Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rideANDxORdie
Jun 11, 2010

Intel&Sebastian posted:

What's the oki options after the b3,2,throw combo? It seems to leave you way out where you dont want to be.

Interesting we seem to have the same predispositions towards characters - Sindel is my second most played after Jax! I don't know options of the top of the dome for pressure after b3,2,1+3 string. I will say that you're probably going to be better off just using b3,2 to knock opponents down right in front of you. I usually only finish with the grab to get myself out of a corner since it side switches or to lock down a round. Unfortunately, even just b3,2 on its own is not special cancelable so you can't set up tick throws or a gotcha grab off of it. You should be using this string sparingly, mostly to condition them to block low on wakeup so that you can start applying the b2 overhead to open them up instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Man, I’m getting absolutely shithoused by these Robocops who burn through all the Krushing Blows. Still crashing into the Sheeva jumpers and Sabot teleport guys but slowly getting better.

^burtle fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jul 12, 2020

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

rideANDxORdie posted:

Interesting we seem to have the same predispositions towards characters - Sindel is my second most played after Jax! I don't know options of the top of the dome for pressure after b3,2,1+3 string. I will say that you're probably going to be better off just using b3,2 to knock opponents down right in front of you. I usually only finish with the grab to get myself out of a corner since it side switches or to lock down a round. Unfortunately, even just b3,2 on its own is not special cancelable so you can't set up tick throws or a gotcha grab off of it. You should be using this string sparingly, mostly to condition them to block low on wakeup so that you can start applying the b2 overhead to open them up instead

Ok cool

I started using the amped version of bf2 after and that usually works but yeah im trying to find better ways to make people start blocking low

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Playing some Shadow of War and suddenly realising if they wanted to go for yet another ridiculous crossover, Talion would fight right in. I'm pretty sure the Executions in particular might have been inspired by Fatalities. Could also do some interesting intros with both being out of place yet strangely at home in Outworld, and the whole wraith thing.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Doom Guy would be an obvious choice for a guest character imo. They could easily slot him in to replace Ash or whatever.

You know. Because we need more guest characters who use guns.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Netherrealm should really take the plunge and just make the Millennial Nostalgia Property fighter everyone wants. Spend a little more to get Pinhead and Herbert West or something and just go for it. They already have most of the VAs they'd need in their contacts clearly willing to do the job.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Pinhead is a little too old for millennials, needs more Scream Guy and uh, the Fish Hook Guy.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

gently caress off I'm dead zone Millennial (late 80s) and we know Pinhead. He'd be cheap af and would be a nice roundout to a roster that'd otherwise be full of brutes.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER guy

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I've mostly heard him called "The Fisherman" but w/e those movies were pretty lame.

But f'real just shop this image around, circle the ones you want most, and make a roster out of it:

Throw in some white/grey hats like Robocop, Ash, T-800, Spawn, Predator and bake it. Boom.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Give Sindel an Elvira skin you cowards

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Is one of those guys at the back just a cop?

Also clearly Slenderman.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
3 gremlins in a trenchcoat

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Twibbit posted:

3 gremlins in a trenchcoat

idk if you meant this as a guest character suggestion but it's actually the best one so far

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Intel&Sebastian posted:

idk if you meant this as a guest character suggestion but it's actually the best one so far

I absolutely did. Ability to throw offscreen gremlins as projectiles

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Matt Cordell aka Maniac Cop

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Also clearly Slenderman.

Yup Maniac Cop from an old Troma movie, or as we know them in 2020 "A Cop."

-----------------------------------

I know that someone even nerdier than me already made some MUGEN-style free game with horror characters, but I still just had fun doing a thought exercise about a dream roster I'd like to see Netherrealm try and pull off, complete with potential DLC. Yes I know it'll never happen due to rights issues, but admit it-- everyone wants this on some level.

