Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nenonen)
What should the presidential powers be in 2020?
This poll is closed.
UNLIMITED!!!! URKKI 2.0!!!!!! 3 23.08%
Sauli should be allowed to telecast to our homes whenever he pleases, but that should be the limit. 2 15.38%
He should be limited to writing mildly worded letters to HBL and other provincial newspapers. 2 15.38%
None. More power to Sanna & Katri & Maria & Li & Anna-Maja & Jenni! 2 15.38%
Unlimited, but every decision must be subject to a plebiscite. 0 0%
None, but the president's life must be video streamed 24 /7 for the duration of their term, with no censorship. 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
People are disappointed at LA and SDP for agreeing on Aktiivimalli 2.0 and the party MPs and various other functionaries are not taking it well.

It's loving awesome, the whole thing about Marin was gonna change everything and we're getting Aktiivimalli 2.0 that's more punitive than the first one. Shouldn't have voted for Li Andersson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

We all have to make hard choices in these troubled times. What is that, V and SDP are actively working to benefit the neo-liberal murder machine? Well, that's just the price we have to pay for being on the vanguard of progress!

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
It's the dumbest poo poo. I was willing to accept that there might not be much improvements what with corona loving everything up, but don't actively make things worse for god's sake.

So who are you supposed to vote for if you don't believe that unemployment is the fault of those workshy poors who just lay on their couches drinking beer?

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

We have three communist parties, siitä sopii omansa valita!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Something like that was to be expected because of the employment goals in government programme. But if the left makes hard choices, so must CP and the Greens.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Budjettiriihen tiedotustilaisuus alkoi just

https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-11543871

e: ja se oli siinä, eipä kurjuutta kummempaa kuultu mutta ilmastosopuun on kuulemma päästy. Ohisalo näytti kireältä...

Nenonen fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Sep 15, 2020

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Kemper Boyd posted:

It's loving awesome, the whole thing about Marin was gonna change everything and we're getting Aktiivimalli 2.0 that's more punitive than the first one. Shouldn't have voted for Li Andersson.

No it isn't. I can understand the confusion though, since the Activity Model 1.0 only cut benefits by some degree, the new model has the withdrawal period if the requirements aren't met. However, here's the real change: in the old model you only met the quota if you managed to work for 18 hours in the 65 day period (or do some stupid employment seminars designed to (de)motivate you) – whereas in the new model you only need to file application papers to vacant jobs.

So yeah, on one hand its the same stupid poo poo designed to annoy the unemployed, on the other hand the conditions for keeping your handouts are more easily met. SDP aren't stupid enough to look at Sipilä's model and think "you know, we could make this even worse". I suspect the change of guards at CP were the motor of this development.

Good thing I'm stuck in university life for the time being. Hopefully we can get to the leisure-filled future economists like Keynes predicted we'd get instead of this paskaduuni future we're getting instead.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Eivät ne ole hand-outteja, Ronald Reagan, rauhoitus nyt

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Who is going to review the hundreds of thousands of reported applications and how much will that cost? Sipilä wanted something like this, aktiivimalli 2, but abandoned it because it wasn't feasible.

That said, tässä mallissa ei sentään tarvitse saada töitä täyttääkseen ehdot, riittää että hakee.

doverhog fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Sep 15, 2020

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

doverhog posted:

Who is going to review the hundreds of thousands of reported applications and how much will that cost? Sipilä wanted something like this, aktiivimalli 2, but abandoned it because it wasn't feasible.

An extra 50mil apparently

Hell let's just hire half of the unemployed as työkkäri virkailijat to pester the other half, unemployment halved just like that

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

HS posted:

YKSILÖLLISESSÄ työnhaun mallissa, aktiivimalli kakkosessa, työttömän pitäisi hakea kuukaudessa 0–4 työpaikkaa asuinpaikasta ja sen työllisyystilanteesta riippuen.

Jos työtön ei olisi työpaikkoja hakenut, ensimmäisestä rikkeestä seurauksena olisi huomautus.

Toisesta rikkeestä työttömälle rangaistukseksi tulisi karenssi työttömyysturvaan.

