Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
The Sentinel (Urskaya), Plaguelord (Darkstone), and Thief (Zaejin) weapons are all quite useful. The classes are really good also. Honorable mentions given to Oracle (Divinion Fields) and Shaman (Wild Plains), whose weapons are much better than their associated classes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Hannibal Rex posted:

Is there an obvious 'next step' for which units/classes to level after you've got the starter team of Treant/Alchemist/Valkyrie/Banshee? At least with regards to collecting souls, everything else I have seems like a significant step down.

As was suggested, replace Treant with your Hero. Pretty much all the classes make decent tanks just because you rack up so many bonuses for your hero eventually. Titan, sentinel, and runesmith all make a good first choice.

I Love Topanga
Oct 3, 2003
Just unlocked Dungeons. Should I be spending the 50 gems on the offer after beating the first dungeon boss?

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

I Love Topanga posted:

Just unlocked Dungeons. Should I be spending the 50 gems on the offer after beating the first dungeon boss?

On Sundays, absolutely. If you can spare the 300 gems per week for the other six days, it isn’t a bad idea. The diamonds are very useful for expanding your collection of mythic troops, and the extra colored jewels makes it easier to buy weapons when they appear in the Soulforge.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
I'm in a deadbeat guild right now, so I'm ready to jump ship whenever there's a free slot in a goon guild. I should be good for 2000 seals/week for as long as my interest in the game holds.

SMELLINGPRETTYC_H64G

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
We just had a player quit the game in Gem Boiz, so we have an open slot for anyone who wants it.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Invite me up, been in blossums for a very long time

Invite code is KURT914

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA
:siren: SAking, you're at 15 days of inactivity. Please start contributing or we'll make room for someone who will!

We do have one current opening in Boiz, first post gets it.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Here I am, my ID is a couple of posts up. I'm without my tablet right now, do I can't leave my current guild yet.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Hannibal Rex posted:

Here I am, my ID is a couple of posts up. I'm without my tablet right now, do I can't leave my current guild yet.

Post here when you get a chance. I keep different hours than most of the guild, so someone should be awake to extend an invite.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Grundulum posted:

Post here when you get a chance. I keep different hours than most of the guild, so someone should be awake to extend an invite.

All done. I'm a free agent again, happy to join the Boiz.

SMELLINGPRETTYC_H64G

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Hannibal Rex posted:

SMELLINGPRETTYC_H64G

Invite sent

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Hannibal Rex posted:

SMELLINGPRETTYC_H64G

Waitasecond... did you pick that name? I don't remember getting to choose mine. :tinfoil:

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

prefect posted:

Waitasecond... did you pick that name? I don't remember getting to choose mine. :tinfoil:

I'm pretty sure you can at some point. Mine's SOYSAUCEBEAST_W3ME.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Soysaucebeast posted:

I'm pretty sure you can at some point. Mine's SOYSAUCEBEAST_W3ME.

Mines just my username, LLSIX, no underscore nonsense. SOYSAUCEBEAST is a pretty original name. I am surprised someone beat you to it, but that’s the only reason I can think of for your code having an underscore.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Everyone gets the underscore and four characters these days. Early accounts don’t have them.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA
Boiz has 2 open spots at the moment, first 2 codes get it. Come get in before the guild task lootsplosion tomorrow morning!

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
KADDISH_QDD8

Let me know and I'll leave Blossums. Sorry Gem Blossums :(

Edit - I went ahead and left the guild.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Sep 13, 2020

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

SUMKAT_VGKJ

I've left Gem Blossums, sorry guys :(

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
I’ve sent invites to both of you. Let us know here if you need them to be re-sent.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

RAPNERSA is having a go at this, apparently I had a really old account? Would appreciate an invite to either guild

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Grundulum posted:

I’ve sent invites to both of you. Let us know here if you need them to be re-sent.

Thanks!

I Love Topanga
Oct 3, 2003
Oof, that’s going to be a big hit to the ol gem blossoms

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"
The majority of remaining blossoms are inactive :/

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Yeah there were like 8 active when i left.

The blossums have wilted

I Love Topanga
Oct 3, 2003
I’m a new, but active, player. I’ll wait for a spot in the Gem Boyz to open up.

Couple questions though...

I’m currently in the Gem Blossums. When I move to a new guild, will my Seals come with me? I’ve been saving them up in hopes of us hitting a 20,000 week, but it doesn’t look like that’s going to happen.

Would I be better off joining a pubby guild while I wait for a spot to open up, or am I better off in Gem Blossums since it is older and has amassed more bonuses?

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Yeah, the start of lockdown really had me lose all desire to play mobile games.

I've been trying to log into this, or any other game and just failing to play for any longer than a couple of minutes.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

I Love Topanga posted:

I’m a new, but active, player. I’ll wait for a spot in the Gem Boyz to open up.

Couple questions though...

I’m currently in the Gem Blossums. When I move to a new guild, will my Seals come with me? I’ve been saving them up in hopes of us hitting a 20,000 week, but it doesn’t look like that’s going to happen.

Would I be better off joining a pubby guild while I wait for a spot to open up, or am I better off in Gem Blossums since it is older and has amassed more bonuses?

you keep the seals

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe
The situation in Blossums might seem dire, but I've seen activity wax and wane in the time I've been there. Sure, it's kinda meh when poo poo's slow like it is now. But things tend to pick back up again after a while.

Although it's probably not the best sign when even the guild leader is inactive :-D

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Rapner posted:

RAPNERSA is having a go at this, apparently I had a really old account? Would appreciate an invite to either guild

Boiz apparently still has an empty slot, let me know when you drop guild and I'll send an invite.

Autarkeia
May 24, 2005
He's whittlin' on a piece of wood. I've got a feeling when he stops whittlin'... Somethin's gonna happen.
New to GofW but played others. Looking to guild up.

EIDO_QFT6

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I'm feeling tempted to start making the Dawnbringer/Xathenos weapons. Is this a terrible idea? :ohdear:

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
That way lies madness, and Zuul'Goth waits at the end of it.

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe

Autarkeia posted:

New to GofW but played others. Looking to guild up.

EIDO_QFT6

Invite sendt. Welcome to Gem Blossums.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Night Danger Moose posted:

Boiz apparently still has an empty slot, let me know when you drop guild and I'll send an invite.

Thank you, I’ve dropped guild now.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Rapner posted:

Thank you, I’ve dropped guild now.

Invited, welcome to the Boiz.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I've legitimately considered making Dawnbringer. I have almost no interest in Zul, but I see a lot of various comps that are easy mode that use it. I'm already at 300k souls, HOW HARD COULD IT BE.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Saxophone posted:

I've legitimately considered making Dawnbringer. I have almost no interest in Zul, but I see a lot of various comps that are easy mode that use it. I'm already at 300k souls, HOW HARD COULD IT BE.

I've been running Hero, Dragon Soul, Pharos Ra, rando (optional, 2nd Pharos Ra) as my pvp/dungeon team for so long I forgot how to build other PVP teams. It does a great job of racking up souls.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Is Pharos Ra in regular gem chests? I've somehow still not unlocked him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Kaddish posted:

Is Pharos Ra in regular gem chests? I've somehow still not unlocked him.

Pharos-Ra is a mythic so you're far better off saving up diamonds and then crafting it when you're able. Odds of pulling a mythic are pretty low and pulling a -specific- mythic are really really low.

That said, you could stockpile event keys and wait for his kingdom to be featured for the week and then cross your fingers and dump your keys.