Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Toalpaz posted:

B- gets the short end of the stick a lot d1 and I doubt he's salty about that/holds personal grudges.

He also is sitting at 2 votes from someone who is away from thread and a joke vote, thus under no pressure to claim and looks like he's a fast cop with a scum result.

he *was* leading the vote and if last game is any indication acts irrationally under pressure

basically, the logical stretches you'd have to make to think this is real are unreasonable for someone who played in ff

i've not played with food much so idk what their thinking is, but it's a bad vote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

b-minus1 posted:

Agreed.

Enter the thunderdome. Toal versus ASF. Two players enter, one player leaves.

lol ilu

##vote toal

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Eeeeh fuckem ##vote b-

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Toalpaz posted:

Eeeeh fuckem ##vote b-

booooo

town lie, and this one caught bad votes, though i think yours is worse

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Don't worry of we all vote total and they stop posting cause they cant handle the pressure as scum well test it.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

imgay posted:

Don't worry of we all vote total and they stop posting cause they cant handle the pressure as scum well test it.

Knees weak moms spagetti

There's vomit on their sweater already.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Jonathan Fisk posted:

toal, why did you believe this claim?

Toal is a scumbo this game.

His belief of b+1 is win/win from a scum perspective.

1) It's an easy mislunch for D1 (provided you are town).
2) It sets him up to push b+1 tomorrow (provided b+1 is town).

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

:thunk:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lol toal must be town, only town is dumb enough to fall for an obvious fake claim, be not at all self conscious about dropping a vote on it, and then acting mad and all "lynch all liars!" after the fact

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I guess I should breadcrumb.

My name is Connie F.

This is a breadcrumb.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Retro Futurist posted:

Lol toal must be town, only town is dumb enough to fall for an obvious fake claim, be not at all self conscious about dropping a vote on it, and then acting mad and all "lynch all liars!" after the fact

Or you’re coaching them in scum chat

##vote rf

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Working another double today zzzz

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Retro Futurist posted:

would you say toal is too scummy to be scum :/

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Toalpaz posted:

First scumbo right here.

What? Too good to lunch town? Is that why you hopped off Tobbs?

Calls bee movie town here.

Toalpaz posted:

Its mostly a joke but I'm throwing stuff out there and seeing what happens. I suppose you can call it a method of content creation and deduction.

Oh hey that's almost exactly what bee movie was doing with his fake N0 cop.

Toalpaz posted:

Okay

##vote fisk

this is the only vote that matters today

Takes bee movie's vote at face value.

Toalpaz posted:

Why wouldn't you believe cop claim / scum result.

Defends it.

Toalpaz posted:

B- gets the short end of the stick a lot d1 and I doubt he's salty about that/holds personal grudges.

He also is sitting at 2 votes from someone who is away from thread and a joke vote, thus under no pressure to claim and looks like he's a fast cop with a scum result.

Defends bee.

Toalpaz posted:

Eeeeh fuckem ##vote b-

Caves.

This is a scumpaz guys. He tried to toe the line of jokephase, fell on the wrong side, and is scrambling to get back but keeps tripping over his own lies.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Tobbs silently hops off of B-'s turbo once it hits 4 votes and I suggest we should seriously do it, this is ambiguous so that he can insert the meaning later once he's gauged people's reactions.

Toalpaz posted:

First scumbo right here.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Bee is scum but I want to get a better feel for everyone.

Good to see a town Toalpaz ;)

Gives a serious response to hopping off the turbo once I insinuate it's to save face as scum and self conscious (joke turbo I would have unvoted later). And so, thinks b- is scum here but it's too early.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

[quote="Somberbrero" post="491755927"]
not to sound like a book but that's a weird appeal to authority.

##vote toalpaz
[/quote

I want a thank you, too.

Hops on to a vote on me in a manner that could only be described as ambiguous. We don't know his reason for voting me at the time, other than 'my appeal to authority' that was a mocking joke to get people on the joke turbo.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I have an ever so slight town-read of people who asked for a confessional in the now-hidden obs-chat. Why?

Zero scum in the FF game asked for confessionals. Why would you need one if your thoughts are shared in scumdoc?

I can get WIFOMy and say that people might have signed up for confessionals to make me think they were town, and if so, they deserve the credit for working extra hard to play me.

Elaborates that actually he has a town read of B-, and doesn't think B- is scum because of meta information.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

[quote="merk" post="491748103"]
##vote b+1

Rude.
[/quote

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

[quote="Somberbrero" post="491755927"]
not to sound like a book but that's a weird appeal to authority.

##vote toalpaz
[/quote

I want a thank you, too.

Votes me in the same joking manner that he voted B- for.