IS:n tietojen mukaan hallitus valmistelee nykyistä paljon lempeämpiä karensseja.

Karenssi on nyt 60 päivää, ja hallitus on tiettävästi pohtinut mallia, jossa toisesta rikkeestä karenssi olisi 10 päivää ja kolmannesta rikkeestä 20 päivää.

Erona aiempaan on myös se, että TE-toimisto ei anna työttömälle velvoittavia työpaikkoja haettavaksi, vaan työttömät valitsevat hakemansa työpaikat itse.

On tuo nyt jonkun verran lievempi kuin Sipilän ja Jari Lindströmin vanha aktiivimalli. Etenkin jos tuossa on alueellista harkintaa. Periaatteessa duunittomalla paikkakunnalla asuva voi vedota, että ei ole mitään sopivaa tarjolla mihin hakea (sehän on työnantajienkin kannalta paskaa jos kaikki maakunnan sossupummit pommittaa turhilla hakemuksilla kun yksi kioskimyyjän paikka avautuu). Varsinkin jos vertaa porvarien suunnittelemaan aktiivimalli kakkoseen:

quote:

Sipilän hallituksen aktiivimalli kakkosessa kolmen kuukauden aikana olisi pitänyt hakea 12 työpaikkaa kolmessa kuukaudessa, ja rikkeistä sanktiot olisivat olleet huomattavia. Ensimmäisestä rikkeestä seurauksena olisi ollut huomautus, toisesta rikkeestä 30 päivän karenssi, ja kolmannesta rikkeestä 60 päivän karenssi.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Kaksitoista jaettuna kolmella on neljä? Am I taking crazy pills?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Rappaport posted:

Kaksitoista jaettuna kolmella on neljä? Am I taking crazy pills?

Math, how does it work

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

doverhog posted:

That said, tässä mallissa ei sentään tarvitse saada töitä täyttääkseen ehdot, riittää että hakee.

Sure it costs more to make sure the "undeserving poor" doesn't get a single cent more than deemed morally just, than just paying people in the first place and letting some cheat the system, but try selling that argument to the average person in the street. Bet you they prefer the system that costs more.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Työttömyys ei ole (ainakin) sitten 90-luvun laman ollut taloudellinen ongelma vaan moraalinen ongelma joka on naamioitu taloudelliseksi ongelmaksi. Sen vuoksi rahalla ei suoraan työllistetä ihmisiä tekemään jotain yleishyödyllistä valtion leipiin, eikä puhuta mistään työnantajiin kohdistuvista toimista, jotta ne palkkaisivat lisää työntekijöitä. Sehän palkitsisi ihmiset siitä että ovat päässeet työttömiksi elämään leveästi ja laiskasti.

Ja sitä onko työpaikka arvokas ei mitata sen mukaan mitä työstä syntyy, vaan sen mukaan missä kohtaa yhteiskunnan organisaatiokarttaa työpaikka on. Öljy-yhtiön markkinointipäällikkö tai asetehtaan lobbari on ilman muuta arvokkaampi kuin kuntayhtymän vanhainkodissa työskentelevä lähihoitaja.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

I guess I should say again that I think the current system is quite dumb, and surely does have a negative effect on työllisyys. The right direction to go is some kind of perustulo, not fiddling with this kind of dumb poo poo within the old system.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

doverhog posted:

I guess I should say again that I think the current system is quite dumb, and surely does have a negative effect on työllisyys. The right direction to go is some kind of perustulo, not fiddling with this kind of dumb poo poo within the old system.

It's seriously not that latter thing. Just think about it for a second and imagine what Cocks do to our healthcare system the millisecond they get into power again. Perustulo is stillborn for a very large list of boring economics reasons too, but mostly that.

The current system is dumb but this isn't really Aktiivimalli because it lets people off the hook if they literally can't follow the instructions, unlike the previous one which was pure gently caress the poor. This one seems more like something in there to assuage the neolibpiss types, while conveniently not pushing the aged rural folk directly into Arse party, and serving as a way to block a future dumber system.

