Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:rock: Is it corrupt to extract gold from fools?
:weedass: Yes, that is called a confidence scheme.
:rock: Well, I am confident in my scheme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy4PCsFOAGg

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG-uutotu7U&t=240s

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poNAboyTC1E

Dear lord :stare:

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Wanderer posted:

Yeah. There's effectively zero chance of an NRS Marvel game at this point.

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that Boon had talked with Marvel back before Midway folded, though. As it is, Marvel Nemesis is basically a super hamfisted attempt at making a Marvel/MK crossover, complete with fatalities.

Good lord, I'd completely forgotten that game existed

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Finished the story DLC, loved it. Getting the movie actor for Shang Tsung was a fantastic love letter to fans and I’m glad they utilized him this way.

I’m also getting really good with Robocop. This is an all around fantastic expansion and I eagerly await more.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

DrNutt posted:

It can take 30-60 seconds for me to load into matches. I basically phone browse the forums while I wait for the loading. Initial load is long too.

:stare:

I can assure you that definitely is not normal.

I have the game on both PC and XboneX stored on an SSD on both systems, and the loading times are nearly identical.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

ColdIronsBound posted:

As a brand new Mortal Kombat player going through the tutorials the flawless block mechanic is just... wow, are players actually able to execute these on purpose or is it more of a lucky reward?

Is it anything like Soul Calibur's guard break? If so - yes.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Mr. Neutron posted:

I have the game on both PC and XboneX stored on an SSD on both systems, and the loading times are nearly identical.

On PC I get grumpy about 8 second load times.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Sometimes I run into Koisy in ranked on PC, although I don't think I've ever won a single set against him. His Sindel is pretty inspiring. Makes this guy who beat SonicFox in one of their streams look like a chump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=848G6afJZak

exquisite tea fucked around with this message at 14:14 on May 30, 2020

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I’ve been finally going through the tutorials and I have one left. For the life of me I can’t figure it out.

It’s the last hit pressure tutorial. (With Baraka)
You’re supposed to do a combo that on Xbox includes y, x+a, then a pause and another combo string.
On the demo he does the move fine, but when I do it the x+a turns into a grab instead of the stab it’s supposed to be.

It’s the last of the tutorials I need to do and I don’t think I’ve even gotten close to it.
Any help?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtS1R838S6o

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

AFewBricksShy posted:

I’ve been finally going through the tutorials and I have one left. For the life of me I can’t figure it out.

It’s the last hit pressure tutorial. (With Baraka)
You’re supposed to do a combo that on Xbox includes y, x+a, then a pause and another combo string.
On the demo he does the move fine, but when I do it the x+a turns into a grab instead of the stab it’s supposed to be.

It’s the last of the tutorials I need to do and I don’t think I’ve even gotten close to it.
Any help?

Try turning release check off.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

So uh, has this game suddenly started crashing during towers for anyone else on PS4? Just got three in the last hour.

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
Sheeva's Smash And Grab variation is loving crazy. You can get the easiest one-bar 28% I've seen off of s21 > db1 amp > 4 > db1. You can cancel jump kicks into db1 amp to do the same thing for about the same damage. Off your d2 KB you can hit 40% easily just by alternating between standing back kicks and air grabs. Her db3 is VERY good and amping that sets people up for an easy stomp.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
She's all gimmick but she is very fun indeed. Her problem is the shortest reaching normals I have ever seen.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

So far I've been playing Sheeva's V2 the most. Not the highest damage potential, but very good neutral tools and easy KBs. Safe on basically everything unless you're just blindly shield charging into everything you see.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

If you want to get a clear picture of what Kombat League will look like in 3 days, imagine a Sheeva stomping on Liu Kang's face, forever.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I predict a lot of Fujin bullshit.

Also these crashes on PS4 are getting bad. I'll be halfway through a tower, then bam.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Mr. Neutron posted:

Yeah it's apparently an infrequent problem and I haven't found any fixes online. I double checked to make sure I had installed it to my SSD and yep. I wonder if it's a network thing to do with how often MK11 needs to phone home or something? I'm on wireless but I have had zero problems in over 400 hours of Destiny 2 so I'm not inclined to think so, though MK11 seems uncommonly bad wrt dropping connection and kicking me out to main menu when I'm doing poo poo like exploring the krypt or kustomizing my kharacters.

Also I played a few rounds with exquisite tea and they can back me up on those hosed loading times lol

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

DrNutt posted:

Yeah it's apparently an infrequent problem and I haven't found any fixes online. I double checked to make sure I had installed it to my SSD and yep. I wonder if it's a network thing to do with how often MK11 needs to phone home or something? I'm on wireless but I have had zero problems in over 400 hours of Destiny 2 so I'm not inclined to think so, though MK11 seems uncommonly bad wrt dropping connection and kicking me out to main menu when I'm doing poo poo like exploring the krypt or kustomizing my kharacters.