Now I've reached the same amount of votes as B-, but rather than back off because he's cautious and wants to find more scum, Tobbs is digging in and cased further. Despite the fact that I asked for a confessional in the landing page of JimmyDalad games, and he remembers that stuff, thus I have the same meta pro-town point that he's mentioned for B- Tobbs doesn't bring up here. Despite being sure about B- being scum, he's dropped that thread altogether for having a meta read that he should have of me too. Tobbs doesn't care about finding scum, he's just looking for an easy vote and seeking to avoid conflict and suspicion by being ambiguous.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Okay this is the real thunderdome

##vote tobbs

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Cute

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Do you know what I remember from the now-inaccessible obs-doc?

You asked to be scum. I remember because I wrote it down in my confessional. It was a pain because you changed your name to evil cat bug friend and I had to compare your avatar with your FF confessional.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote Hum

This post sounds like something scum trying to look town would say.

Potential scumpost.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Toalpaz posted:

casing Tobbs in the middle of this awesome party for some reason

It feels to me like some of this you're trying to make fit. If Tobbs is scum and was sitting on a vote for b-minus that pushed a bit near to hammer it would be easy enough to stay away conveniently for awhile and come back and just be one of the people who "wasn't around to stop the turbo" the next day if a few more giddy town just happened to go for it, whereas backing off has what advantages, exactly?

I'm not sold on your assertion that Tobbs unvoted quietly to gauge reactions. I will note that my read of a lot of the votes on b-minus, at least at first, were joke votes. Usually I feel like people who overly justify stepping off a joke vote read scummy to me, and Tobbs giving a serious response to your insinuation doesn't particularly ping me, seems alright to engage with the content.

Toalpaz posted:

Okay this is the real thunderdome

##vote tobbs

If it were a real thunderdome I'd probably lean a vote on you right now but overall I'm feeling like I just don't agree with your case.

Tangentially related to you I feel like somberero's "appeal to authority" comment is odd as I read that statement as a joke and that response + vote seemed overly serious out of nowhere.

I've also got my eye on ASF, haven't really engaged so far but after b-minus' claim slid in to vote with it, and that reads weirder to me than your own vote on fisk.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Actually ##vote ASF why would town hear a n0 cop claim and just slide into the thread to toss a vote in belief of it without engaging with the claim at all?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
U killed joke phase while I was at work

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I don't follow why toal's vote is good but food's is bad

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
ASF seems flippant to me. Could be scum but doesn't really stand out.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

That nep vote takes a really sharp turn into food without even really addressing why the two votes are different to nep

It's weird and sus

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Toal is least engaging with stuff, I think Toal's worst looking vote here is not the fisk vote itself but rather the spin around vote on b-minus. Toal is just overall waffling around a lot and it feels like they're actually trying to produce content and get reactions. ASF in contrast haven't really heard from at all and no idea what their stances are other than that vote.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Nep-Nep posted:

Toal is least engaging with stuff, I think Toal's worst looking vote here is not the fisk vote itself but rather the spin around vote on b-minus. Toal is just overall waffling around a lot and it feels like they're actually trying to produce content and get reactions. ASF in contrast haven't really heard from at all and no idea what their stances are other than that vote.

Hal, MMT, snooze have all offered zero game-related content.

Both Toal and ASF took b+1 at face value. Toal, however, has bounced all over the place with his opinions and votes with very little explanation. He cased me as scum because I explained myself.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Both Toal and ASF took b+1 at face value. Toal, however, has bounced all over the place with his opinions and votes with very little explanation. He cased me as scum because I explained myself.

No because you doubled down on a vote that could have been presented as a joke either way after calculating the risk to yourself and the people who seemed to be ribbing me at the time.

You've waffled quiet a bit, calling your vote on B- serious twice when I brought up you leaving the vote. But now B- is a day 1 town read to you. I don't know how you can accuse me of waffling when you're in the same or a similar position.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
What have I done

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Why is this statement relevant? I feel like you're trying to cast more doubt on my ASF vote by implying it's odd of me to single ASF out for low content when there are others who have posted but I voted ASF for having basically nothing to say other than that vote. I didn't look into all 3 of these posters but just looking at Hal he posted a greeting and that's it. These aren't equivalent post histories.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Toalpaz posted:

No because you doubled down on a vote that could have been presented as a joke either way after calculating the risk to yourself and the people who seemed to be ribbing me at the time.

You've waffled quiet a bit, calling your vote on B- serious twice when I brought up you leaving the vote. But now B- is a day 1 town read to you. I don't know how you can accuse me of waffling when you're in the same or a similar position.

What you're missing is an evolution of opinion. You went from very seriously taking b+1's N0 cop claim to voting him. All that happened in between was that Fisk applied a little pressure.

I hopped on a turbo vote because it was funny, and I hopped off because I didn't want D1 to end 3 days before deadline. I was ok with his lynch until I looked back at my confessional and saw that I had a slight town read of him.

