Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I got my first mythic (Infernus) and it's sorta astonishing how good he is at clearing things.

Also, how do I use these Dark Forge scrolls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

GrandpaPants posted:

Also, how do I use these Dark Forge scrolls?

Buy enough stages in the Tower event to unlock the weapon (I think it's 4th stage? you can see the rewards if you scroll over)

Then on the upgrade screen where you normally use ingots to upgrade your weapon, you upgrade that specific weapon using Dark Forge Scrolls as the currency instead of ingots

I don't think the Dark weapon is very good compared to the other colors we've gotten

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva
Floor 14

Rare - Life
Ultra - Unlock
Epic - Life
Legendary - Life

(What a lovely floor)

Floor 15

Rare - Armor
Ultra - Haste
Epic - Unlock
Legendary - Heroism

voodoo dog fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Jan 31, 2019

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
How many doomed weapons are there? Is it just one per colour? Will this one come around again if I fail to buy it this week?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Maugrim posted:

How many doomed weapons are there? Is it just one per colour? Will this one come around again if I fail to buy it this week?

We've only seen a few of the colors so far, but yes, almost certainly

And there's 6 colors, so assuming there's no dual-color dooms (a fair guess for now) you're looking at 24 week cycle, I think, before you'll see the same weapon again? The event is up for one week, then down for three weeks

Toilet Terror
Aug 5, 2006
Swirlie

Maugrim posted:

The weapons won't repeat. The next time a purple doom comes around, it'll be a different purple weapon per the spoiler site https://www.taransworld.com/

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva
Floor 16

Rare - Unlock
Ultra - Haste
Epic - Attack
Legendary - Haste

Floor 17

Rare - Unlock
Ultra - Haste
Epic - Haste (Bulette lair, though :( )
Legendary - Haste

So much Haste.. I love it :)

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.
Floor 18
Rare - Unlock
Ultra - Haste
Epic - LUCK
Legendary - Life

Floor 19
Rare - Haste
Ultra - Armor
Epic - Unlock
Legendary - Armor

Floor 20
Rare - Unlock
Ultra - Attack
Epic - Attack
Legendary - Attack

Enkor fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Feb 1, 2019

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Hey, all. Today there is a new mythic troop *and* a new faction! For the former, make sure you collected all your guild seals, and spend any orbs you have until we reach the next chest level. After that it’s safe for Gem Boiz to spend seals on guild chests.

The new faction looks pretty irritating. Buncha troops that deal true damage over time, and no healing or summoning to be found among the faction team. On the other hand, two legendary rooms and a couple of treasure rooms might make for sweet hauls at the end of a full clear.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
The team I used in eyes is valid here in snakes: Titan/mountain crusher,Tesla, Apothecary, Jotnar. (Traits matter for Titan and Jotnar)

Should do fine. Unlike eyes, the faction enemy team doesn't occasionally clear all brown from the board. On the other hand, five mandatory fights is awful.

onefish
Jan 15, 2004

Grundulum posted:

Hey, all. Today there is a new mythic troop *and* a new faction! For the former, make sure you collected all your guild seals, and spend any orbs you have until we reach the next chest level. After that it’s safe for Gem Boiz to spend seals on guild chests.

The new faction looks pretty irritating. Buncha troops that deal true damage over time, and no healing or summoning to be found among the faction team. On the other hand, two legendary rooms and a couple of treasure rooms might make for sweet hauls at the end of a full clear.

Think there's a chance it'll be better for farming than Sea of Sorrows / are you gonna progress in the faction event?

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
So thoughts on Tian Yi? It feels a little lukewarm to me, but it's interesting the synergy you get from the Monkey Disciples and Yian Ti, and the first trait is Jinx.

https://gowdb.com/troops/6651

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.

Solkanar512 posted:

So thoughts on Tian Yi? It feels a little lukewarm to me, but it's interesting the synergy you get from the Monkey Disciples and Yian Ti, and the first trait is Jinx.

https://gowdb.com/troops/6651

Well, I'm out of keys and guild seals and didn't get Tian Yi, so IMO it's not a very good mythic and good riddance.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Opened 350 chests, didn't get Tian Yi, but I did get Queen Titania who I didn't have before, so I guess that's a win?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

For the new faction, would a team including TPK be possible?

As for the new mythic, after a long time of burning thousands of chests missing, I got it in my first pull of 50 guild chests. And its not even good, ugh.

Arbetor
Mar 28, 2010

Gonna play tasty.

