Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Fart City posted:

What is Tatum’s weird boner for Gambit? Like who is pining for that?

He wants that Ryan Reynolds/Deadpool heat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

ungulateman posted:

man is big and purple

this is the same degree of boundary-pushing as, uh, gollum, who actually did deserve an academy award and received several

Return of the King was 15 years ago too.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

CelticPredator posted:

he wants to kill half the universe because he likes killing. makes sense.

I guess a generation raised on "they hate our freedom" would think that's a realistic world view and that masses would flock and fight in support of it (Thanos' army in the flashbacks).

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Ahahahaha they're casting Duckie as Lex, I love that goddamn show.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It still holds the record for longest film at #1 in theaters. It was in theaters for 40 weeks.

I remember breaking up with this girl in high school and thinking "well at least she can't drag me to Titanic now."

Then we ended up getting back together a few months later, and it was still in theaters, and I was like "poo poo."

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

teagone posted:

It's a flat shot of what was presented to be a killing blow to the film's big bad villain. There's zero drama in the screencap, and it lacks any sense of struggle or conflict; it's just a dude staring at dude who is kneeling. There's no sense of depth, no contrast, etc., etc. Basically everything poo poo with Marvel's "house style" — it just looks boring and static. There's nothing cinematic/dynamic about the scene.

It's even worse in motion tbh. The forest makes for a boring backdrop, much like the airport during the big fight in Civil War.

Isn't there supposed to be a massive battle happening a few yards away too?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

haha, are they seriously digitally coloring her blue for the new one? Goddamn, why not just cgi her entire head at this point.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Batman can read lips, he just didn't give a poo poo.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1105920725615931392

This is our third? Deathstroke in what? Five years?

Esai Morales is the loving man tho, I'm totally down with this casting.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Most people want to be jerked off for two hours instead of being reminded that their privilidged lives are built upon the suffering of others.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Calaveron posted:

My whole family is dead, earth is in complete disarray, there’s no foreseeable way to fix this, let me get a haircut that needs constant styling and upkeep please

Someone who got dusted probably made fun of it to his face, so now that they're gone he can rock it with no shame.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Disney's laying the seeds for a Marvel v DC crisis-style crossover.

The Disney Marvel/Disney Fox merger will be a test run for the lead up. Captain America/Cyclops team-up will beget a Captain America/Superman team-up.

This'll all happen in about 10-15 years so all the performances will be de-aged cg mocap.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

K. Waste posted:

Cinema Discusso > Shazam! - He Who Must Not Be Named

Cinema Discusso > Shazam! - Say My Name, no not that one

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I hope he keeps referencing the first one and Idris Elba Deadshot is just like "Dude, I have no idea who the gently caress you are."

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I remember seeing a Cameron pitch Avatar at E3 while describing the video game of it and thinking it would be the biggest flop ever

There was an Avatar video game???

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I don't think it's a fair comparison to say that movies are on the same level of necessary as phones, cars and society. You can totally opt out of watching movies if you wanted to.

I don't want to opt out of watching movies I enjoy though. I'm lucky because I live in a city with dozens of small arthouse theaters that CAN program lesser known movies into their schedule, but I'd imagine the people living in the sticks where there's one or two megaplex theaters that only show studio mandated movies are poo poo out of luck.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Disney already proved that they're not afraid to throw their dick around either in regards to bullying other movies out of the theaters they want too. Tarantino was set to premiere The Hateful Eight at the Cinerama Dome in Los Angeles and Disney basically paid the theater to break their contract so they can snake the date out from under Tarantino.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Brother Entropy posted:

lifehack: try being nice instead of mean

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Ghost Leviathan posted:

lol if you don't revel in slaughter

I like watching slaughterhouse videos for fun like those pretty girls in Nekromantik 2.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I guess, you still get that on week 2 or whatever though. I had a HELL of a game audience for The VVitch, many walkouts, lots of people seemed offended that it was even made.

People were mad at my screening of the VVitch, poo poo was too funny. Almost as good as some guy yelling "This is BULLSHIT" as he stormed out of the screening of Spring Breakers.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Like, the first act of Predator is about Ahnuld and co slaughtering a South American guerilla camp. John Rambo tears bloody swathes through Vietnam, Afghanistan, and Burma. I can think of, like, one action movie that values human life in any reasonable way and actually follows through on it, and that's Terminator 2, a movie where fans constantly bitch about that aspect even if they like the movie (because, shock, it goes directly against the usual tropes they expect).

Just because I whisper "hell yeah" when Arnold chucks a knife into a guerilla's stomach and says "Stick around" does not mean I can't acknowledge the fact that him and his guys are committing war crimes.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

teagone posted:

Michael Pena makes that movie. His poo poo-eating ear-to-ear grin is the best.

Is that the one where he both has a jukebox full of Morrissey AND a van that plays La Cucaracha on the horn?

I like Michael Pena, but that poo poo got a big yikes out of me.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Brother Entropy posted:

as a mexican i'll give the morrissey a pass because that's one of those 'it's a stereotype because it's true' thing

there's just something about the smiths and us mexicans, man

Eyyy, I hear you bro, I'm as big of a mozican as they come (tho I'm hesitant on going to the Morrissey Convention here in LA), but that one-two punch was a bit too much (plus wasn't the jukebox in his abuela's restaurant? There's no way that jukebox wouldn't be filled with ranchero ballads, grandmas don't rock with the Smiths).

