Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

hmmm

ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Nep-Nep posted:

Flavor still good but I read correctly this time and now understand that it is not based on the terrible nws steam game, House Party. Full claiming before the day starts, Scum Weedguy

glad I wasn't the only one

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

*awkwardly tries to start a conversation*

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Much like high school in real life I am having trouble thinking of anything to say or who to talk to instead of just standing around awkwardly hoping someone will come up to me

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

merk posted:

I love your avatar. Did you watch True Sight?

Yes, it was incredible. The way they closed it out was perfect, I had totally forgotten about that interview.

I don't even care that they're not playing well because nothing will take away that run :3:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Did anyone else watch the newest episode of The Masked Singer this week? I really hope the monster wins it all.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

good lord I just noticed how long day 1 is this is the longest party ever

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

also ##vote b+1 I just want to make sure the mathematically correct version of your name is in votefinder

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm going out today and miscalculated time zones and am not sure if I'll be back for deadline, but I'll try to keep up on my phone.

I've caught up with the game though and am going to try to do a quick re-read to organize my thoughts and place a vote.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

##vote tobbs

His "I trust people who asked for confessionals" line is good, because from my (very limited) experience in other games I've observed it's true that scum don't really use them. And as a one-off that's fine. But several times he's referenced his own confessional, as if to hammer home "everyone I'm very townie see look at me writing in my diary instead of talking it through with other people."

I'm also not a fan of his MMT meta read of her being aggressive as scum when she's straight up admitted that she plays the opposite way. If Tobbs flips scum she'd be my first look tomorrow since that's a pretty hard defense of someone.

There's also some other stuff reading through his posts that just ping me though I can't figure out why.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I also feel that in the Tobbs/Toal argument Toal looked more like their frustrated descending into madness town self than scum.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Anyway my ride is on the way so I will do my best to keep up with the thread and change my vote if needed, but this is my strongest read at the moment.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Murmur Twin posted:

The first part of this pings me as suspicious, in that to me Tobbs is saying "I trust people who asked for confessionals" like town trying to provide useful information (as opposed to scum playing a strategy). That said, I feel like I've driven mislynches on IP the last few times we played so I'm down to err on the side of "maybe I just can't read IP".

Please don't forget the full part of that, which is that Tobbs has mentioned multiple times that he's gonna use his confessional, as if to remind us that he's definitely town.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Is it a hard scumtell to call oneself town? Is that why I'm your top scum pick today?

It's a manipulative way of saying it. Worse than just saying it imo.

Murmur Twin posted:

No I understand that's the point you're making, I just don't agree with your assessment of it.

That's fine but leaving out the whole argument is bad :colbert:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I'm honestly ok with any of the three up.

I'm not ok with a nolunch

going from defending MMT to being OK with her being the lynch with no reads at all indicating a change of opinion seems very townie and not bussing

I know tobbs can't be the target today but wanted to point this out

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

would prefer MMT if possible but I doubt it is so

##vote somberbrero

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Toalpaz posted:

Could you put a vote on vote leader for a lunch please

was still catching up sorry my friend

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hi good morning everyone.

Murmur Twin posted:

The fact that people are just giving somber a pass is bonkers to me, like if I can’t convince town that (a) his case on toal was fake, (b) his unwillingness to claim even to save himself is probably a sign that he didn’t want to lie and (c) if he were town, scum would’ve had no issues dropping the hammer, I kinda feel like we deserve to lose.

Not a fan of this, partially because of the "we deserve to lose" line for reasons already pointed out, but also because of (b). Not claiming as town is perfectly valid early on, imo. It would help scum as much or more than it would help town. Calling someone scummy for that is bad.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I went back through the thread and that's my only read that's any actual new information/opinion sorry.

Don't want to vote Toalpaz.
Might vote Hal (need to reread).
Lean town on Somber.

##vote MMT

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

merk posted:

If Hal flips scum, remember this guy is his scum buddy.

Hal hasn't posted today outside of his anonymous message claim I'm sorry I can't get a read on him from one post merk

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

:rolleyes:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

A Sometimes Food posted:

Me and somber already posted this. :colbert:

Somber doesn't count because he's the target :colbert:

I don't have an excuse for missing your post though. At least I provided more explanation I guess.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

B+ why do you think Fisk is scum?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Infinitum posted:

Sorry I have been absent from this game. Have been attending rock concerts and water parks. Will have time for this later this arvo after work.

What is the case for MMT other than 2 scum pushing him?

MMT's crime is that her posting is bad

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

which is clearly different than my posting because

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

b-minus1 posted:

Ok. I just did a reread of the end of d1 and all of d2, and have some thoughts I'd like to share. Need some time to piece everything together. For now, I'll just say that my top scum reads are RF and inf. Won't vote toalpaz or Hal.

I'm interested

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MMT even if you're telling the truth, the possibility that you're not and are lying scum is still worth testing IMO.