Hiekkakauppias
Mar 26, 2008

OJ's humble beginnings in acting helped prepare him for the media spotlight in Calgary
Tempputyöllistäminen taitaa olla kuulunut poliittiseen lexiconiin jo hetken aikaa ja tää on samaa vanhaa. Työllisyyttä lisätään kustannusneutraalisti kun ekonomisti kuvittelee ne uudet työpaikat.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

endlessmonotony posted:

It's seriously not that latter thing. Just think about it for a second and imagine what Cocks do to our healthcare system the millisecond they get into power again. Perustulo is stillborn for a very large list of boring economics reasons too, but mostly that.

I'm not thinking of it from the perspective of "oh how can we shield this system from future Cock attacks".

Also too tired to get into how all the current sosiaaliturva is a patchwork piece of poo poo with lots of intelligence tests and counter intuitive details. One good thing about the new proposal is it apparently would replace the current työtarjous and karenssi system.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

endlessmonotony posted:

Perustulo is stillborn for a very large list of boring economics reasons too
So what are these, exactly?

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006
Would be more difficult to kyykyttää köyhiä.

matti
Mar 31, 2019

Herman Merman posted:

the visual basic macros in everybody excel spreadsheet stop working

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

Kemper Boyd posted:

It's loving awesome, the whole thing about Marin was gonna change everything and we're getting Aktiivimalli 2.0 that's more punitive than the first one.

How is it more punitive exactly? Still dumb and ineffective, sure.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

slowdave posted:

How is it more punitive exactly? Still dumb and ineffective, sure.

Aktiivimalli 1.0 meant you got 30 euros less per month, this one means you have to ~somehow~ document to työkkäri each and every month that you applied for 4 jobs, or you starve to death. SDP, like friendship, is magic!

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

Rappaport posted:

this one means you have to ~somehow~ document to työkkäri each and every month that you applied for 4 jobs, or you starve to death. SDP, like friendship, is magic!

In this model you first get a warning if you fail to send 0-4 applications a month to jobs of your own choosing (as opposed to työkkäri telling you where to apply), then you get a 5-day karenssi, then a 10-day karenssi. While stupid and unnecessary, it at least doesn't sound inhuman to me. But whatevs.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

slowdave posted:

In this model you first get a warning if you fail to send 0-4 applications a month to jobs of your own choosing (as opposed to työkkäri telling you where to apply), then you get a 5-day karenssi, then a 10-day karenssi. While stupid and unnecessary, it at least doesn't sound inhuman to me. But whatevs.

5 or 10 days of karenssi means losing a quarter or half of one's monthly unemployment benefit, friend. I dunno how you gauge humanity per se, but for someone living on a couple hundred a month, that's a fairly hefty fine.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Rappaport posted:

5 or 10 days of karenssi means losing a quarter or half of one's monthly unemployment benefit, friend. I dunno how you gauge humanity per se, but for someone living on a couple hundred a month, that's a fairly hefty fine.

https://twitter.com/annakontula/status/1306216894324768768

quote:

Nyt vihdoin tiedämme, mistä tarkalleen ottaen sovittiin:

1. TE-toimistojen resursseihin lisätään 70 miljoonaa työnhaun tuen vahvistamiseksi. Näistä pääosa käytetään yksilöllisen palvelun lisäämiseen.

2. Henkilökohtaisessa työllistämissuunnitelmassa sovitaan jatkossa työnhakuvelvoite. Työttömän tulee hakea 0-4 työpaikkaa kuukaudessa, riippuen omasta työkyvystä ja alueen työmarkkinatilanteesta. Työnhausta raportoidaan kuukausittain.