Fang Moor would be an interesting choice for a farm faction. It has two treasure rooms (rooms that spawn at a difficulty of 2, 3, or 4, and provide a beneficial trait to your troops), unlike Sea of Sorrow that is always fixed. If both rooms spawn at 4 difficulty, the treasure multiplier will be 3.1, if they spawn at 2 difficulty, the multiplier will be 2.9. This also effects the expected chest level at the end.

Unfortunately the treasure rooms are the last rooms you can open, so you do not get the benefit for many battles.

Personally, I think I will start leveling up Sea of Sorrow (currently at 90, since the difference in difficulty between 20 and 90 is minor, and I want those sweet daily common ingots), and leave Fang Moor at whatever level I end the weekend at, using it for farming for the immediate future.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
It took me 10k seals and 1800 glory keys to get the new mythic. I'd rather use Gargoyle.

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard
Second mythic in a row I waste all my seals and keys without getting it. My luck has run out.

MrTundra
Aug 19, 2014

Ultimate Mango posted:

For the new faction, would a team including TPK be possible?

I'm currently using Titan/Mountain Crusher, Divinia, Yao Guai, TPK. Bear Banner. Good so far!

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

After having terrible luck forever, this is I think the fourth or fifth Mythic in a row that I've gotten entirely with Guild Seals. I know my luck is going to run out eventually, but it so drat hard not to use the giant pile of glory and gem keys I've accumulated in that time.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
Finally got my dumb Dawnbringer, now to never use it!

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I use it all the time for daily quests. Good for some guild wars too.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Bandire posted:

After having terrible luck forever, this is I think the fourth or fifth Mythic in a row that I've gotten entirely with Guild Seals. I know my luck is going to run out eventually, but it so drat hard not to use the giant pile of glory and gem keys I've accumulated in that time.

I burned through several big piles in the past and didn’t get the mythic, so don’t feel bad. This week I got lucky but it was the first in a long time.

Can you now only get mythic you missed via crafting, or can you still pull any mythic you don’t have from certain chests?

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
Right now you can only get the new Mythic from chests*. Next Friday it'll go back to being able to get any mythic, whether you have it or not.

*If there were a mythic that comes in chests in the event kingdom event chests could theoretically open it, but it's not a great idea to chase mythics in event chests anyhow. This week's kingdom doesn't have a normal mythic yet, only the crafting only one.

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.
Floor 21
Rare - LUCK
Ultra - Life
Epic - Haste
Legendary - Unlock

Floor 22
Rare - Armor
Ultra - Unlock
Epic - Armor
Legendary - Haste

Floor 23
Rare - Life
Ultra - Unlock
Epic - Attack
Legendary - Life

Enkor fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Feb 2, 2019

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Yay, just pulled Tian Yi and he's my first mythic. Also got King Bloodhammer in the same 50 gem chest pull.

Edit - I'm running +9 Mountain Crusher, Yao Guai, Flame Troll, and Tian Yi now. Seems to work decently.

Also got my first two pets today :3:

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Feb 3, 2019

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
So, I am about to start doing something that will take up a lot of time in my life, time that I formerly spent playing Gems of War. I think it’d be a good idea for me to step down as guild leader of Gem Boiz. I can’t guess how much time I’ll be able to commit to the game in the foreseeable future, but it’ll certainly be less than I have been spending. I’ll stay in the guild for now, and I will probably be good for about a million gold per week just from tribute collection, but I won’t be able to participate in guild activities as much as before.

Do we have any volunteers/suggestions to take my place at the top of the Gem Boiz roster?

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Grundulum posted:

So, I am about to start doing something that will take up a lot of time in my life, time that I formerly spent playing Gems of War. I think it’d be a good idea for me to step down as guild leader of Gem Boiz. I can’t guess how much time I’ll be able to commit to the game in the foreseeable future, but it’ll certainly be less than I have been spending. I’ll stay in the guild for now, and I will probably be good for about a million gold per week just from tribute collection, but I won’t be able to participate in guild activities as much as before.

Do we have any volunteers/suggestions to take my place at the top of the Gem Boiz roster?

Good luck on your quest to not waste your life on a silly game!

Maybe Night Danger Moose should be leader since they are also in charge of the OP?

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

I've been playing this dumb game for a little while and I've mostly been ignoring the guild stuff besides getting into an active-ish guild and collecting the task bonus mails i get. I have like 5000 seals now, but my guild hasn't upgraded the chest past level 4. is it reasonable for me to think I can find a guild with a fully upgraded chest so i can spend all my seals? I'm still leveling kingdoms so I can't really be donating gold to a guild

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
You can always pass me the reins if you want. I promise to abuse the power.