Do you believe the N0 cop claim? Do you think Fisk is scum? If you think the claim is fake, do you think b+1 made it because he's scum? Where's the thought process? It looks to me like you're engaging in impression management but are forgetting to back up your vote shifts with reasoning.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Nep-Nep posted:

Why is this statement relevant? I feel like you're trying to cast more doubt on my ASF vote by implying it's odd of me to single ASF out for low content when there are others who have posted but I voted ASF for having basically nothing to say other than that vote. I didn't look into all 3 of these posters but just looking at Hal he posted a greeting and that's it. These aren't equivalent post histories.

Your vote is based on not knowing what ASF's stances are. That's the difference between Toalpaz and ASF, per your explanation. If you're voting based on a lack of relevant info presented, there are better cases out there. At least three of them.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Calls bee movie town here.

This is a real piece of manipulation right here. In this post I'm accusing tobbs of hopping off of the B- train because of this reason: As town you don't know what a person will flip. If you're town on a train or turbo you could be on scum or you could be on town. However! Scum know who they're turboing! They may hop off a train or a turbo because they don't want to be caught turboing town, especially if there's a lot of scum on the vote. They also might hop off a vote if they're turboing scum. Town doesn' t know that! So when I ask Tobbs if he's hopping off the train because B- is town, I'm making a scum read of Tobbs, accusing him of having scum knowledge. Not specifically a town read of B-. So right here he's purposefully misreading and misrepresenting the interaction here to make me look bad, scummy.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Oh hey that's almost exactly what bee movie was doing with his fake N0 cop.

Takes bee movie's vote at face value.

Exactly what B- is doing with the fake N0 cop? Generating content? Fine. That's fine. But there's nothing scummy about taking a cop claim seriously even d1. To do anything else is baseless set up spec. For the purposes of the game you have to take people relatively seriously. Nevertheless! Even if I take B- seriously here and he admits to joking, I don't have to think B- is scum here! And still have a null read.

Once again, what's wrong with believing a cop result. If people lie or are kidding around it's their fault if people misinterpret it. I would vote on cop results and I'll defend voting on results forever.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Defends bee.

Caves.

Defends B- and Caves? Inbetween these posts B- told me it was a fake result made as a joke, so I vote him out of frustration because it turned out he was lying to me/kidding? That's pretty important context to leave out when making a post like this, and offers a reasonable town explanation for what I did. I don't see how you can honestly form this argument without willfully omitting important information with the sole purpose of making me look scummy. It's pretty obvious that you're making a fake case against me because you're scum.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

ASF seems Australian to me more so than Toalpaz.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Your vote is based on not knowing what ASF's stances are. That's the difference between Toalpaz and ASF, per your explanation.

Not really that so much as I feel Toalpaz is trying. My vote on ASF isn't "bam, case closed, d2 please" but rather "hey ASF this is fishy wanna talk about this?" and I feel that should be pretty obvious and not something I have to state but here were are.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Toalpaz posted:

They may hop off a train or a turbo because they don't want to be caught turboing town, especially if there's a lot of scum on the vote. They also might hop off a vote if they're turboing scum.

If you think Tobbs is scum and did this, do you believe there were other scum on the vote? If so, any idea who that would be?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Nep-Nep posted:

Not really that so much as I feel Toalpaz is trying. My vote on ASF isn't "bam, case closed, d2 please" but rather "hey ASF this is fishy wanna talk about this?" and I feel that should be pretty obvious and not something I have to state but here were are.

A) ASF is scummy for believing b+1's N0 cop claim.

B) Toalpaz is less scummy despite doing the same thing because he is posting more.

If you take A-B you get a a lurker case.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Okay?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Toalpaz posted:

##vote vote b+ were getting there friends

Toalpaz posted:

-3 were almost there, I don't want a no lunch

Toalpaz posted:

Come on scum hop on it isn't too late

Toalpaz posted:

First scumbo right here.

Yeah, I don't buy it. You hard pushed a turbo, and are calling me scum for backing off? You can write as many convoluted paragraphs as you want, but you're behaving as if you know b+1's alignment. If b+1 is scum, backing off here is scummy. You don't make that assumption, though. You jump right to saying I'm somehow scummy for refusing to turbo someone who is town.

Your case and reasoning don't make a lick of sense unless you already know b+1's alignment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Nep-Nep posted:

If you think Tobbs is scum and did this, do you believe there were other scum on the vote? If so, any idea who that would be?

This is just mafia theory but taken altogether with how Tobbs is acting makes me susp of Tobbs. With just the theory it's hard/impossible to create a real case against b- or others in on the vote, but Tobbs acted strangly around that vote as you agreed with.

That, taken together with all the weird things he's said/how he argues about how I'm scum (by omitting context, presenting the case by saying that I'm acting without reason even though the reason is there, not casing me and b- the same even though there are simularities in the points he makes) brings me to the conclusion that Tobbs is scum.