3. Työttömyysturvan sanktioihin tehdään iso remontti. Jatkossa työnhakuun ja palveluihin liittyvissä laiminlyönneissä seuraamuksena on ensimmäisellä kerralla huomautus, toisella viiden ja kolmannella kymmenen päivän karenssi, eli etuuden menetys (tällä hetkellä ensimmäisestä kerrasta 15-60 päivän karenssi). Muiden karenssien maksimipituus olisi 45 päivää (tällä hetkellä 90 päivää). Työssäolovelvoite säilyy.
4. Palkkatuen tasoja korotetaan, järjestelmää yksinkertaistetaan, käyttöä lisätään ja jaksoihin kytketään enemmän tukea helpottamaan jatkoyöllistymistä. Jatkossa työttömyyden keston perusteella myönnetty palkkatuki olisi 50 prosenttia palkkauskustannuksista (nyt 30-50 %) ja osatyökykyisten palkkatuki nousisi 70 prosenttiin (nyt 50 %). Kolmannen sektorin sadan prosentin palkkatuki säilyy ennallaan.
5. Helpotetaan osatyökykyisten pääsyä työmarkkinoille uuden välityömarkkinatoimijan avulla. Mallina käytetään Ruotsin Samhall -yhtiötä. Ideana on siis yhtiö, jonka kautta henkilöt voivat työllistyä avoimien työmarkkinoiden kaltaisiin tehtäviin, mutta riittävillä tuki- ja sopeutustoimilla.

6. Kaikenlaista muuta sälää – uudistetaan, kehitetään, kotoutetaan, mahdollistetaan jne. Nämä ovat sinällään kannatettavia mutta melko tavanomaisia, ympäripyöreitä neuvottelukirjauksia.

Jokainen voi nyt arvioida itse paketin plussia ja miinuksia. Tässä oma arvioni:

Ensimmäinen muutos voi olla työttömän kannalta hyvä tai huono. Jos arvostaa apua työllistymiseensä sekä enemmän ja yksilöllisempiä palveluja, tämä ilman muuta on hyvä uutinen. Jos taas haluaa mieluummin kuulla työvoimaviranomaisista mahdollisimman harvoin, vie uudistus huonoon suuntaan, sillä jos henkilökuntaa palkataan reilusti lisää, voidaan työttömiin pitää tiiviimmin yhteyttä. Oma käsitykseni kuitenkin on, että useimmat pitävät työvoimapalvelujen lisäresurssointia hyvänä asiana. Työvoimapalveluja pidetään myös yhtenä keskeisenä syynä sille, miksi Ruotsin työttömyysluvut ovat niin paljon Suomea pienempiä.

Toisesta muutoksesta on vaikea keksiä mitään positiivista. Jos oletamme työttömien jo nykyään hakevan töitä kykyjensä mukaan, raportointivelvoite tarkoittaa vain kontrollin lisäämistä. Uudistus lisännee yritysten hallinnollista taakkaa, kun ne joutuvat käsittelemään oikeiden ja motivoituneiden hakijoiden lisäksi myös kiintiöhakemuksia, joiden lähettäjä ei kyseistä työpaikkaa todellisuudessa halua (näin kävi hakupakon myötä korkeakouluissa). Toisaalta, maksimissaan yhden hakemuksen tekeminen viikoittain ei työkykyiselle ihmiselle ole kohtuuton vaatimus. Uudistus on ehkä typerä, mutta ei kohtalokas.

Kolmas kohta on iso ja vuosien ajan pohjustettu voitto. Suomessa langetetaan todennäköisesti vuosittain noin 100 000 karenssia (tilastot eivät ole yksiselitteisiä). Yksistään huomautuksen käyttöönotto vähentää sanktioiden määrää 10-20%. Yksittäisten karenssipäivien määrän pitäisi vähentyä reippaasti yli puolella. Tavoitteena on sanktiojärjestelmän kohtuullistaminen, mutta itse uskon uudistuksella olevan myös myönteisiä työllisyysvaikutuksia. Tiedetään nimittäin, että kun ihmiset karenssien myötä putoavat työttömyysturvalta ja usein toimeentulotuelle, he poistuvat myös työvoimapalveluiden piiristä. Toimeentulotuelle joutuminen lisää yksilöön kohdistuvaa kontrollia ja lähes nollaa työnteon taloudelliset kannustimet. Karenssijärjestelmä on keskeisin syy sille, miksi ensisijaisesti toimeentulotuen varassa elävien kotitalouksien määrä on kasvanut merkittävästi.