So far for the raid I have been using...

Purple/Green banner
Artema
Oracle hero with event weapon
Event troop
Worldbreaker

The event troop base damage is fairly low, but can refill itself. Even at level 100 the boss can take more than two casts though. So I had another idea, but haven't tested it yet. Basically use troop movement with the new glory troop (or rope dart) to pull the boss to the front and beat it down with a couple skull matches.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Grundulum posted:

Sorry to hear that my dude, but good luck with the real life stuff. What can the GM do that the second rank can't, other than promote to second rank? Your spot in the guild is definitely safe unless you drop off the face the the earth completely.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

waffles beyond waffles posted:

You can always pass me the reins if you want. I promise to abuse the power.

What’s your user name? Your invite used to be Strongbad (or something to that effect), but there’s no user matching that description in Gem Boiz right now.

Night Danger Moose posted:

What can the GM do that the second rank can't, other than promote to second rank?

Two big privileges are reserved for the Chief Goon: (1) demoting players, and (2) kicking players.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Grundulum posted:

Two big privileges are reserved for the Chief Goon: (1) demoting players, and (2) kicking players.
Kicking inactives is pretty important, I guess we do need a pretty active HGIC. I'm fine to take it, or any other of the active goon2s.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
All hail Night Danger Moose, Chief Goon of Gem Boiz! May his reign be long and the spoils plentiful!

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Grundulum posted:

All hail Night Danger Moose, Chief Goon of Gem Boiz! May his her reign be long and the spoils plentiful!
Fixed. And yay in charge. Is this where I start issuing executive orders to build a wall between us and Zaijin? Keep those filthy goblins out, but I'm sure some of them are good people.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.
Long live the Chief.

Ok, what are those little bags on opponents that I'm seeing in PvP, attached to the top left corner of the cards avatar, usually on an Dire Boar? I don't seem to be getting anything extra from battles...

I'm using:

Earths Fury (Titan)
Nightwing ***
Artema ***
Ragnagord ***
Crypt Banner

I don't have Worldbreaker sadly. So far so good (lvl 155).

Night Danger Moose posted:

Fixed. And yay in charge. Is this where I start issuing executive orders to build a wall between us and Zaijin? Keep those filthy goblins out, but I'm sure some of them are good people.

As long as the goblins pay for it, also a very curtain would be fine (ala Christo).

porktree fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Feb 4, 2019

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

porktree posted:

Long live the Chief.

Ok, what are those little bags on opponents that I'm seeing in PvP, attached to the top left corner of the cards avatar, usually on an Dire Boar? I don't seem to be getting anything extra from battles...

It denotes a treasure troop - in events, they give more sigils. In other events they can be treasure gnomes that can have lots of rewards. Dire Boars are special to the current event and give 5 glory - if you look closely you’ll see the boar’s portrait behind the reward

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva
drat, this weeks raid troop kind of sucks, doesn't it? The gem generation seems to be just enough to only give me an extra turn like 30% of the time but quite often sets up a 4-match for the opponent. And it generates yellow so Valravens have a good chance of escaping. I don't really see how to beat the higher level bosses without it, though..

E: vv Thanks, that is a good idea for the later stages! Just now, I was able to cast it three times in a row due to lucky gem generation... It's just unreliable.

voodoo dog fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Feb 5, 2019

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Try

Sin of Maraj banner
Nightwing
Rope Dart (weapon)
Ragnagord
The Worldbreaker, Orion, or Stargazer (in that order of preference)

Use Sunspear as the hero class for a permanent firestorm. Don’t ever cast Nightwing, and simply use it to skull Zuul’Goth to death once you pull him to the front with Rope Dart. Ragnagord and TWB are both there for mana generation; if you use Orion or Stargazer then the goal is skull damage. Lemme know if/how this works, since I won’t get a chance to do any Raiding for another day or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrTundra
Aug 19, 2014

Grundulum posted:

Try

Sin of Maraj banner
Nightwing
Rope Dart (weapon)
Ragnagord
The Worldbreaker, Orion, or Stargazer (in that order of preference)

Use Sunspear as the hero class for a permanent firestorm. Don’t ever cast Nightwing, and simply use it to skull Zuul’Goth to death once you pull him to the front with Rope Dart. Ragnagord and TWB are both there for mana generation; if you use Orion or Stargazer then the goal is skull damage. Lemme know if/how this works, since I won’t get a chance to do any Raiding for another day or so.

I'm using something very similar, but with Orion's Herald in the last slot. Lets me summon Orion into the first position if/when Nightwing dies and he does far more good there than at the back.