Main Roster:

Jason
Freddy
Leatherface
Michael Myers (kind-of obligatory)
Ghostface
Pinhead
Candyman
Herbert West
Pennywise (modern + classic)
Samara (The Ring)
Xenomorph
Audrey II
Regan (Exorcist)
Tarhead/Bub/Zombie rep
Toxic Avenger

Predator
Robocop
Ash Williams
Nancy Thompson (all her attacks involve pulling in Dream Warriors)
Erin (You're Next)/Grace (Ready or Not)/Laurie Strode (Halloween) [swappable skin]
Hans the Trollhunter
Hellboy
Spawn

Universal Pack:

Dracula
Wolfman
Frankenstein
Mummy
Creature from the Black Lagoon

Public Domain Pack:

Nosferatu
Dr. Caligari
Der Massinmensch (Metropolis)
Phantom of the Opera
Van Helsing

Host Pack: (not playable, just announcer voices and a model for animation in various stages/story mode stuff)

Cryptkeeper
Leprechaun
Elvira
Jigsaw
Chucky

Modern Monster Pack:

Slenderman
Five Nights at Freddie's Rep
The Nun
The VVitch
The Untethered
The Babadook

"Too Small to Brawl" pack: (not playable, possibly in their own game mode if the roster is big enough)

Gremlins
Ghoulies
Puppet Master Rep
Critters
Killer Tomatoes
The Stuff
Lupus from Night of the Lupus
The Grady Twins
Spider-Head from The Thing (1982)
Playable Chucky
Playable Leprechaun

Outside picks: (those who are either not popular enough, might be controversial, or whose skillset/niche is already well-represented)

Darkness (Tim Curry in Legend)
Tall Man (Phantasm)
Maniac Cop
The Fisherman (I know what you did Last Summer)
Pale Man (Pan's Labyrinth)
Willard
Norman Bates
Brundlefly
Wishmaster
Pumpkinhead
Hannibal Lecter
Jack Torrence
Killer Klown from Outer Space
Threefinger
Pluto (Hills Have Eyes)
Ju-On (the Grudge)
Three Gremlins in a Trenchcoat (honestly very on-brand for them)

mind the walrus fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jul 13, 2020

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2QJ7BdRdd4

This was fun, Ed Boon seems like a relatively well adjusted guy for someone who forces people to watch snuff films

Edit: Goddamn why don't we have a Cryptkeeper voice pack complete with custom pun jokes for every fatality? So much low hanging fruit here guys, c'mon

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Willard would be a fun one because all his moves could be the rats while he doesn't actually do anything or cowers

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah when I was thinking of the list I was imagining you have your up-close fighters like the Xenomorph, Jason, Michael Myers, Leatherface, etc.; your mixed-ranged/trap fighters like Ash, Spawn, Hellboy, Laurie, etc.; and your long-range zoning types like Pinhead, Nancy, Willard, Herbert West, Hans the Trollhunter who excel at keep-away with their own personal style (Pinhead's sanctimony, West's deranged curiosity, Willard's fear, Nancy's resolve, Hans just commanding trolls).

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Pyramid Head has also had some extremely jarring crossovers already.

Could even possibly just do a Stephen King pack.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Possibly the only good thing to come out of Konami being in hospice care. I assume he didn't end up in MK because they just never thought to ask before it became obvious they would license him out in exchange for a catered lunch.

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
I havent played since launch is there any good websites or videos for tutorials im awful and getting my rear end kicked is frustrating

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Play Cetrion or Sheeva and go full on lame mode on people

Edit: I think people are catching onto Sheeva but I feel like if you know 2-3 decent combos to deal with people who get in, you can still wreck shop zoning with Cetrion.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jul 13, 2020

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

mind the walrus posted:

Yup Maniac Cop from an old Troma movie, or as we know them in 2020 "A Cop."

-----------------------------------

I know that someone even nerdier than me already made some MUGEN-style free game with horror characters, but I still just had fun doing a thought exercise about a dream roster I'd like to see Netherrealm try and pull off, complete with potential DLC. Yes I know it'll never happen due to rights issues, but admit it-- everyone wants this on some level.

Main Roster:

Jason
Freddy
Leatherface
Michael Myers (kind-of obligatory)
Ghostface
Pinhead
Candyman
Herbert West
Pennywise (modern + classic)
Samara (The Ring)
Xenomorph
Audrey II
Regan (Exorcist)
Tarhead/Bub/Zombie rep
Toxic Avenger

Predator
Robocop
Ash Williams
Nancy Thompson (all her attacks involve pulling in Dream Warriors)
Erin (You're Next)/Grace (Ready or Not)/Laurie Strode (Halloween) [swappable skin]
Hans the Trollhunter
Hellboy
Spawn

Universal Pack:

Dracula
Wolfman
Frankenstein
Mummy
Creature from the Black Lagoon

Public Domain Pack:

Nosferatu
Dr. Caligari
Der Massinmensch (Metropolis)
Phantom of the Opera
Van Helsing