Palkkatuen osalta toteaisin vain, että palkkatyöstä pitää maksaa palkkaa, ei mitään alihinnoiteltuja kulukorvauksia. Jo tästä periaatteellisesta syystä on hienoa, että työvoimapoliittisista toimenpiteistä vahvistetaan juuri palkkatukea. Yksityisen sektorin palkkatuella tiedetään olevan myös (muihin työllisyyspalveluihin verrattuna) myönteinen työllisyysvaikutus. Järjestöjen palkkatuki taas ehkäisee työttömyyttä välillisesti ehkäistessään ns. hystereesiä eli sitä, miten pitkä yhtäjaksoinen poissaolo työmarkkinoilta rapauttaa ihmisten työkykyä. Palkkatuen riskit toisaalta liittyvät sen syrjäyttämisvaikutuksiin (eli joku muu jää palkkaamatta, koska työn tekee palkkatukeen oikeutettu puolta halvemmalla) ja markkinoiden vääristymiseen, mutta Suomen palkkatukitasoilla näistä ilmiöistä ei ole vakavasti otettavaa näyttöä.

Kohta viisi on ilman muuta hyvä asia. Suomessa osatyökykyisten pääsy työmarkkinoille on ollut muita pohjoismaita nihkeämpää. On tärkeää etsiä syyt sille, miksi Ruotsissa samoilla työkyvyn rajoitteilla voi osallistua avoimille työmarkkinoille, Suomessa taas notkutaan kuntouttavan työtoiminnan ilmaistöissä. Jos tähän nyt saadaan uusia, muualla toimiviksi osoittautuneita välineitä, ne ovat ilman muute tervetulleita.

Kaiken kaikkiaan: tämä ei nyt ole kokonaisuus, jossa ”huonot asiat voidaan niellä, koska hyvät painavat kuitenkin hieman enemmän”, kuten neuvottelutuloksia politiikassa on tapana perustella. Tämä on kokonaisuus, joka kyllä sisältää kielteisiä yksityiskohtia, mutta kokonaisuudessaan vie työttömien asemaa merkittävästi parempaan suuntaan ja todennäköisesti myös parantaa työllisyyttä.

Sorry for big quote, but I think Kontula knows this poo poo and it's not like this is just some "lol SDP" thing when a leftist poverty researcher is excited about this. You have to look at things as a cockonaisuus.

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

Rappaport posted:

I didn't mean to downplay the severity of it, just saying that it's a slight improvement from 15-90 days of karenssi off the bat - which I fully admit is a privileged position of me to take and isn't much of a condolence to people affected by this poo poo.

slowdave fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Sep 16, 2020

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Nenonen posted:

Sorry for big quote, but I think Kontula knows this poo poo and it's not like this is just some "lol SDP" thing when a leftist poverty researcher is excited about this. You have to look at things as a cockonaisuus.

Sure, but for someone who has been unemployed for several years, which statistically means they won't be employed any time soon anyway, this is simply bullying. Just because someone pulling a kansanedustaja's wage is hyping about what their party is doing while in hallitus doesn't make it magically okay. I am willing to accept that some people who have been shafted before will be shafted less, but on the aggregate, it looks like everyone not serving our capital masters will be shafted in a different way every month now. Yay?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Työttömyysturva was always vastikkeellinen, you are supposed to be seeking jobs and taking them if offered? In exchange you get that sweet, sweet liiton raha. This version APPARENTLY takes conditions into account so it's not quite as binary as Sipilä's malli.

I'm sorry if you want perustulo but I doubt it's going to happen for a while... :( BUT there is still toimeentulotuki and leipäjono!!!!!1111

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

You know it's a finnish government decision because nobody is happy

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Nenonen posted:

Työttömyysturva was always vastikkeellinen, you are supposed to be seeking jobs and taking them if offered? In exchange you get that sweet, sweet liiton raha. This version APPARENTLY takes conditions into account so it's not quite as binary as Sipilä's malli.

I'm sorry if you want perustulo but I doubt it's going to happen for a while... :( BUT there is still toimeentulotuki and leipäjono!!!!!1111

You only get liiton raha for a year, friend. (Roughly) And of course it's currently "vastikkeellinen" in that one is meant to apply for jobs, but, I re-iterate, for someone who has been unemployed for N years, it's a fruitless task since no one is going to hire them. Now those people will have to turn in receipts each month (in a manner not yet elucidated) to TE-toimisto that I have applied for 4 jobs this month, daddy may I please eat again? I guess this is great if you have a korkeakoulututkinto since you can just apply to 4 random things from valtiolle.fi (a thing that will most likely be the go-to) where the requirement is "soveltuva korkeakoulututkinto" and don't have to look back. Unless the zombies at TE-toimisto, which the gummint is hiring more of!, get to "evaluate" whether or not one's applications were suitable enough to warrant eating that month. We don't know!

