Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Remember how everyone was all like "Man, this X-Rays are gettting loving silly lol they are more lethal then most past games fatalities"

I guess in 11 they just decided to say yeah fuckit lets go full ham.

I like how they're interwoven into the actual fighting this time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Jamesman posted:

So it looks like MK9 tried to deviate from a timeline and that's not allowed so everything's gonna get hosed up for it.

You can take the Kombat Kidz from my cold dead hands, time gods

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

KABAL

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I said come in! posted:

I thought Mortal Kombat X was the most violent video game ever made, and at the time it was absolutely true, but this blows that violence out of the water and then rips its spine out with the brain still attached and then literally takes a bite into it.

Not gonna lie that part really got me going

It really showed off how incredibly good they’ve gotten at the character designs too

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

was that Kabal

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

kabal does run real fuckin' fast

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

drat new MK amiibos looking good

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

At least the bonus stuff will be better than the fallout 76 rum. Maybe?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That mask looks p bad rear end.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

"happy birthday to me!"

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

pls reveal tag team mode

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

they're about to reveal Onaga!!!

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

DLC Inc posted:

I guess the "leak" was half bullshit and half real since the roster leak doesn't have Skarlet/Baraka on it but was right about the VAs and names like Kronika/Geras

The email leak was real, it had those names but no roster. The leaked roster following that was fake, and just used names from the real email.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

geras rules

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

HE PUNCHED OUT ALL MY BLOOD

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:siren: pocket sand :siren:

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Kano in the background chugging drinks at the bar.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'm hype for hourglass sandman

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years
Fewer characters revealed than I hoped for but Baraka was absolutely on my list of characters I didn't expect to get back but really wanted so i'm happy.

Also that mustache guy was poo poo but Ronda Rousey is rad.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
I gotta get my drat pre-order in.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I hereby name all Geras combos as time warp tickers from action 52 and you cannot stop me

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I was extremely hyped and I was not disappointed in the least, hell the graphics/presentation almost blew me away. If the gameplay is at least as good as it was in MKX (which I have no reason to doubt), I foresee myself spending yet another 1000+ hours on this game.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
OK time for realtalk.

How much of this game is likely to be hosed up with WB's bullshit? Lootboxes to get gear? Microtransactions to buy Kombat Koins? Season passes that don't include all the DLC?

As hype am I am for this game I'm not forgetting who's putting it out.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Jamesman posted:

OK time for realtalk.

How much of this game is likely to be hosed up with WB's bullshit? Lootboxes to get gear? Microtransactions to buy Kombat Koins? Season passes that don't include all the DLC?

I'm also cautious about this and maybe a delayed switch date

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Skarlet was loving rad

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Jamesman posted:

OK time for realtalk.

You could buy the lootboxes in Injustice 2 but it was total overkill, I think everybody complained that you got too MUCH gear in that game. Season pass DLC appears to be the standard grift that everybody puts up with in fighting games these days.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Jamesman posted:

OK time for realtalk.

did you play Injustice 2 because there were no purchasable lootboxes for gear and I doubt this will change, there was no way to get gear or anything thru cash. Literally the only thing you could buy with real monies were colors and some premier skins. Also the season pass I got for Injustice 2 included all the characters

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Oh they turned Jax into Time Sandman.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Jax is dead, that's canon right?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

With MKXI coming out very soon, I was kinda expecting at least close to a full roster reveal, and run down of all gameplay modes. There's still lots of time to talk about all of that stuff though.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Kinda hosed up they replaced Tricia Helfer with a much worse celebrity voice actress.

Jamesman posted:

OK time for realtalk.

I fully expect for this game to rotten with it. I still remember when MKX came out and they severely nerfed koin payout while at the same time putting a $20 krypt unlock dlc.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

pathetic little tramp posted:

Jax is either dead by Erron Black's hand or retired again due to not even wanting to fight in MKX. Wouldn't be surprised if he sits this out due to appearing in 2 straight games (which by MK standards is now a long time)

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

pathetic little tramp posted:

What is being dead in MK even mean, really?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

DLC Inc posted:

did you play Injustice 2

Nope. I just remember "Easy Fatalities," costumes not included in season passes, pre-ordering for Goro, and poo poo like that. Also let's remember that they hosed up Shadow of War so bad hey had to completely rebalance the game after taking lootboxes out after people poo poo on the game so much.

Also speaking of Injustice, I just rewatched that tease, and I'm pretty sure it was Flash that ran by, which would make sense.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Why does it make sense for Flash to be in MK?

Skarlet looks pretty god drat cool, that blood scythe move, wowza

Also glad Baraka is back, I hope my other favourite jobber Reptile returns.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I said come in! posted:

With MKXI coming out very soon, I was kinda expecting at least close to a full roster reveal, and run down of all gameplay modes. There's still lots of time to talk about all of that stuff though.

LOL if you don't think Ed Boon will dole the roster out, one by one, piecemeal over Twitter mixed with dumb polls and trolling in order to maximize interest until release day.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Is there a good MK Lore writeup because I kinda want to dive into the void of obnoxious MK history

also if you want a good lol go look at the fun haters in the fighting game thread boooooo

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

AndyElusive posted:

What is being dead in MK even mean, really?

Especially in this game, where the plot is explicitly about time travel bullshit

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Jamesman posted:

Also speaking of Injustice, I just rewatched that tease, and I'm pretty sure it was Flash that ran by, which would make sense.

It's totally Kabal, he also runs real fast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Jamesman posted:

Nope. I just remember "Easy Fatalities," costumes not included in season passes, pre-ordering for Goro, and poo poo like that. Also let's remember that they hosed up Shadow of War so bad hey had to completely rebalance the game after taking lootboxes out after people poo poo on the game so much.

oh yeah MKX was pretty bad about this. Injustice 2 was a bit better about it and included everything off the bat. It's sad but DLC bullshit and preorder characters is now a part of every single fighting game in existence. The worst was probably SFV but it was in everything last year (SC5, BBTag's half the roster, DBFZ)