Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hello! I promise to not lurk in this game (except likely on weekends).

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

IcePhoenix posted:

Much like high school in real life I am having trouble thinking of anything to say or who to talk to instead of just standing around awkwardly hoping someone will come up to me

I love your avatar. Did you watch True Sight?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Metallica's Metallica

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote b+1

Rude.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
WE READY

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
WE READY

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
WE. READY.

FOR YA'LL

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote Hum

This post sounds like something scum trying to look town would say.

Not a bad vote. Hum's post adds nothing but kind of looks like he's trying to help out.

##vote Hum

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Toalpaz posted:

Merk, who is good at mafia, wants b- to die. I know I'm trusting him today.

Just to confirm: This is a joke, right?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
NOT A LOT HAS HAPPENED, FRIENDS

That's all I got.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Toalpaz posted:

Its mostly a joke but I'm throwing stuff out there and seeing what happens. I suppose you can call it a method of content creation and deduction.

I supposed I can call it :yarg:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Scumalong is a new and fresh nickname.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
It's the freaking weekend I'm about to have me some fun.

*cooks 1b of chicken breast in souz vide*

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

imgay posted:

Toal, what if I revealed to you that I n0 watched Merk visit nep nep

What if I revealed to you that you did not

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The best part about souz vide is how pretentious it is but only costs $50

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

imgay posted:

Why are you being so defensive what are you scum why are you misrepresenting me, your too good a player you must be scum.

I actually typed out an all caps joke that said basically this and then decided to delete it. You left out (which my better joke had) that you were on a lynch of me as scum last game so you know exactly how I play as scum.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Toalpaz posted:

If I had to guess scum team D1 for popularity and accolades post game, I would say scum team is certainly...

Tobbs, Fisk, Hal, and MMT.

What do you think of MMT's serious vote? Why do you think she's scum?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Town Humalong usually reacts negatively in a much more aggressive way to even the slightest thought that he’s scum. The fact the he barely mentioned MMT’s vote and said nothing about mine is outside of what I think his meta is for town.

Another meta comment, b- scum game is to say people are town without explanation. He did that with Toal on the last page.

Nothing else really jumping out.

Posting from bed. Have friends coming in today. Won’t be posting much if at all after this.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Humalong posted:

poo poo just realized I had a decently sized post that the awful app apparently ate? Fuuuuck

Realized this in the shower: town, when they lose a post they think is helpful to finding scum, redo the post. At least that’s what I do.

Let me put a button on my Humalong meta post too: his emotions are in check here. I’ve never seen that before. Usually, as town (all I’ve seen I think?), he’s snarky, uncooperative, and emotional. He’s very reasonable toned this game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ehhh last game humalong was pretty reasonable and willing to be misdunked as town so this meta may be out of date

Link?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I also think somb is going after low hanging fruit. Not really bad for d1 but just got that when rereading Humalong now.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Toalpaz posted:

'Omgus is rarely a scum tell.' (Merk, 2018)

It is almost never a scum tell. You can probably update that to like 2007 too.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

Implying that you think Toal is town?

I'm not sure. I don't really have a read.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ehhh last game humalong was pretty reasonable and willing to be misdunked as town so this meta may be out of date

If you're scum, take this out of your scum game. This pinged me because you did it in a previous game where you were scum very recently. You talked negatively about my vote on someone in a way that made me question what I'm doing without putting yourself on the line at all.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

I guess I don't know what the point you're making is then.

You made what I think looks like a super easy case to make against someone who is super easy to case.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Murmur Twin posted:

I kinda feel like we deserve to lose.

This is ridiculous at the start of d2 with one town dead.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Toalpaz posted:

Too many lurkers. MT and Merk not being around is terrible. Hum should be here too.

I said I wouldn't be available over the weekend.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Toalpaz posted:

All Hal's posting today has been about the case against me and why I'm a good lunch. It's either lazy town not making his own cases or scum not worried about dying tonight or leaving reads on other players because ez lunch is here and he doesn't have to contradict himself later.

Hal is on my scum list.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

Uhhh if I'm dying today then I still feel pretty good about Toal and now Mmt being scum, maybe Hum but I haven't really kept up with him. Sorry I'm not in a position to post comprehensive reads right now, I didn't expect to die.

You're now in position. Make those posts.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote somber - not sure of this but his end of d1 stuff rubs me the wrong way and his Toal case was super easy that he never pushed away from.

I also would vote Hal but am still coming up with why I think that.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
MMT, who do you think was the ~patsy~ on d1? Do you think it was Toal? Why didn't scum push Toal at deadline?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Hal

His d1 consisted of:
1. Talking negatively about a n0 Cop claim
2. Voting Toal on the back of somber's case
3. Responding to my meta point about Humalong to disagree with it but not provide any examples when I asked

Those three things Hal did on d1 give him zero culpability whatsoever regardless of who flips and what way that player flips. Hal did the bare minimum d1 to get by without scrutiny into d2.

Also, there is no scum hunting in his d1. He just jumped on the easiest case available to him to do so and then peaced out. He was in the thread; he didn't do any investigation into anyone's alignment.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

A Sometimes Food posted:

Basically while I'm not against a somber cuddle I feel that MMT's argument is suspiciously weak.

##vote MMT

MMT's (b) and (c) points are very weak and not well thought out. She then double downs on it by saying town should lose which seems fake given the state of the game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
What do you think of Hal?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Somb where are these comprehensive reads

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

IcePhoenix posted:

I went back through the thread and that's my only read that's any actual new information/opinion sorry.

Don't want to vote Toalpaz.
Might vote Hal (need to reread).
Lean town on Somber.

##vote MMT

If Hal flips scum, remember this guy is his scum buddy.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I feel pretty good about this Hal vote. Came in and did nothing but claim an anonymous message for seemingly no reason.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

IcePhoenix posted:

I went back through the thread and that's my only read that's any actual new information/opinion sorry.
Might vote Hal (need to reread).

IcePhoenix posted:

Hal hasn't posted today outside of his anonymous message claim I'm sorry I can't get a read on him from one post merk

Exactly, you are leaving the door open to vote Hal in case you need to bus him at deadline. This is a classic newbie scum mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Merk, what’s the difference between Hal’s message claim and mine?

Because Hal's only purpose in the game so far is to do things that do not put any indication of his alignment out there.