Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Roster looks sick, happy hara kiri is back if that's true. Shame it's online only though lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

sonya's new moves are pretty great

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

The robots kick rear end, as does the terminator. I want them all

That said I found triborg's design to be a little underwhelming. Sektor, Cyrax and Cyber Sub looked great in MK9.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

AndyElusive posted:

I hope Shao Kahn has a variation where all you do is point and insult the other player which causes damage over time.

And a command laugh.

That would unironically be pretty great

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

i do.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

HMS Beagle posted:

Steam achievements might have leaked that Erron Black is returning.

https://steamdb.info/app/976310/stats/

There's a bunch of achievements for performing 2 fatalities with different kharacters, and one of them is abbreviated ERR.

That's Errmac, Ermac's multiple souls thing has finally started to confuse him

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Playing against MK9 kabal most characters are gonna feel slow and bad lol. Stryker wasn't amazing but he had some cool pressure stuff with his gun dash cancels

DLC Inc posted:

yeah I hope MK11 lasts for a longer time given how the dev cycle for this was a bit longer than usual. I don't want another Injustice at all; IJ2 was a good game but I'm more into seeing the improvements they made in that (grafix, gear modification, custom loadouts, single player kontent) carry into a Mortal Kombat. Ideal situation would be much longer support for MK11 and doing something else on the side.

You know better

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Low tier play in MK9 was pretty fun imo but it was a pretty steep climb trying to win consistently with Cyber Sub/Stryker. I ended up switching to Sonya but I never felt completely toothless before then (my local friend who mained Jade sure did though.)

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

I'm not sure they'll ever top MK9 myself

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

It's not the same engine or general gameplay as the GC/PS2/Xbox games. That said MK isn't terribly difficult to get into, I wouldn't worry much.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Old kharacters you're familiar with will have a couple of iconic moves that you will remember but in general the playstyles have all shifted a bit.

In terms of story you are... one timeline reset and 2 sequels removed so a lot changed.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

The Kins posted:

They've been called mutants since MK2. I don't remember if they walked that back in the 3D games now that they have an actual species name.

Original timeline tarkatans were supposed to be some gross fusion race made by Shao Khan or Shang Tsung. New timeline does not contradict this that I know of but I may have missed something

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

That fatality is so drat good lol

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Every fighting game gets roster complaints, because everyone is looking for a reason not to play them

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

i'm a huge sucker for the goofy 90s ninja costumes so i want every character to have them, even non ninjas.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Cassie's new gunkata stuff looks cool as hell lol

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

https://twitter.com/Vman95100/status/1103324152524607490

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

https://twitter.com/unCAGEDgamez/status/1103366179958202370

fatality

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

The leg loss brutalities are kind of funny as a wordless 'hey block low next time, moron' taunt

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Gavok posted:

It would only work if it was the guy from Terminator: Salvation and that's not happening.

Just pop a metal heart or metal brain, it'll work out

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

The neck stretch rules and so does beating someone to death with their own leg

Quan Chi is great

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

If I could do this in HD I don't think I'd need another MK reveal ever again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVQo4NOcXWs

(come back, smoke. also mercy/friendships)

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Breakaway is down+block while juggled, I think

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

the design doesn't scream MK to me, it's not stupid 90s comic enough, if that makes sense.

that said, the weird floating rock field move seemed cool

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

read the MKX comic, its good

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

looney tunes erron black is so perfect.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

I will use that analogy as a jumping off point to say that I want velveteen dream (rain) added to the roster. Thanks

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

See Bo Rai Cho the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you in Mortal Kombat

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Kilometers Davis posted:

I trust that the MK11 music will be good but...

:negative: :negative: :negative:

That's the most depressing thing I've read in a while. No wonder NRS games have had such forgettable music for so long

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

not feeling the spear, but extremely feeling the mallet

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

the spear hits just don't feel brutal enough. part of boss demotion naturally but i want every hit from him to have more impact. really excited to see the breakdown stream though, let's get a perk for those taunts

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

i can see what you're getting at with regard to kronika armor designs and stuff (they look like Too Human to me lol) but to say those are the only two good designs is a little lol

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

i've been playing mortal kombat trilogy a lot recently with my local group of fgc friends. game is still fun, janky infinites, pressure game and all. rain is super fun, i really hope he comes back one day.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

fadam posted:

NRS launches are always the best time to be in the FGC. I hope we get a follow-up to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cyo8cKGUayw

He's got a podcast now and just says that Injustice and MKX offense weren't for him. a somber interquel

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Yeah the currency/random unlock system is wack padding and I hate every game that does it.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

plot: it really felt like they just didn't want to work with the reboot continuity any more but also wanted to let liu kang get a win for once in over 20 years. i found the ending disappointing mostly because it felt like nothing really mattered leading up that moment (obviously untrue, just a gut feeling). you've got all these character arcs playing out (or being half finished) and ultimately they aren't gonna be resolved because that timeline just isn't real any more.

it's not a bad ending or anything, just really deflating as some dork who pays too much attention to a murder game plot.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

That 'we have never designed to encourage in game purchases' spiel is so lol

I feel a little bad for Tyler and Derek but drat, what a stream lol

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

for the final boss I just looped b22 and f2 constantly, she'll almost never get hit by the b22 but will constantly eat the f2 for whatever reason. only took 2 tries so i know i wasn't fully mercy AI just yet lol

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

i wish kano was half as good as geras

give him a mid, i love that rude man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

they even named the chapter fire and ice, make the game already boon i know you want to