Also I played a few rounds with exquisite tea and they can back me up on those hosed loading times lol

The only idea I have left is that you might have some kind of VPN installed somewhere that's consistently tripping the anti-cheat or something. Make sure your Win10 install is updated to the most recent version and try doing this:

1. Right-click the Start button, and then select Device Manager.
2. Select View > Show Hidden Devices.
3. Select Network Adapters.
4. Identify any adapters that have a name like TAP-Windows. Right-click the adapter name, and then select Disable.

Might work, might do nothing, who knows!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

exquisite tea posted:

The only idea I have left is that you might have some kind of VPN installed somewhere that's consistently tripping the anti-cheat or something. Make sure your Win10 install is updated to the most recent version and try doing this:

1. Right-click the Start button, and then select Device Manager.
2. Select View > Show Hidden Devices.
3. Select Network Adapters.
4. Identify any adapters that have a name like TAP-Windows. Right-click the adapter name, and then select Disable.

Might work, might do nothing, who knows!

Hmm I have tunnel bear installed so I can make the occasional trip to Australia but I don't think it's actually running. I went ahead and verified files this morning and I will try what you suggested.

Someday I am going to run Ethernet upstairs. Someday.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
I’m glad NRS realized that Shang Tsung is probably the most interesting villain MK has.

The movie actor here just makes him fun to watch and fun to hate (I never liked Shao Kahn and I will never be able to dissociate Shinnok from his MK4 performance, or Quan Chi from that old MK cartoon and Mythologies).

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Cary T is insanely good and an absolute blessing to the franchise. They should hold onto him and never let go.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I like Shao Khan but yeah Shang Tsung is mk's best villain and arguably its best character at this point.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Welp tried exquisite tea's suggestion, ran CCleaner, checked to make sure I didn't have any processes eating up CPU or RAM. Turned off NVIDIA Shadowplay and made sure that Discord overlay was turned off. Still getting atrocious load times for matches. I can't rule out wired vs wifi being an issue but I don't really have a way to check without lugging my machine downstairs and I don't really feel like doing that. I wish I'd gotten this on PS4 but now I have too many hours to refund and I don't really feel like starting over again wrt unlocks/tutorials etc

feels bad man :smith:

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Hotfix applied to MK11
- Fujin Infinite dead
- Raiden b12 into throw now works correctly as you thought it should, so it was indeed a bug.

So now the core design of it is it beats passivity/people trying to get their punish on the b12 like it always should have.

example:
https://twitter.com/Rooflemonger/status/1267200536530558982

You can still neutral duck/jump it if you think its coming for a much bigger reward than Raiden could get, but thats fine, that's part of the push/pull of it.

This now being fixed along with raidens other buffs he's finally in the big boys club imo.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Hasn't Raiden always been a top contender in all the new NRS games to come out in the past decade though? Surely there could be one game where he's low tier.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Mortal Kombat is a game series where the immortal god of thunder is on about even footing with a washed-up action movie star and a fat dude with really bad gas.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Gologle posted:

Hasn't Raiden always been a top contender in all the new NRS games to come out in the past decade though? Surely there could be one game where he's low tier.

The way he was low tier was bad cause he just felt unfairly crippled compared to other characters. There's always gonna be good and bad chars but everyone should feel fun in their own way and aftermath goes a long way to helping raiden in that regard.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Visually Raiden's sparkport is almost indistinguishable from his command throw which is gonna be hella frustrating in his first variation.

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
MrAquaman on twitch is showing off a Shao Kahn Realm Destroyer 40% with one bar :shittypop: which involves a LOT of dashing and b3s. I can't dash mid-kombo to save my life.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Mortal Kombat is a game series where the immortal god of thunder is on about even footing with a washed-up action movie star and a fat dude with really bad gas.

I mean to be fair the washed-up movie star is the heir to an ancient lineage of superpowers and the fat dude with gas is actually an insanely talented fighter from another dimension.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Gologle posted:

He was mid tier in MK9, broken OP at launch in MKX (Thunder god) then mid tier again after the final patch.

I will still keep maining him, Thunder Wave no less, since I absolutely love how he plays in MK11.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

I don't know about MKX but in Deadly Alliance and Deception, Bo' Rai Cho was ridiculously god-tier even without his infinites. It was so bad about half of the time people would quit or disconnect if you chose BRC in Deception online play. And mind you, Deception was already horribly broken with many characters having very easily exploitable tricks.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

ImpAtom posted:

I mean to be fair the washed-up movie star is the heir to an ancient lineage of superpowers and the fat dude with gas is actually an insanely talented fighter from another dimension.

I like to imagine that, while what the characters say about how powerful and dangerous people like Liu Kang or Sindel are, even Baraka has at least a chance of turning them into shish kebab, if he tries his best and maybe catches them on a bad day. Otherwise, a lot of the battles in story mode take on this pathetic vibe that's bad for the tension.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jun 1, 2020

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

MK11 really made me care for Baraka, people. He just wants some respect for his people (and to occasionally eat somebody)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

One day Baraka will win a single match... one day.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Good guy Baraka was such a pleasant twist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

exquisite tea posted:

Johnny Cage beat Shinnok you dweeb!

E: Sent his boney rear end back to the netherrealm

Malcolm Excellent fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jun 1, 2020