And if you're lying town then idk what the heck kind of gambit that is but it's worse than just not claiming.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jonathan Fisk posted:

also look at this, it's such an attempt to force a Fisk v Murmur thing that isn't occurring

it's also pretty funny

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

would vote RF just for that blatant post padding

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The most obvious way to ascertain your truthiness is to see your flip.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Toalpaz posted:

are you serious, wheres the arguement that mmt is scum

are...are you serious?

It's been a major talking point for the day.

It even came up a few times D1.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Toalpaz posted:

Could you outline all the points? Why does scum claim survivor and message town. Also why does scum not lie about their identity in message, why does scum not challenge hal when hal comes forward with it. It doesn't make sense.

The answer to all of your question markless questions is "town cred."

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Also MMT's vote on snooze made me look at her history and wow that's even worse post padding than RF :popeye:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Murmur Twin posted:

You think I claimed Survivor for town crowd? I feel like town is the only alignment that everyone agrees that I’m not.

You want town to trust and believe you.

Town cred doesn't have to mean you're town.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hi

I's Snooze's mason partner. Also there is a third person in our unconfirmed masonry, the freely lynchable MT.

We were all given the flavor names of each other as well, though not who was who. MT's name is "Lucy Lipson." Loose Lips sink ships...sure sounds like someone who would tell secrets and get us all caught at this party.

Oh and since MT knows which name was mine now...I'm Cam Eraphone, a watcher. And night one I watched snooze.

merk posted:

That Wallace kill sounds like a Poisoner. An SK Poisoner + Survivor + Scum would make this a tough game. Maybe scum have a one-shot Poison or something.

Only one person visited Snooze on n1 (other than myself): Fisk

Fisk is my vote for the day but first

##vote Malcolm

let's get the freebie out of the way and get a twofer

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

sorry, my last name is technically Erafone, not Eraphone

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Nep-Nep posted:

The other flipped names we've seen so far have been normal so it would be interesting?

Seriously?

The Bus Driver is named Confusion

The Hider is named Wallflower

The Cop is named Sherlock Holmes

The Watcher is named Cameraphone

The only one I can't puzzle out is the Tracker but I'm sure it's there.

I was already a bit sus on you and bunis for how the day ended over four hours early and this doesn't help your case.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jonathan Fisk posted:

it's his stock symbol

are we safe to just ##vote? I haven't used this system before but I wouldn't want to end the day early because we have to use ##free lynch or whatever

Once we have enough votes for the free lynch that person is gone but the day continues, and they flip at the end of the day.

da op posted:

If a player does not make 10 posts in a game day, they will be permanently ON NOTICE for the rest of the game.
If a player who is already ON NOTICE does not make 10 substantial posts on any subsequent game day, they will be subject to a FREE LIGHTS-OUT EXECUTION the next day. Said execution will not end the day, and the player’s flip will not be posted until the end of the game day.
These rules will not come into effect if a majority day-ending vote happens more than 24 hours from the game day’s deadline, or the game day lasts less than 24 hours, or I otherwise deem it to be unfair to enforce said posting rules.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

oh, you know I was so into my "HAY GUYZ I THINK I FOUND TWO SCUM!" I forgot to tell you what I got from last night

I watched Infinitum and saw nothing.

Picked Snooze n1 because in my experience unconfirmed masonries tend to draw early actions against each other

Picked Infinitum n2 because he had voted on Nep and I was sus on him from how the day ended.

Nep-Nep posted:

If you want to talk about the votes that's fine but I feel like rather than think "Nep seems to not have noticed the other names' meanings" you went to the worst possible conclusion, though thank you for explaining those to me because I really did miss them. Like I said I can't figure out how my name and role relate so :shrug:

I'll explain my vote at the end of d2 and keep it brief. It seemed people didn't have much interest in moving votes, I didn't have a good case against anyone else, I didn't feel like having to check the thread for another 4 hours, and if we NL'ed again I would've been pretty tilted.

Snooze had gained two votes recently and there were other people coming around on voting to her post padding. It's possible it wasn't going anywhere but it may have.

I want to be clear that I'm not sus on you because you voted MMT, I'm sus because of how it happened. Four hours of possible useful discussion gone in three minutes (the time between your and binus' votes).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

That's 7 on Malcolm now so that should be a flip at the end of the day.

Would vote Hal over Fisk. My Fisk vote is entirely contingent on him being a poisoner, which devolves into setup spec a bit. But on the other hand, Jimmy is clearly making this a very flavor heavy game so I feel like it's still a good vote.

I reread through the day real quick because I had mostly skimmed the stuff up to my first post. Definitely think MMT left us a breadcrumb to vote Hal out.

I still think they're both scum but I think the case on Hal is stronger.

Retro Futurist posted:

Tell me we're not pushing a lynch in Mylo on a flavour case.

13 alive in a 17 player game hmm yep must be mylo :shuckyes:

Jonathan Fisk posted:

good timing!

Ice, do you think my posting has been scummy outside of your result?

I can never get a good read on your posting until like the end of a game when I have more interactions to go off of. I think I just caught you with a lucky night action. Weird that she didn't hide on n1 though.