Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

They're both negative terms people attach to companies who make films but one is used by Nazis to complain that films aren't promoting fascism and the other is used by people who aren't Nazis to make a complaint that isn't about a lack of fascism so they're not really the same (in that one is bad)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Pirate Jet posted:

“Woke washing” takes from “white washing,” which is a criticism of a group being too white. You wouldn’t criticize something for being too woke.

That use of "white washing" is kind of a pun? Generally people use "white washing" to mean covering up something embarrassing, like the paint. That's why "woke washing" works, the woke is being used as a cover for inherently regressive ideas.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Blazing Ownager posted:

They should call it Joker: The Apology as it's clearly that for whatever the gently caress Jared Leto was doing.

Why would DC apologise for having Jared Leto rule and kick rear end?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

The best part for me is that you can literally play as Leto Joker in PUBG, they've got licensed character models for him and Harley that cost £25 each.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Detective No. 27 posted:

It reminds me of that Beauty and the Beast adaptation from earlier this decade where the Beast was just some pale dude with a few face tattoos.

Funny way to describe Suicide Squad.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Detective No. 27 posted:

You mean the Suicide Squad that won an Academy Award for makeup?

It's a good-rear end film, I'm just goofing around.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

pospysyl posted:

a billionaire weapons manufacturer inducting a child into the military industrial complex as a paramilitary soldier.
________________________ /

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Cythereal posted:

That's kind of the point of Thanos regarding Tony's character arc. Tony's known ever since Avengers that one day Thanos and his armies would come to Earth, and he was desperate for anything that might stop Thanos and save the world. That knowledge and PTSD from Avengers is what prompted Ultron, and the suit building spree in IM3. I can't even hold Tony recruiting Peter Parker against him, because when Thanos comes knocking he does not give a poo poo how old you are or how ready you don't feel you are, he is going to kill half the cosmos unless he is stopped.

Tony Stark posted:

I exist only to protect Earth from Thanos. That is the sole purpose for which I was born. And every action I take, no matter how violent or how cruel, is for the greater good of my people.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

"You can rent this house, Mr Trank, for the duration of the filming process. I only ask one thing, that you take care of my twin loves: my priceless antique sofa made of bacon and my collection of sealed vintage chew toys."

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

A fine example of the "rule of thirds" (there are three people in the shot).

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

The limited edition Suicide Squad Joker and Harley PUBG skins only went off sale yesterday.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

They're the bad guys. It's what they do.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

wyoming posted:

I'd love to see Ayer's cut of Suicide Squad, like, it's a fun and awesome movie despite being butchered, however it'd be nice to see the proper version, Steppenwolf or no.

And I dunno, I'm pretty apprehensive about Gunn doing the #skwad, a huge part of the appeal of Ayer's film is how sincere it all is, while Gunn seems like he should have died from irony poisoning in the 90s.
But maybe he'll get Batista as Bane or Grundy.

I'd probably take Ayer's Suicide Squad cut over the Snyder JL cut, seeing as the latter's part one of three so you're stuck in the land of what-could-have-been either way, and Suicide Squad is so nearly there..

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I find it fascinating that people are hypervigilant about all the people Superman callously does not save in a fight to the death, but are now having casual conversations about how genocide may heal the Earth.

We could save a large number of citizens, down some of our deeper mine-shafts!

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

I said come in! posted:

I'm waiting to read about how it's canon now that Thanos is just misunderstood and a kind gentle person this entire time. He just wanted to make sure kittens were safe or something.

Infinity War, second post credits. Thanos just wanted to be a farmer.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

I unironically love the way it won't save the life of a man falling out of a building without scanning his barcode first, and I love the way the shot sets it up like he's perfectly willing to fry some regular joes to slow his descent.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

CityMidnightJunky posted:

Yeah I've mentioned this before, Snyder films make great trailers and still shots. But horrendous movies. A lot of people here seem to think the visuals are all a film is, which is why they can't accept the strengths of the MCU.

No, there's sounds too.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Grendels Dad posted:

As I said, it's even worse/better in motion:

Also a fan of Thor's invisible bicycle.

This is cropped a little? Surely they didn't clip Hawkeye's hair out of the shot in the actual movie?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

While furiously denying that he has done or that it's even possible.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Eh, I liked Broly but it really just has Bardock say "Wow, I have a sudden inexplicable sense that the planet's going to be destroyed. Let's shoot the kid into space, and if I'm wrong we'll go get him."

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

There's nothing specific to Bardock that makes him disposed to think differently to the rest of the Saiyans, though. There's no reason he should be more or less suspicious of Frieza than the rest of them, in the way that Jor-el is a Kryptonian radical. Bardock just does.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

sean10mm posted:

e: The Reeves Superman run literally ends with forced worldwide nuclear disarmament lmao

Disarmament turns out to be a big mistake though!

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

I don't really expect that's the reason.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Can someone confirm or deny that Captain Marvel is a witty 90's kid? I'm holding out for her to be a witty 90's kid.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

I hope that's what happens. That would be sweet.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

They've got a whole movie to set it up in. However they manage it, I just want a full-on early Wonder Woman scene where she gives a speech about how men are idiots, then teaches Thanos about submission.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Darkman!

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Martman posted:

That Avengers shot sucks, it follows the Rule of Two which is far inferior to the Rule of Three.

Scarlet Witch is visible between Thor and Thanos.

V - the statue in that shot is serving a similar purpose.

josh04 fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Feb 24, 2019

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

This isn't going to be a one-off movie, it's the first of a tsunami of Hanna Barbera movies and sequels and tie-ins.

I met a traveller from an antique land,

Who said—“You know there was an animated Scooby Doo film in the cinema that had Tracy Morgan in? And it was supposed to kick-start a whole universe? Wow."

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's not even the fifth craziest thing Scooby-Doo has done

They're making a movie that finally follows up on the cut-short 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo series.

Hey, I'm sure Ozymandias had hits that weren't the statue.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Whaaaat.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Fart City posted:

Hans Gruber had a perfectly logical motivation. He lost because he fell out of a loving skyscraper.

Come now. He lost because he ran out of time.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Patrick Spens posted:

Yeah, but BSS is much more in line with the movie buying public.

The people of BSS buy comics, which makes them very atypical indeed.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Cease to Hope posted:

he never had his own movie (and his two movies are not good but that's more Snydome territory)

Not sure which of BvS, Justice League and Suicide Squad you're skipping out on here, but Batfleck is a delight in all three.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

If only there were a director with a track record of transfering complex panel arrangements to the big screen intact...

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Why'd they change the hair colour on top right?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Aces High posted:

Ah yes, the golden days if YouTube when you opened 10 tabs to watch a movie and got then all pre-buffered.

How come that isn't a thing anymore? I used to watch movies during graveyard shifts that way

A combination of factors, partly not wanting people to fish completed copyright streams out of their cache driving innovation in streaming methods which didn't keep a full cache, party streaming sites not wanting to waste bandwidth sending you the full video if you weren't watching, and partly adaptive bitrate stuff which scales the quality up and down depending on the detected bandwidth and play rate - so you aren't necessarily recieving one complete file.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Didn't Falcon die in Civil War?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

thrawn527 posted:

Didn't Bucky?

It's agreed, Black Widow to be the new Captain America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

teagone posted:

I've recently been saying that Stark and Pym have held back the human race in the MCU by not sharing their tech with the rest of the world. Their hubris is what makes Earth defenseless and vulnerable against greater threats. If they pooled and shared their knowledge with the greatest minds on the Earth, poo poo would probably be loving Stark Trek levels by now.

The end of the world will continue to intervene to prevent the end of capitalism for as long as is necessary.