Host Pack: (not playable, just announcer voices and a model for animation in various stages/story mode stuff)

Cryptkeeper
Leprechaun
Elvira
Jigsaw
Chucky

Modern Monster Pack:

Slenderman
Five Nights at Freddie's Rep
The Nun
The VVitch
The Untethered
The Babadook

"Too Small to Brawl" pack: (not playable, possibly in their own game mode if the roster is big enough)

Gremlins
Ghoulies
Puppet Master Rep
Critters
Killer Tomatoes
The Stuff
Lupus from Night of the Lupus
The Grady Twins
Spider-Head from The Thing (1982)
Playable Chucky
Playable Leprechaun

Outside picks: (those who are either not popular enough, might be controversial, or whose skillset/niche is already well-represented)

Darkness (Tim Curry in Legend)
Tall Man (Phantasm)
Maniac Cop
The Fisherman (I know what you did Last Summer)
Pale Man (Pan's Labyrinth)
Willard
Norman Bates
Brundlefly
Wishmaster
Pumpkinhead
Hannibal Lecter
Jack Torrence
Killer Klown from Outer Space
Threefinger
Pluto (Hills Have Eyes)
Ju-On (the Grudge)
Three Gremlins in a Trenchcoat (honestly very on-brand for them)

Extremely in character for mk to put the version of sadako from the lovely american version of the ring

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I heard he's a maniac

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
my new fav thing when playing sheeva is to actually use her fireball, I feel like I can very often take a round because someones like "wait, she has one of those too? wtf"

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Man nothing is more depressing while trying to play zone than seeing someone switch characters to Scorpion lmfao.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

The disrepect Scorpion switch means you must show your opponent no mercy in Game 2.

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010
I kinda like the switch to Scorpion. Usually that means they -really- want to close the distance and they're going to be jumpy and impatient. The switch to Sub Zero gives me bigger problems because I'm too dumb to block low unless my opponent is right in my face, plus trading projectiles with him is a bad time.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
The sub zero slides almost made me quit the game lmfao. I hate that guy. Seeing that KB makes me want to die because it's basically a big slow motion "DAAAMN YOU ARE DUMB" sign.

Edit: I very much respect the double character switch sets where we were clearly just using dick around characters at first and now we're being serious.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jul 16, 2020

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Tried some baraka last night, the variation with the b,f,2 throw that jumps him 1/4th the way across the screen is filthy. Are there any other true throws in this game as nutty as that?

No other character I've played gave me so many wins so early in the learning process. Just sitting around fishing for that throw, tossing out the backsplosion move thing, and tossing out his combo that includes a low and an overhead netted me probably the same ratio as using Jax.

Edit: Also I loving love beating Joker players. I hate the stupid rear end single combo they all use all day long that walks him like halfway across the stage.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jul 17, 2020

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is there something that mentally forces noob saibot players to constantly throw out their teleport attack?

They become utterly helpless if you block it and eat whatever combo you wish.

And as soon as they get up, they'll try it again.

It's mesmerizing.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Mans posted:

is there something that mentally forces noob saibot players to constantly throw out their teleport attack?

They become utterly helpless if you block it and eat whatever combo you wish.

And as soon as they get up, they'll try it again.

It's mesmerizing.

For some reason, a lot of people do not expect it no matter how much you do it. It's like spamming Cannon Drill with Cammy. People will fall for it every time.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Out of nowhere question: say Talion is in MK. Would you rather mid-game Talion with Celebrimbor somehow popping in for commentary, or endgame Ringwraith Talion?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Out of nowhere question: say Talion is in MK. Would you rather mid-game Talion with Celebrimbor somehow popping in for commentary, or endgame Ringwraith Talion?

Trick answer: Dush

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vptzBEhZNyA

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

If Talion somehow made it into MK11 it would be another instance of Troy Baker vs. Troy Baker just like how Injustice 2 had Blum vs. Blum.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Apparently the DLC schema on the steamdb page got updated recently, so I assume we'll be hearing about the Aftermath skin packs soon-ish.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I do really want Shadow of War DLC where we get to play as an Orc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I do really want Shadow of War DLC where we get to play as an Orc.

I've always said that game would be a lot better if it was just an Orc politics simulator and did away with the whole stupid Talion story altogether. Just trash that poo poo and put all the effort into making the Nemesis system even cooler.