And a real nice job pointing at leipäjono, sarcastically, and saying everything's alright because those exist. Not only is that bass-ackwards, but they're not really an option for someone who is unemployed, 50+ and lives somewhere around Sotkamo. But, again, means testing those dastardly scrounger poors is an inherent goodness, and Ronald Reagan smiles upon us from Heaven for doing so, yay?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Herman Merman posted:

Short version is that money isn't wealth and a perustulo without govt controls on essentials - especially housing - will just lead to an increase in the cost of living until it's more or less erased. This, combined with gig economy, will just lead to "now but shittier", unless you depend on govt benefits for disability or the health services, in which case it's "now but vastly shittier" because as much as you might not like designing systems to be cockproof it's still a necessity.

Bensa
Aug 21, 2007

Loyal 'til the end.
Moving from asumistuki to perustulo should incentivize people to not max out asumistuki, either by renting smaller or further away apartments. There is currently a fixed floor for rents due to asumistuki in the capital region and probably other larger cities.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Yup, in any medium-large city. Requires rent control to fix. Or the govt getting off their asses and creating housing without needing private investment.

Adding perustulo to the mix without fixing the issue separately would only cause that, but for everything.

Bensa
Aug 21, 2007

Loyal 'til the end.
Right now there is no real incentive to offer lower rents or seek cheaper accomodation, because of asumistuki. If it's rolled into perustulo then people could decide to incentivize other aspects of their life, and landlords would no longer have a guaranteed rent. Whether this would lead to lowering rents is debatable, but renting is quite profitable so it's very likely.

The government settings minimums for certain costs through direct funding of those expenses means there is a price floor. In the case of housing this subsidizes landlords and construction companies.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Having a roof over your head is kind of a high priority though

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
It is definitely great going back into studying and having 65% of your monthly income going into rent. Now I konda wish instead of switching careers I had taken an offered job monitoring Finnish-language social media in Berlin because what the Christ. This podunk town has no business being this expensive to live in.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

I enjoy being a student and getting enough money to pay rent, and that's it. Want to buy food? Here's how big of a loan you can get from the bank. Enjoy paying it back once you're employed, or even if you're not. I'd support perustulo on the basis that it would significantly reduce the amount of idiotic and neverending back and forth with Kela that naturally comes from receiving any kind of support and how working for one summer requires eleventeen additional documents before you're allowed to receive asumistuki again. Hell, maybe it'd even put an end to studying just to be unemployed and poor since you could risk it and try self-employment of some type with a reduced risk of going entirely broke with no recourse.

I enjoyed the privilege of being on toimeentulotuki over the summer and I literally felt like I was rich because of how much more money I had for food and essentials per month, and none of it was actually the bank's. Kind of a dumb system if I'm being honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Ruflux posted:

I enjoy being a student and getting enough money to pay rent, and that's it. Want to buy food? Here's how big of a loan you can get from the bank. Enjoy paying it back once you're employed, or even if you're not. I'd support perustulo on the basis that it would significantly reduce the amount of idiotic and neverending back and forth with Kela that naturally comes from receiving any kind of support and how working for one summer requires eleventeen additional documents before you're allowed to receive asumistuki again. Hell, maybe it'd even put an end to studying just to be unemployed and poor since you could risk it and try self-employment of some type with a reduced risk of going entirely broke with no recourse.

I enjoyed the privilege of being on toimeentulotuki over the summer and I literally felt like I was rich because of how much more money I had for food and essentials per month, and none of it was actually the bank's. Kind of a dumb system if I'm being honest.

The current system is... dumb as all hell.

Perustulo system would however not fix all your problems. Well, it would, in that you would starve to death for daring to have problems, but not in any other way.