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Apr 19, 2019

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I like when Michael Rooker shows up in Tombstone with that super curly red hair.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

sponges posted:

I’m tempted to call people who attend that thing pathetic dorks but there’s a B-Movie marathon in Illinois I would love to go to

Those don't run for 50+ hours straight tho, and you're not watching the same movie but with different costuming over and over again.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Mike N Eich posted:

Oh definitely. It’s incredibly disturbing that genocidal Malthusianism is back, and twee now

I noticed my co-worker who parrots the "this country's full" conservative talking point justifying Thanos' motivations as well. It's a pretty subtle validation of their ideology, but it's definitely there.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Apes-Ma posted:

The people who are suddenly in favour of culling the population cause Josh Brolin is a good actor are some of the dumbest people on the planet.

Thanos' cynical ideology isn't anything new, it's just that the idiots who posted Heath Ledger joker memes on Facebook now have a new comic book character to pull empty quotes from whole trying to sound logically edgy on the Internet.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I can easily see one of the heroes in a future movie borrowing the quantum time tech go go visit Stark in the past and get some cutthroat capitalist advise on how to crush their enemy while monetizing/weaponizing the outcome along the way. Hell, Strange could do that without the tech.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Gatts posted:

Prove Steve didn't tell Peggy.

This is a dumb line to go down for the sake of making arguments and stirring things up versus having worthwhile discussion on the issues with the film, of which you normally give good food for thought. Of which, did you watch the movie yet or still operating from discussion/spoilers? I also haven't seen Revenge of the Nerds.

If he did tell her, then it says a lot about Peggy that the man she physically and emotionally knew in her life is still locked in a block of ice and she's completely cool with it so she can live a happily ever after with his alternate timeline displaced doppelganger.

In Revenge of the Nerds the protagonist of the movie disguises himself as his jock rival and performs cunnilingus on the jock's gf while she thinks it's the jock. When the protagonist reveals himself to her, instead of shock that she's just been raped, she commends him on his pussy eating skill and then they fall in love. In essence, Endgame ends in much the same way, except for the explicit pussy eating

(prove Steve didn't eat Peggy's pussy in the past)

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Apr 30, 2019

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

fishing with the fam posted:

lol remember Hellboy?

You'd think they'd learn by now considering the thing that crushed Hellboy 2 was being released a couple weeks before The Dark Knight.

Then again, the new Hellboy was doomed from the start. They should've never tossed Del Toro and Pearlman's pitch for a 3rd one to end their storyline.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

CheesyDog posted:

I see you're completely unfamiliar with romance novels

I had to stop watching Outlander after the 2nd season because of it's gross views on relationships, it didn't surprise me one bit to find out that it was adapted from a romance novel series.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Xealot posted:

It took me a while to find SMG's original post on this in the Endgame thread, because I assumed there must be more nuance, and...it's a pretty bad take, yeah.

Like, yes, Cap isn't the same Steve Rogers she knew in WW2. But why would he need or want to withhold that truth from her? She fought Nazis who used a space-cube to make magic weapons, and went on to found a shadow-government agency dedicated to crazy sci-fi poo poo. The man she loved was turned into an Adonis using "vita-rays." She probably wouldn't be scandalized to learn that an extra-dimensional version of him traversed spacetime to go out for coffee.

On this point, it's pretty condescending to assume Peggy's too stupid to understand who alt-Steve is and lacks the agency to choose him regardless.

It's pretty callous to assume Peggy would be fine with leaving the person who she physically and emotionally cared for in a block of ice. Thawing him early won't stop him from time travelling in the future because like the movie says, you can't change the future. So again, why would she be fine with leaving the version of the person she's emotionally connected to in a block of ice? Imagine you slipped into a coma and immediately after, a you from the future shows up and fucks your girlfriend, then tells her that the version of you that's in a coma needs to stay in that coma or else it'll damage the future, so then your girlfriend builds her whole life around your duplicate. Then you wake up in the future, after she's spent decades with this doppelganger, and has now known him longer than she's known you. This is the making of a loving horror movie.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

CheesyDog posted:

"It's me, your dead boyfriend, more handsome and buff than ever, and I've bent space and time to be with you my one true love for the rest of our lives"

goons: god no woman would go for that

Wait, when did Cap die?

Oh, you're doing a goony quoting the ether and swinging at strawmen thing, I see.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Mulva posted:

The time he defended the guy making fun of school shooting survivors left you with the sense there were bars he wouldn't cross for shitposting? Like this is just a stupid movie, those were actual dead children.

Are you confusing him with Armond White? I remember some goon accusing Armond White of making fun of school shooting survivors and SMG did the usual "Well, no, what's being said is..." and examined White's critique instead of jumping to some preconceived conclusion, but if you guys can cite/quote past posts instead of empty half-remembered accusations, it would go a long way to giving you a semblance of credibility instead of just being another goon jumping on a goon pile.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

So which Infinity Stone is Michelle Wild?

Heart

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Cythereal posted:

It's a comic book movie

At the end of the day it's this. To not like that the movie cheats itself with time travel to give its characters happy endings is to also not like movies like Donner's Superman or Deadpool 2.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The Ultimate Doge posted:

What am I going to do with my life now that I've seen Endgame and it sucks

You'd think the 20 lovely marvel movies that proceeded it might've given you a clue...

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtrmWnFAHYE

I almost like her version over Metric. :3:

I love that cover. She's great in that movie too.

The only thing I remember about her in Skull Island was "ANTI war photographer!" *hands on hips*

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Goddamn, all I did was say "Hey this video is weird." I specifically asked how people felt about it and specifically stated I wasn't aware of this anti-Brie Larson campaign. I'm very sorry if it annoys you that I'm bringing up something that you consider to be old news. This is the same thread that just had like a two page discussion about rape.

Yeah, but the rape discussion was born out of the possible implications that the movie presented, not because of some secret rape agenda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

It's funny to me seeing extremely old Aunt May in this old rear end comic. Why is Aunt May so old anyway? She should be roughly the same age as Peter's parents.

I love Erik Larsen's spidey run, but goddamn if he didn't make Aunt May look like the Crypt Keeper.