1st season was pretty much entirely bullshit. The show got vastly, vastly better after that and it's actually really good. Characters actually get a lot of development and it's one I'd recommend.. but you need to be aware the first like 17 episodes are not representative of the show later on.

That said a lot of those early episodes are much better in hindsight. There's one episode that almost made me quit the show because of how stupid a character seemed to be acting and a love triangle romance plot and both got flipped on their head so hard it exploded a few episodes later; turns out the character wasn't even being dumb given the goals revealed shortly afterwards.

I'd say some of the fight choreography is on par with the good the Netflix stuff too. By season 3 it's really drat polished.

ED: Just in case anyone who's seen the show isn't sure what the gently caress I was talking about being vague:
I'm talking about the plot where Ward is told about a mind control alien and to wear hearing protection, then immediately takes it off and walks right up. It's the same episode where he reveals he loves Skye despite banging May. When it turns out Ward is a hydra sociopath that's pretty much off the deep end obsessed with Skye and is loving May only so she doesn't pay attention to him loving over the rest of SHIELD, him walking up to a monstrous alien and trying to be it's buddy also makes sense: he's trying to recruit her to join Hydra.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jan 11, 2019

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Edward Mass posted:

Superman asked Batman if he bled made me say "Oh poo poo!" aloud in a theater.

Was that the precise moment how loving Goddamn dumb the movie was and how much it failed to live up to TDKR in every conceivable way?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

https://twitter.com/ZackSnyder/status/1101545737186205696

Goddammit Zack, don't play with my heart like this.

I can wholeheartedly say his Dawn of the Dead remake is MUCH better in the Director's Cut. I watched that first and really liked it, then watched the normal version with a friend later when we rented it and was like "What the gently caress is this chopped up poo poo?"

I mean it's one of those cuts that's actually good at fixing the movie. If I recall they cut an entire 3 minute sequence of them getting into the mall - one of the better sequences - and go straight to a toilet going through a window.

Yeah a bit of an aside, but definitely watch the Director's Cut or not at all.